PDA

View Full Version : Alarm randomly sounding...

simmons0613
07-18-2011, 12:13 PM
I'm not sure if this is posted in the right place but oh well.

for the last 2-3 months my car will randomly sound the "bump" alarm. The alarm that sounds when you bump into the car hard enough. It has 3 beeps (honks) too it. BEEP BEEP BEEP! lol.

It goes off probably 2-3 times a day. I've even heard it upwards of 10 times.

Does anybody have any clue as to why it does this. When I open the door and look at my security light indicator its not saying that there was any intrusions. It can get very irritating and now everybody just ignores it, but I would hate to ignore it when something really does happen to it.

PLEASE HELP!!!

P.S. it has gone off twice while typing this up.

---------- Post added at 01:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:05 PM ----------

now that I think about it... it all started when I first installed my HID 6000k headlights. Do you think there is a voltage meeter in the alarm system and it is detecting random drops in voltage from the HIDs?

Resolve
07-18-2011, 12:23 PM
If the car is off and headlights off the HIDs should not be pulling any power.

do you have any other lights or anything on.

What about a neighborhood cat that likes to sit on cars?

Mine will do the three chirp thing like a warning without going off every once and a while. but we have a cat in the area that will sit on cars or go under them. so I think he is setting it off.

---------- Post added at 01:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:22 PM ----------

I have checked and check most times it does it and never see anyone/anything around it so that is my thought regarding the cat

simmons0613
07-18-2011, 12:25 PM
we do have a few strays around here so it could be it. I have no clue, I just keep an eye out and see what happens next.