PDA

View Full Version : Battery Symbol Warning Light

XDevolution
05-29-2011, 11:01 PM
My car seemed to just have this warning light pop up, now the manual says contact your local dealership but that doesnt help. any idea on what this symbol means? i tried turning on my car but its not starting. as i turn the key the car trys to start but than shuts down and all i hear is a very loud fast clicking noise comin from under the hood. any idea what can be wrong?

CXTKRS1
05-30-2011, 01:07 AM
My car seemed to just have this warning light pop up, now the manual says contact your local dealership but that doesnt help. any idea on what this symbol means? i tried turning on my car but its not starting. as i turn the key the car trys to start but than shuts down and all i hear is a very loud fast clicking noise comin from under the hood. any idea what can be wrong?

That clicking is the starter trying to engage but due to a serious lack of voltage it will not spin so basically you have a dead battery. Replace battery then check the charging system.

JDMJim
05-30-2011, 09:13 AM
dead battery.....replace it

xd_kidd
05-30-2011, 09:18 AM
wants a new motor. then f/i it lol ... or just go to ur local car shop that can recharge ur battery

XDevolution
05-30-2011, 02:31 PM
thanks for the help guys went to a shop they said it was my alternator that went. they did a battery check and it was still like new they did an alternator check and the they found that the alternator wasnt charging the battery so i just ordered a performance alternator :) might as well get sumtn good outta the situation.

xd_kidd
05-30-2011, 08:03 PM
that mechanic is wrong! what you need is a turbo my friend ;)