PDA

View Full Version : Asked the dealer today what would it cost to reprogram my speedometer and odometer.

CXTKRS1
01-15-2011, 03:01 AM
Service advisor said he couldn't quote me a solid number but it would cost at least $150.00...really for a whole 10 minutes of work. :rolleyes: Our local dealer is such a joke, I'm glad my father purchased his Tundra from another Toyota dealer and left the local guys out of a sale. I mean really what should be a fair price for just adjusting the speedometer and odometer...I'm thinking $75 would be fair but that is just me.

iperez85
01-20-2011, 10:17 PM
i work at a toyota dealer and most dealers policies are to charge a half hour of labor to just plug in the computer and to do any adjustments is AT LEAST another half hour. so unless you know someone at the dealer that will be willing to cut you a deal, looks like your stuck.

CXTKRS1
01-20-2011, 11:57 PM
i work at a toyota dealer and most dealers policies are to charge a half hour of labor to just plug in the computer and to do any adjustments is AT LEAST another half hour. so unless you know someone at the dealer that will be willing to cut you a deal, looks like your stuck.
No Toyota shop labor rate should be $150/hr.

xDTool
01-21-2011, 01:07 PM
or just stick with your stock programming and get used to it,

plus it cuts you slack if youre moving to a bigger overall diameter, because youa ctually decrease your mileage accumulation :emotions36:

TexXBox
01-21-2011, 07:06 PM
The reason it is such a pain to get it reprogrammed is because of the red tape due to odometer fraud on used cars. It takes half an act of God to get a dealer or anyone else legitimate to recalibrate your speedo because of the liability involved if the mileage is altered.

iperez85
01-23-2011, 11:53 PM
No Toyota shop labor rate should be $150/hr.

you would def be suprised at the labor rates some dealers charge, my dealer is 125/hr, and we are one of the cheapest in the district.