PDA

View Full Version : How is the a/c in the Scion xd?

Honeycombe
04-03-2011, 10:06 PM
I just looked at the Scion xd this weekend but haven't had a chance to test drive it yet. I live in a hot region, so a/c is very important.

Does anyone here live in a hot region and can say how good the a/c is?

simmons0613
04-03-2011, 10:27 PM
I live in just south-west of Jacksonville florida. So its beach weather to my right and hot dry woods to my left. The a/c is just fine for me. I do drive with the windows down most of the time but they a/c and heat is still perfect for my needs. Hope this helps.

mcbrew
04-03-2011, 10:47 PM
I just looked at the Scion xd this weekend but haven't had a chance to test drive it yet. I live in a hot region, so a/c is very important.

Does anyone here live in a hot region and can say how good the a/c is?

I have been impressed by the A/C in the xD. We have hot humid summers in MD. Many 90+ days, and even a few 100+ days. Humidity is outrageous. I usually end up turning the fan down to the lowest speed and it stays below 70 in the car.

The only mod I did was to insulate the return line to the compressor. Technically, this should make it more efficient, but I don't know how much. I also have installed a cabin air filter... Don't know of that counts as a mod. Shouldn't change be A/C performance.

Honeycombe
04-04-2011, 10:07 PM
Thanks for your responses. Hopefully it'll be warm enough next weekend when I get to test drive it, so that I can get an accurate reading on the a/c performance.

TexXBox
04-07-2011, 10:52 PM
I'm in the DFW Texas area and my A/C did just fine last summer. I do intend to insulate my suction lines like McBrew and a few others have done to help it cool down faster, but it hasn't been important enough for me to get right on it.

CXTKRS1
04-07-2011, 11:35 PM
I live in Louisiana and the A/C is fine for around here.