PDA

View Full Version : Amp wiring

posborne07
01-14-2011, 07:55 PM
ok i have wired, every car i have own, wit a aftermarket in dash, but i have a 2010 scion xd. with the pioneer head unit, which color is the remote wire for the head unit , because i don't know which wire color to cut to connect my remote wire for my amp

TexXBox
01-18-2011, 09:58 PM
I just checked the official Scion 2010 electrical wiring diagram manual and it DOES NOT show any amp/antennae remote output wire. I know that the stock HU has RCA sub outputs and a sub enable/disable option in the settings, but I don't know how they intend to power on/off the amp.

I guess you can just hook up the blue amp remote wire to an accessory power wire (the gray wire on terminal 3 of the middle connector on the head unit itself maybe) and have the amp come on every time the key is on.

xDTool
01-21-2011, 03:33 PM
its been 2 years since i've wired mine, but i'm about 95% sure i remember it being blue.

TexXBox
01-21-2011, 07:11 PM
The stock head units changed for 2010 and I bet the wiring did as well. The previous version may have had an amp remote.

xDTool
01-24-2011, 01:48 PM
from looking around on the web some on this,

It seems the 12v accessory is the grey wire,
and blue is the 12v constant.

seems to be the same for 95% of the newer toyotas.
so youd tap into the gray.

for confirmation, id recommend hitting up a harbor freight and picking up a 4.00 multimeter and check the pins.

HARBOR FREIGHT MULTI METER (http://www.harborfreight.com/7-function-digital-multimeter-90899.html)

you should only get voltage on the pin when the car is on

TexXBox
01-25-2011, 10:25 PM
from looking around on the web some on this,

It seems the 12v accessory is the grey wire,
and blue is the 12v constant.

seems to be the same for 95% of the newer toyotas.
so youd tap into the gray.

for confirmation, id recommend hitting up a harbor freight and picking up a 4.00 multimeter and check the pins.

HARBOR FREIGHT MULTI METER (http://www.harborfreight.com/7-function-digital-multimeter-90899.html)

you should only get voltage on the pin when the car is on

I just checked the official Scion 2010 electrical wiring diagram manual and it DOES NOT show any amp/antennae remote output wire. I know that the stock HU has RCA sub outputs and a sub enable/disable option in the settings, but I don't know how they intend to power on/off the amp.

I guess you can just hook up the blue amp remote wire to an accessory power wire (the gray wire on terminal 3 of the middle connector on the head unit itself maybe) and have the amp come on every time the key is on.

Not to be a putz, but... I think I covered that. :)

xDTool
01-26-2011, 01:25 PM
haha, its all good,

I read that the first time I went through the thread, but Id be lying if I said I read it again when I did my followup response.

[/SIZE]

Not to be a putz, but... I think I covered that. :)

TexXBox
01-26-2011, 11:00 PM
Know how it goes.. No worries.