PDA

View Full Version : Scion xD - Vibrating door when music with bass is played

squint
02-16-2011, 03:02 PM
I got a 2010 Scion xD in October of 2009.

I noticed when I play music with a fair amount of bass (just basic alternative music, really), the door (or maybe window switch panel in the door?) sort of vibrates, audibly.

Sometimes it seems pulling the door handle inward makes the noise away, sometimes it seems like pressing down on the window switches sort of makes it go away. I'm not exactly sure.

One time I took it to Toyota and they said they "inflated" the inside of the door and that seemed to help for a while, but I've been noticing the vibrating noise again now.

Is there anything I can do myself without taking it to Toyota again? The last time I took it they acted like they didn't have enough time for my petty problems.

I'm afraid to do any sort of updates to the car in terms of the audio system. Not that it could fit a subwoofer anyway (and leave room for other things).

Any advice?

CXTKRS1
02-16-2011, 09:23 PM
Go back to the dealer and tell them to fix it, if not then threaten to go to the regional. You paid for that warranty when you purchased that car new and their is no reason they cannot stop a door from vibrating. If worse comes to worse they can use sound deadening to stop the rattle.

Resolve
02-17-2011, 11:09 AM
Welcome to the world of dealerships. Alot seem like they don't have time to fix it. As for adding a sub and not haveing space. there are ways to add one and keep some space. Dont be afraid.

But to the topic at hand is it the door or the plastic door panel Vibrating. By inflating what did they do? Sound deadening is going to be the way to go. If it is just the door panal vibrating against the door and not the door it self and you don't want to spend money on sound deadener you can go to a hobby or crafts store (or anywhere) and get some felt, preferebly with a sticky side already on it or soem weather stripping and take the door panel off and place the felt or weather stripping in the places it is rattling. this should solve the problem and be fairly inexpensive and save you the time and hassle of always going to the dealer.

JDMJim
02-17-2011, 05:33 PM
dealer needs to hear it before they will fix it. means no noise, no porblem. use the search function cuz this has been covered already

XDevolution
02-17-2011, 09:59 PM
i have the same problem, i think the noise might be the window its self vibrating cus i noticed that when the window is alil over halfway up but not completely shut, itle vibrate like crazy but if more then halfway down it wont vibrate

JDMJim
02-17-2011, 10:15 PM
it's the door panel. but complicating mine is the speaker or radio itself is acting up and the speaker distorts or breaks up. tweeter too