PDA

View Full Version : Suspension enhancements in relation to warranty

Pittshark
03-22-2011, 10:58 AM
I'm just starting to hook my D up a little bit, beginning this week with new wheels and tires. Plans for the near future include lowering springs and the rear sway bar. Here's the question, do these minor mods require dealer installation to keep the warranty intact? I'm hoping not, but I don't want to mess up the warranty with small stuff like this.

While I'm on the subject, where do you guys generally buy this stuff from? I have bought a couple small things (floor mats, bumper protector) from Scion parts mall because they had the better prices on those items, but in pricing the lowering springs for instance....Scion parts mall wants 272.00 plus shipping, whereas TRD sparks only wants 205.00 plus 9.00 to ship. On the other hand, the sway bar is 153.00 at sparks, but around 132.00 at the parts mall. This is quite a gap in pricing, makes me wonder if there are other places out there where even better deals can be found.

simmons0613
03-22-2011, 11:32 AM
I'm not sure if it voids any warranty or not. I got mine through private seller. But you can find parts at quite a few places. I will list a few for you.

www.trdsparks.com
www.getpaw.com
www.fastscions.com
www.nonstoptuning.com
I purchased my lights from www.ledunderglow.com and www.ijdmtoy.com
And you can make your own spectre intake with parts from autozone... heres they DIY for it... www.scionxdforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=906&highlight=spectre+intake

The xD is hard to find parts for so you may have to retro fit some pieces. There is not much for the xD if your going for power, remember this is a eco car. Its not built for speed. If your looking for body kits and thing like that just google "scion xd body kits" and click the shopping tab. Theres a bunch of listings there. Hope this helps.

Pittshark
03-22-2011, 11:54 AM
Thanks for the reply. I'm really not planning to do a whole lot to the car. Mainly just a few things for looks and a little better handling. I actually just put the Spectre filter in last week, and like I mentioned, getting the new wheels and tires put on Friday. I'll definitely check out those other places you listed for prices on the couple things I'm definitely gonna be buying.

I guess I shouldn't be too concerned with the warranty considering my bumper-to-bumper runs out in slightly less than 3,000 miles. After that, it's just power train and I doubt suspension changes can affect that.

simmons0613
03-22-2011, 12:04 PM
No problem, post pics of the new wheels when you get them put on. What size did you go with?

Pittshark
03-22-2011, 12:17 PM
I'll definitely put some pics up when they're on. The rims are 17x7 with 40 offset. For tires, I'm going with 225/45/17. Should be pretty decent.

simmons0613
03-22-2011, 12:30 PM
very nice. Cant wait to see them. Hey I have some family up there near Pitts. Have you heard of a company called European Concepts? Its a local shop in Greensburg my cousin owns. His name is Tim, tell him you know Matt and he may be able to hook you up with some deals. He mostly works on european imports but he may know a thing or two with our cars. Its worth a try.

Pittshark
03-22-2011, 12:43 PM
Greensburg is about 45 min to an hour from the city, so I don't make it out there too often, but I'll definitely keep that in mind. Thanks for the heads up!

What part of Florida is Middleburg located?

simmons0613
03-22-2011, 01:13 PM
North-east, about 30-45 minutes from jacksonville.

Resolve
03-23-2011, 11:28 AM
Welcome.

As for Warranty. Any mods will void the warranty for that section. I.e if you change springs then your suspension warranty can be void, but the drivetrain warranty would be fine. But they also have to prove your modification caused the issue. If Toyota installs TRD springs then warrenty would most likely stay intact, but with 3000 miles left I wouldn't worry about it.

And sites listed for parts are good. TRD SPARKS GOOD PEEPS as well as GETPAW.COM