PDA

View Full Version : anyone want long tube headers? no bs

xd_kidd
08-11-2011, 06:16 PM
So we all know that we share motors with the corolla le. S . And ce? Anyways johnny from rpm headers made long tube headers for the corolla which will fit our cars as well. Dyno sheets have been proven that made 8hp wif mid pipe (gotta have a custom made mid pipe cause of their designed) in over 100+ weather. So it could of made more. Reg retail goes for 375 alone but we all ready got 5 ppl interested so u'll already get 10% discount (w.o shipping) 10+ will give us 15% discount. Any questions ask me. Gotta make a deposit of 100 bucks to be in the gb ... contact johnny nd refer me (xd kidd) for this awesome deal. To make make a deposit or other question ask johnny which his info and pictures are provided in the link below.

Btw they are the makers from ppe headers (google it) they have good reps nd these headers are a steal for the price. (Based on 1zz headers)

So hide your kids. Hide your wife. Cause these will be badass!
Any questions and dnt want to get a tn account. You can ask here!!!

YOU CAN MAKE A DEPOSIT ONLY AND THEY WILL HOLD IT FOR YOU BY THE END OF SEPT AND GET THE DISCOUNT PRICE!!. DEPOSIT IS NON REFUNDABLE!!!

pics!!!

http://i55.tinypic.com/1znrloy.jpg

http://i56.tinypic.com/umvsj.jpg
http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/showthread.php?t=387967

XDevolution
08-11-2011, 06:23 PM
do you "need" to get a midpipe made? can i just run the header and have it mated to the stock midpipe?

xd_kidd
08-11-2011, 06:31 PM
U will need to fab up ur own mid pipe dude. It cannot make love to our stock mid pipe.

Whack-A-Mole
08-11-2011, 06:46 PM
Have you ordered your yet?

xd_kidd
08-11-2011, 06:49 PM
Why yes ii have. Thank you for asking lol

Whack-A-Mole
08-11-2011, 07:34 PM
Well, now at least we know we hit 5 on the group bUy. So we get a discount.

xd_kidd
08-11-2011, 09:39 PM
So yea join us. We got the group buy offer extended for another week so get it!!! Lol

---------- Post added at 10:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:21 PM ----------

YOU CAN MAKE A DEPOSIT ONLY AND THEY WILL HOLD IT FOR YOU BY THE END OF SEPT AND GET THE DISCOUNT PRICE!!. DEPOSIT IS NON REFUNDABLE!!!

gb is good till one week from today (aug 11)

simmons0613
08-12-2011, 09:03 AM
Wait... So we get a 25% discount?

xd_kidd
08-12-2011, 10:39 AM
So far we get 10% .. we get 5 more ppl we get 15%

simmons0613
08-12-2011, 10:41 AM
ohhhhhh! ok

---------- Post added at 11:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:40 AM ----------

$100 down + pay $237.50+S&H before September 30? hmmm

xd_kidd
08-12-2011, 12:01 PM
Yup.

ScionNutt
09-12-2011, 10:47 PM
Now that the full length header has hit the streets, we are looking for an xD in the Phoenix area so we can build out a midpipe to fit. If anybody is interested in lending a hand (and getting a killer deal!), hit me up with a PM and we can roll from there. Gracias!

Whack-A-Mole
09-13-2011, 03:04 AM
Now that the full length header has hit the streets, we are looking for an xD in the Phoenix area so we can build out a midpipe to fit. If anybody is interested in lending a hand (and getting a killer deal!), hit me up with a PM and we can roll from there. Gracias!

That would be cool! You also might be able to wrangle more traffic on Scionlife/XD forum. It seems they are a little more well known. I got my header and am looking forward to getting it installed. I haven't shopped around yet, what do you think labor would be for that?

ScionNutt
09-13-2011, 06:22 AM
The installation is pretty straightforward as the exhaust manifold is very easy to get to. My guess is not more than two hours at the most.

XDevolution
09-13-2011, 04:33 PM
If a midpipe is made will there be available options to mate with the stock header or any other aftermarket header? because im very interest in the midpipe and also will there be options similar to the corolla midpipe options?

ScionNutt
09-13-2011, 06:37 PM
If a midpipe is made will there be available options to mate with the stock header or any other aftermarket header? because im very interest in the midpipe and also will there be options similar to the corolla midpipe options?

You got it exactly! The different midpipe configurations will mirror the Corolla so folks have the option on how they want it built. With the number of Weapon R header out there, we do not want folks to feel like they are forced into changing headers just to enjoy a high flow midpipe.

