PDA

View Full Version : first use of usb disables aux?

orionscion
03-01-2011, 02:14 PM
hi, i'm new to the forum. i used my ipod for the first time with my 2010 xD utilizing the usb feature. I had been using the aux 1/8 in input for my satellite radio. after using the ipod which worked fine, i tried to switch back to the satellite radio after disconnecting the usb. the stereo doesn't seem to recognize the aux now, either with the ipod/aux button or the mode button the steering wheel. the usb and aux seem to be part of the same port, the inputs are right next to each other. the ipod still works when hooked up. i tried disconnecting the negative cable to the battery because i had read that doing that will reset the stereo, but no dice. going to have it looked at when i can, but i'm wondering if anyone has seen this problem? thanks much,

evan

simmons0613
03-01-2011, 07:04 PM
first off welcome to the forum,

But this is a new problem to me. Try removing the head unit and unpluging everything. I would leave it unplugged for 24 hours just to be safe. Then try to reconnect everything.

TexXBox
03-03-2011, 09:49 PM
I'm not 100% sure because I don't use that feature, but I think you need to push the USB/AUX button on the head unit to toggle between the two. Right now the head unit is looking for the wrong input.

Good luck.

Sorry, just re-read your post and you tried that. Oops..... Is there an i-pod enable/dis-able setting in one of the head unit menus that needs to be toggled off so the aux isn't in i-pod mode?

orionscion
03-05-2011, 09:43 AM
thanks all, still trying to figure it out, pushed all the buttons, nothing will switch back to the 1/8 inch input. gonna put a call into scion and see if they can help. also got a service appt coming up anyways, so maybe they can tinker with it. thanks!