PDA

View Full Version : Installation of AMP/Subwoofer

andyxd
03-10-2011, 10:50 PM
hey guys,
new to the scionxdforum. have had my car for two years and been wanting to upgrade it in about anyway and not had the financial situation to do so being a college kid and all. Just had a question about the xd. is it already set up to install a amp/subwoofer or do i need to do all the wiring. thanks for your time guys.

robbiej
03-10-2011, 11:10 PM
Scion offers 3 diff radios, I have the middle one and it has subwoofer adjustment settings and jacks for amp, but you have to wire it up yourself. I had a shop do it when they built my sub pods.

andyxd
03-10-2011, 11:13 PM
oh ok cool ya i got the base system in mine. the base system that they come with is awesome. just love music and jamming out so trying to get any idea on what to go with and use. so if you have any ideas for me on a good setup i could look into it would be most obliged. thanks

Resolve
03-16-2011, 02:41 PM
Does you radio look like
A) http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTM7X8tHsZVkgXVck2fuiMSNBnoewIcH yw_C2sisvWAxO7-e7TKXlpKDpYv
or B)http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQuWSZ5urNWgQNtXrXFCWdTZR2wkSJ33 MgwB9XoOM7yE-ldP76tZr_PgxKw

If A there is a little more work and wiring involved. If B then a little simpler.

Either you will have to run the following wiring for both:

RCA from radio to amp
Remote turn on from radio to amp
speaker wire from amp to speakers

Difference is if you have radio a you need to buy a low pass converter for about $10 to $20 (depending on prices in your area) and splice into the speaker wires coming off the radio to connect the low pass converter. This will allow you to run RCAs from radio to AMP. If you have Radio B it already has the preamp outputs on the back of the radio. Also with Radio B you have controls through the radio to change the setup for the signal going to the amp from the radio. With Radio A you do not.

Either way it is not hard just a little less work for one then the other. and a little more control ability.

CXTKRS1
05-18-2011, 06:32 AM
Guess he ran out of funds.