Whack-A-Mole
09-14-2011, 04:12 AM
I have my final parts coming in the mail. I'm getting the vibrant 1140 and 1145. So xd_Kidd, have you already got your header installed? If you haven't, then it will be a race. I'll get the vibrant muffler today, and get it fitted tomorrow with the stock system. Then when I get the resonator, I'll do the rest of the exhaust back including the header. I'm going to keep the stock cat because of my budget. I'll take a bunch of pics and a couple of videos with my iPhone, and it would be cool if you could use the same video setup as the iPhone so as to keep continuity to see the minor difference in the setups. I'm excited and I hope you are too. I love having something a little different.

xd_kidd
09-14-2011, 07:41 AM
U'll get there first. I have no days off till... idk when. I was gonna have it done Tuesday but they wanted my car for too long and I had to get to work. Friday my car is going to the shop to get my passenger coilover tighten .. its alil loose (weird) .. but yea good luck man! I already had it lifted nd checked out. Looks good

YELOSUB
09-14-2011, 08:59 PM

I'm local...PM sent...

ScionNutt
09-14-2011, 11:03 PM
I'm local...PM sent...

Thanks YELOSUB! PM back at ya......

YELOSUB
09-14-2011, 11:47 PM
Got your PM Jim thanks...

Whack-A-Mole
09-19-2011, 10:45 AM
Well I'm getting work done today. The only issue right now is the second sensor wire length, which they will add wire to extend the reach. Here's a few pics of the vibrant 1145 muffler I'm going to use, and the stock mid pipe that's going to be replaced.http://i767.photobucket.com/albums/xx312/natofrombombato/a73f4909.jpg
http://i767.photobucket.com/albums/xx312/natofrombombato/7efa514f.jpg
http://i767.photobucket.com/albums/xx312/natofrombombato/a08cd77f.jpg

XDevolution
09-19-2011, 11:06 AM
see the little piping right after that underbrace thats the only pipe in changing. from that bomb looking resonator to the axleback flange ima run 2.5 " piping. there is no need to chnage the pipe with the cat and resonator cus that pipe is already 2.5"

Whack-A-Mole
09-19-2011, 11:32 AM
I see. I thought it was 2.25" though, oh well I'm doing 2.25" back, I've already bought the pipe.

---------- Post added at 12:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:21 PM ----------

Just went out and measured, it is 2.25".

YELOSUB
09-19-2011, 04:03 PM
After talking to both Jim and Johnny at RPM I decided to donate my xD for the cause...I made the 60 mile one-way trip this afternoon to drop her off...I have spoken to both Jim and Johnny on the phone and they were really cool...It was nice to finally meet Johnny at the shop, cool dude...He showed me the header that's already available, man do they do awesome work...They should be done with my car this week hopefully and then you all should have mid-pipes available in no time...

Thanks again Johnny and Jim @ RPM, looking forward to see the final product...

Whack-A-Mole
09-19-2011, 05:41 PM
You're on the right shop yelosub. I just got back from my local Midas, and am not happy. I bought a bunch of mandrel bent tubing, a resonator, a flex pipe, and a muffler. The straight part went fine with the header, stock cat, and flex pipe. (they had to extend the wires on the last sensor to behind the cat). They (Midas) then proceeded to ignore mandrel pipe I bought, and just crush bent the rest of the pipe to the muffler and didn't install the resonator at all. They then said that there were too many bends to use what I had, which was 4x45 degree bends 4x90 degree bends and 2x180 degree bends. I left pissed and loud. Now I need to find a reputable exhaust shop to redue their job from the mid pipe back. I guess the good news is they didn't mess up the mandrel pipe I have, and I can find a proper shop to finish the job. Anybody know a good shop around Chattanooga? It's been a long day!

XDevolution
09-19-2011, 08:16 PM
I guess ima just wait for the mid pipe :) o boy this is exciting

how much can we expect the midpipes to cost? around the same as the corollas? and will there be a group buy so we can have those discount opportunities?

xd_kidd
09-19-2011, 08:56 PM
yea!!!!!!!!! midas and meineke was giving me a hard ass time! and took it to just a normal pipe bending shop and fucker was like yea it doesnt have the lil pipe that connects to a flange so he didnt want to put work so ima leave it on hold for a sec. I'm starting to have thoughts for another car in a few months

Whack-A-Mole
09-19-2011, 09:14 PM
Didn't ohcrap get some exhaust work done at JE import performance? As for the mid pipe from rpm, I'm sure it will be good as I love my header! I don't know if the mid pipe will be long enough for a cat, flex pipe, and a resonator. I tried to get Midas to put the resonator close to the muffler like tanabe did with their axle back, but I left with a friend. I guess out of sight out of mind.

CXTKRS1
09-19-2011, 09:25 PM
LMAO at you guys going to Midas and Meineke to get custom exhaust work.

ThisorThatxD
09-19-2011, 09:35 PM
i went to Meineke and got exactly what i wanted....

i knew the guy tho lol. 60$ custom cat-back ftw

xd_kidd
09-19-2011, 10:04 PM
LMAO at you guys going to Midas and Meineke to get custom exhaust work.

As far as the mid pipe goes. Its jst a pipe. Nothing fancy. Between the headers nd my axle back. Not much going on between the cat nd resonator.

---------- Post added at 11:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:03 PM ----------

craps exhaust was done in texas.

