PDA

View Full Version : DC Sports Cold Air Intake

Pittshark
06-30-2011, 09:03 AM
Installed this yesterday. Feels totally solid and the fit was perfect. Still need to do some more driving to really judge, but so far I'm noticing some gain in the higher RPM's....and definitely some better sound. Perhaps its mind over matter, but it certainly seemed a little more fun driving on the highway to work today.

As far as installation, it was pretty straight forward and not terribly difficult even for a mechanically inept person like myself. You do have to remove the bumper and headlight and I found the hardest part to be putting the bumper back on because of all the tabs and plastic pieces that have to be lined up/popped back in the place before you can put the screw and pins back in.

A few pics:

CXTKRS1
06-30-2011, 11:21 AM
Do you perform the install by yourself?

Pittshark
06-30-2011, 11:41 AM
Well a friend helped, but basically just for the benefit of having two people taking the bumper off and keeping it from falling on the ground and to get the screws and pins out a little faster. The actual intake install I did myself.

Whack-A-Mole
06-30-2011, 06:43 PM
I like it man!

Pittshark
06-30-2011, 07:25 PM
Thanks!

CXTKRS1
07-01-2011, 10:01 AM
Well a friend helped, but basically just for the benefit of having two people taking the bumper off and keeping it from falling on the ground and to get the screws and pins out a little faster. The actual intake install I did myself.

Cool I was wondering how hard it was to remove the bumper...I still have some HID's I need to install. :o

Pittshark
07-01-2011, 10:21 AM
Oh thats cool.

Yeah, its not overally difficult, definitely harder to put back on than it is to take off. Feel free to PM me if you'd like a quick step-by-step or something.

Resolve
07-01-2011, 11:37 AM
Yes the front bumper is cake. I have had it off and on so many times. I am even missing like half the bolts and clips lol.

Just be prepared the first time you take it off. when you first pull the bumper sides out to unclip them by the head lights it is going to sound and feel like your broke something. but you are ok. It all pops right back together.

TexXBox
07-01-2011, 10:17 PM
^ Good tip.

damouse
07-26-2013, 04:00 AM
Looks sick