PDA

View Full Version : Drum/Disk brake conversion???

simmons0613
01-27-2011, 05:18 PM
I'm look to convert my rear drum brakes with a pair of disk brakes.

How hard is this to get done and at what cost? Has anyones else done this too?

XDevolution
01-27-2011, 09:14 PM
its not hard the only problem is finding a kit, i've looked into this when i first got my xd and i found nothing, the closest thing is a yaris rear conversion kit from wilwood but the bolt pattern isnt the same as ours, i would give you a link to the website but i forgot it :emotions122:

TexXBox
01-27-2011, 10:11 PM
Yeah, there is a kit for the Yaris that uses a four bolt pattern, and the Urban Cruiser in the UK and the home market Ist have rear disks as an option.

Have any friends overseas?

I think the Yaris kit is at Microimage.

simmons0613
01-28-2011, 12:10 PM
Yeah, there is a kit for the Yaris that uses a four bolt pattern, and the Urban Cruiser in the UK and the home market Ist have rear disks as an option.

Have any friends overseas?

I think the Yaris kit is at Microimage.

I don't have any over seas friends right now, but the army is shipping me out within the next 6 months. Just not sure where yet.

So if i get the yaris kit can i get it to work?

XDevolution
01-28-2011, 12:36 PM
I don't have any over seas friends right now, but the army is shipping me out within the next 6 months. Just not sure where yet.

So if i get the yaris kit can i get it to work?

no it wont work on the xd, the best thing you can do is to find an ist/urban cruiser rear axle with the breaks already on it and just use that, but the chances of finding a junked car with the parts are minimal. in all honesty that will cost you more than just waiting for a kit to come out. It sucks man, there is nothing out for the Xd :/

xDTool
01-28-2011, 12:40 PM
i think the yaris kit will give you the calipers to do the job or at least the right mounting bracket. you'll either have to source disks or have the disks drilled to our pattern, would also have to make sure the master cylinder is a good size. im not brake expert but there may be other things you'll have to do further.

added: more trouble than its worth imo

simmons0613
01-28-2011, 04:51 PM
Ya i hear ya guess.... Well i guess i will just hold off until a kit comes out. I'm getting my front calipers powder coated blue within the next week or two. So I will be satisfied with that for a little while.

JDMJim
01-30-2011, 09:07 PM
Corolla XRS?

simmons0613
01-31-2011, 01:55 PM
I have no clue, your guess is as good as mine...

xd king
01-31-2011, 07:56 PM
Corolla XRS?

nope i tried it didnt work

JDMJim
02-01-2011, 04:14 PM
good to know

YELOSUB
02-21-2011, 08:10 PM
nope i tried it didnt work

Really? What happened? There has got to be a way, not just with ist/urban cruiser and Yaris...I bet Randode could fab something, maybe I'll go over to his house and mull it over...

xd king
02-22-2011, 04:28 AM
Really? What happened? There has got to be a way, not just with ist/urban cruiser and Yaris...I bet Randode could fab something, maybe I'll go over to his house and mull it over...

i bet you could make something
it didnt directly bolt on
the holes didnt line up as i remember

SciFion
02-22-2011, 12:12 PM
When Five Axis Design Studios brought their xD to SEMA in 2007, they did a bunch of stuff to it. Included was a Big Brake upgrade from StopTech.

See the article and dimensions here> http://www.urbanracer.com/articles/anmviewer.asp?a=2857&print=yes

Maybe this might be the answer.