PDA

View Full Version : tires question

olyaishere
08-03-2009, 12:52 PM
Greetings everybody. My 2008 XD needs new tires. Looks like those 195/60R16 are rather pricy and hard to find (at least where I live). Someone told me that the TC tires work OK, but I checked and there are various TC tire models and I am far from being an expert. Can anybody suggest tires other then 195/60R16 that will be safe and that can be legally placed on the vehicle and pass inspection with? Thank you.

TheLittleDeviant
08-03-2009, 01:35 PM
If you get tC tires you will need the tC wheels too, as they are 17 inch wheels as appose to the xD's 16 inch wheels

but you dont have to get the same type of tire as the factory ones, just has to be the same size... otherwise the speedometer will be off... If your like me and dont care what the speedo reads (cause you have a GPS that also reads speed, or you just dont really care how accurate the guage is) Then you have the option of getting tires that are not the correct size, you dont want to change any of the sizes by too much, but you would be ok with anything from 185/65R16 up to 205/45R16...

misformartin
08-03-2009, 04:53 PM
yah tc wheels are 17 and stock xd wheels are 16... you can always try and find a set of tc wheels with tires.. they are all over craigslist