PDA

View Full Version : What's the best way to touch up scratches / small nicks?

squint
04-26-2011, 05:35 PM
My Scion xD 2011 is starting to get some small scratches / nicks, and I was just wondering the best way to patch them up.

My car is the black currant one.

I was about to buy this but just wanted to check with you all first:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Toyota-touch-up-paint-9AH-Deep-Amethyst-Black-Currant-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem483d88a978QQitemZ31027 0011768QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccesso ries

TexXBox
04-27-2011, 12:33 AM
The secret to touch up paint is more the application of the paint then the paint itself imo. I have seen many "touch-ups" that look worse than the original damage. Take it slow, dab the paint into the chip itself with the tip of the brush keeping it below the surface level, DON'T "paint" it in, use several small dabs over time to build it up flush instead of one big glob to fill it all at once and you should do just fine. Maybe try a chip on a rocker panel first to get a feel for it before you do one on the front of the hood where it will stand out.

simmons0613
04-27-2011, 09:15 AM
Me and paint dont get along very well. I have a few scratches and dents. But I'm justing to wait till I want a new paint job to get them painted.

CXTKRS1
04-28-2011, 03:21 PM
Dr. colorchip makes a simple easy to use kit for touching up nicks and chips.

x2cafn8dx
04-28-2011, 08:42 PM
Me and paint dont get along very well. I have a few scratches and dents. But I'm justing to wait till I want a new paint job to get them painted.

I have gotten to this point as well.. the wasabi has metallic and pearl in the paint.. so it's ridiculous to get it right