PDA

View Full Version : RS3 in Texas

effse7en
04-24-2011, 02:09 AM
Hi, I'm Sean, from Garland, Texas, and I picked up an RS3 xD on Friday. I've been in Scikotics through a few friends for a couple years now, and my Malibu finally died, so I got a Scion. My parents hated the BRM one that the dealership had, so Jeff at Sport City talked them into the RS3. I took number 317 home with me last night and have had an awesome time driving it around today. Charles up at sport city already gave me a new shift knob for it, too.
As far as my future plans go, I'm looking at wheels, but I'm not 100% on the color I want yet. I was thinking gold possibly. All my plans in my head had centered on getting a Magnetic Gray one, but now I'm gathering ideas for the xpresso. I would also like a mild drop until I can save for bags (year plus, at LEAST, unless I find a killer deal). I don't wanna screw that body kit up just driving down the street. Also, imo the seat is about an inch too high, so if anyone knows how to lower that a bit, a link would be awesome.
At some point, I'll be pulling the system out of my malibu and transferring it over to my xD. In that, i've got all Kicker KS coaxes, but I have a friend who works at Best Buy, so i'll get him to pick up some comps for the front stage. The sub is a Soundstream T5-10 on an AP15001D at 1 Ohm, about 1500W clean power. Mids amp that I might ditch (that scion head unit is awesome...) is an MTX Thunder whose model I always forget. power wire is KNU and generic brand 1/0 and speaker wiring is Kicker Hyperflex 12ga. I worked at Best Buy over the holidays, so I got all that Kicker stuff at cost, don't hate lol. I have an Alpine CDA-105 head unit, but that might be living in the closet for a while if I like the head unit on the xD.
Nice to meet you all.

CXTKRS1
04-25-2011, 04:06 AM
Welcome to the board and yes those soundstreams can pound. :)

musicmanxd
04-25-2011, 06:40 AM
welcome to the sight.. Im a RS1 owner and you will love your xd

1sweetxd
04-25-2011, 07:31 AM
welcome. im just starting to wear in my 2011. enjoy!

TexXBox
04-26-2011, 12:13 AM
'Grats man. I'll look forward to seeing you on the road. I'm in DFW and a Sciko too.

effse7en
04-26-2011, 01:42 AM
Yeah texx, I think we have talked a few times on the forums. You're probably going to have to help me with my mods when I get them going, you're the only other xD in DFW lol

TexXBox
04-27-2011, 12:37 AM
Damn, now I have competition. :)

1sweetxd
04-27-2011, 10:18 AM
you guys keep the competition clean up there in DFW. lol. hopefully one day i can start getting some of that competition here in the Beaumont area. lots of scions in the area, but i believe im the only XD that isn't stock around here. lol