PDA

View Full Version : Are there any 2" drop springs?

simmons0613
04-03-2011, 09:03 PM
Is there any lowering springs that drop 2"? I'm looking at the kit at www.getpaw.com or www.trdsparks.com but they only drop about 1 1/2".

1sweetxd
04-05-2011, 03:15 PM
the TRD springs i got from Scion claim to be 2" springs. haven't actually measured though. it was very obvious about the drop with my stocks on still, but it got lifted up a bit when i put the 18's and tires on .

XDevolution
04-05-2011, 04:24 PM
the TRD springs only drop 1.5" all around , the tein steep tech springs are a2.2" all around drop, and the tanabe df210. are a 2" drop in the front and 2.1" drop in the back

robbiej
04-05-2011, 04:31 PM
Yep, Tein S-Techs have a nice 2.2" drop. I got rid of my TRD's and installed Tein's, love'm.

1sweetxd
04-06-2011, 06:24 AM
looks like im gonna need to get different springs. lol. i thought there was a problem when people told me they couldnt tell it was dropped. lol.

XDevolution
04-06-2011, 11:37 AM
i drive like an animal so the trd springs are perfect for me lol, i dont wanna drop more and scrape up my car, especially with the potholes here in jersey.

simmons0613
04-06-2011, 11:43 AM
well its decided. I'm getting trd springs. Now I just need the cash

Vengeful Squid
04-06-2011, 07:19 PM
i previously had a '05 Corolla. done both, Tein S tech and TRD springs (mated with Tokico HTS blue shox). Impressions?: The S techs are all show....nice dropped look but soft as hell and did not feel confident through maneuvering. I hated them other than the lowered look. With the TRD/Tokicos, a more conservative drop but handling was way better than the Teins. For the XD i would not hesitate to do the TRD/Koni setup again. If ride comfort/performance is not as important to you as looks, go with the Teins.

CXTKRS1
04-06-2011, 09:10 PM
i previously had a '05 Corolla. done both, Tein S tech and TRD springs (mated with Tokico HTS blue shox). Impressions?: The S techs are all show....nice dropped look but soft as hell and did not feel confident through maneuvering. I hated them other than the lowered look. With the TRD/Tokicos, a more conservative drop but handling was way better than the Teins. For the XD i would not hesitate to do the TRD/Koni setup again. If ride comfort/performance is not as important to you as looks, go with the Teins.

So wait are you comparing a car with dropped springs/stock shocks and then a setup with lowering springs and aftermarket shocks?

Vengeful Squid
04-07-2011, 01:17 PM
yes

Resolve
04-07-2011, 02:16 PM
yes
So basically what is being said is it is not a definitive comparision since you changed more than one variable. by also changing the shocks.

I am not saying that you experience would still have been the same, but cant know for sure.

I will just stick with my set up and tweek it some more and make it better now that I have a workshop and can get to me good weapons (tools) to attack the car. lol :)

CXTKRS1
04-07-2011, 11:25 PM
yes

I think I found your problem. I do not know about the Corolla but the spring rate on the S-Techs for the xD are fairly good. However with such a large drop new shocks are not required but are recommended.

Vengeful Squid
04-09-2011, 09:11 AM
does anyone know the spring rates for the Stechs versus the Eibach Sportlines?