PDA

View Full Version : Dumb Question?

longlostlotrelf
07-15-2011, 11:34 PM
Hello...
Just curious. Now I love my Scion...but to me orange is a very...annoying color. Haha! Is it possible in my xD to get the radio lights changed to blue?

xDizzle
07-16-2011, 01:46 AM
Yea turn the power off and hold the menu button and the option should come up then click it to change it to blue

simmons0613
07-16-2011, 07:34 AM
I hear ya I agree that orange is annoying. My whole interior is blue besides a few spots like the clock and some of the dash indicators that are orange....for now

TexXBox
07-16-2011, 07:42 AM
Yea turn the power off and hold the menu button and the option should come up then click it to change it to blue

That's true depending on which radio is in the car. The base radio does not color change and is permanently amber unless you physically change the LED's.

longlostlotrelf
07-16-2011, 09:05 AM
I have a pioneer radio. There is no menu button on it lol.
Would changing the LEDs be ridiculously difficult?

JDMJim
07-16-2011, 10:04 AM
I like orange. We drive Scions, not VW's

longlostlotrelf
07-16-2011, 01:25 PM
I like orange. We drive Scions, not VW's

Wonderful, that is your opinion lol. You can like orange, I never said you can't and I'm fully aware that my car is not a Volkswagen. I had a VW...never again. My radio display was broken on it so I never saw what color it was. I would just be really at ease if it wasn't orange and it was blue which is less of an irritating color on the eyes at night. lol?

xd_kidd
07-16-2011, 04:40 PM
Yea ii got dead tired of orange... prolly go wif purple myself lol

simmons0613
07-16-2011, 06:06 PM
Did you go with the premium sound or the stock standard sound?

longlostlotrelf
07-16-2011, 08:43 PM
I don't know, I think it's stock? I got the car used so I have no clue haha

TexXBox
07-16-2011, 08:55 PM
If it looks like this (except orange)

http://www.justady.net/cars/xd/radio.jpg

then it is the base unit and you have to swap the LED's. If it is the premium then you can change it with the radio settings.

If the car still has the Scion owners manual/first aid kit in the glove box, there should be a radio manual that will have all the info.

If you do have/want to change the LED's it is a pain. They are tiny (.8mmX1.6mm), there are nearly forty of them and you have to take the radio apart. A good afternoons project for someone with experience and very likely nearly impossible for someone who doesn't have an electronics background and the tools for the job.

longlostlotrelf
07-17-2011, 01:23 AM
No, TexXBox. Mine looks like this: http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_D52XcATHzos/RcuyPy4VqQI/AAAAAAAAAuI/FxLR1sQmDF4/s400/Scion+xD+11.jpg
The only info in the book is about setting a custom message.
Other than that, I think I'm stuck with orange!

Do you have a bigger full size picture of your avatar pic? That looks really cool! I would love to see it bigger, if that is indeed your Scion it's on haha.

simmons0613
07-17-2011, 06:51 AM
I dont think that model can change color. It looks like your stuck with it buddy lol.... your like Texx said, you could change the LEDs. Best of luck!

TexXBox
07-17-2011, 10:44 AM
Yeah, if memory serves me correctly that is the earlier base model radio. No built in color change :sad72:

That avatar pic is of the grill emblem on my old first gen B. I have not had the opportunity to back light the one on my xD yet....... But I am working on it.