XDevolution
09-20-2011, 03:03 PM
ok ima ask this, is the mid pipe the little pipe between our res and axleback? or is it the whole pipe that connects to our stock header and axleback? cus all i really want is that tiny pipe thats between the res and axleback.

Whack-A-Mole
09-20-2011, 11:23 PM
The axel only runs to your rear wheel. You can see how short it is in pics of available products. The mid pipe runs from the down pipe or the long tube header to just before the axel. It's only the straight part of the pipe from what I understand. The stock resonator reduces the pipe diameter in our car.

xDizzle
09-21-2011, 06:32 AM
i went to Meineke and got exactly what i wanted....

i knew the guy tho lol. 60$ custom cat-back ftw

Lol!!!

XDevolution
09-21-2011, 08:28 AM
yea i just wanna replace that smaller pipe. how much do you think just replacing the pipe inbetween the resonator and axle will be?

ThisorThatxD
09-21-2011, 09:15 AM
it really shouldnt be that much. anything over 50$ would be a rip off in my opinion. its not that much pipe.

XDevolution
09-21-2011, 04:29 PM
true, hopefully in a few weeks itle get done.

Whack-A-Mole
09-22-2011, 03:38 PM
I think I'm going to end up getting one of the rpm mid pipes. My dynamic infoulable Midas plan didn't work out. Scionutt, give us an update.

YELOSUB
09-22-2011, 07:21 PM
I got a call from Johnny yesterday with an update...As we know the header went on without issue...Johnny was hoping that he could just modify the mid-pipe for the Corolla that he already has available but that turned out not to be the case...He will be building a mid-pipe from scratch...If not done this week, he should be done first thing next week...So far a pleasurable experience with RPM as they are atleast keeping me updated...

XDevolution
09-22-2011, 11:11 PM
when the first midpipe is done there should be a pic posted up just to see exactly how it will look.

YELOSUB
09-24-2011, 01:31 AM
Ok, I spoke to Johnny on the phone today...Things are going good and everything is moving right along...Looks like they will be completely done with my car on Tuesday but he did get the mid-pipe test fitted and mounted up...He sent me some pics of it and it looks awesome...I like what I am seeing so far...

As far as questions go I wont be able to answer them but Johnny did say that either him or Jim would try to get on this weekend to answer them...Now on to the pics...

http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb107/yelosub/0923111316.jpg

http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb107/yelosub/0923111319.jpg

http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb107/yelosub/0923111318a.jpg

http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb107/yelosub/0923111318.jpg

Whack-A-Mole
09-24-2011, 09:49 AM
Man, even under your car, looks show quality. What diameter pipe is after the resonator, and does it run up to the stock axel back location?

YELOSUB
09-24-2011, 10:49 AM
Lol...I believe Johnny said its 2 1/4" tubing throughout...As for as how far it goes I don't know...

Whack-A-Mole
09-24-2011, 05:53 PM
What about price and when can we order. My Midas mid pipe rattles, and I want it gone ASAP.

XDevolution
09-25-2011, 12:58 AM
price is a serious deciding factor this is what will i guess make or break my decision.

ScionNutt
09-25-2011, 11:33 AM
Thanks for the kind words! Our company would be nada without the help and support of folks like Nateson, xD Kidd and our new best friend Yelosub. These three have been a driving force behind the creation of our Toyota header and midpipe and should be thanked for helping develop some kick a$$ products for the xD community. The good news is that we were wrapping up everything yesterday so Yelosub can quit taking the bus and get his hotrod back!

We'll be releasing out the different configurations and pricing ASAP so we can start building and shipping. Please note we also designed the midpipe to install with the stock exhaust manifold or Weapon R header. Like the Corolla project, we wanted to offer the option for folks to buy the midpipe even if they didn't want to purchase our header or had already made the investment in another aftermarket shorty header.

Thanks,

Johnny
RPM

YELOSUB
09-25-2011, 02:56 PM
Thanks for the kind words Johnny...For you folks in Az, I suggest you take a drive out to Chandler to meet Johnny and the crew and also to check out the shop...

ScionNutt
09-26-2011, 09:31 PM
RPM Header/Midpipe UPDATE !!!

Here is a link to our Photobucket with updated pics of the XD midpipe project and some sound clips with the stock axle back and a Strup axle back http://photobucket.com/scionxd

Johnny
RPM

CXTKRS1
09-26-2011, 11:45 PM
RPM Header/Midpipe UPDATE !!!

Here is a link to our Photobucket with updated pics of the XD midpipe project and some sound clips with the stock axle back and a Strup axle back http://photobucket.com/scionxd

Johnny
RPM

Looks good.

YELOSUB
09-26-2011, 11:58 PM
I want to thank Johnny for all his hard work that went into this project...After my last venture (turbotoyota) I was a little nervous about loaning my car for another project...But after physically meeting Johnny at the shop and his continual updates and phone contact with me my mind was quickly put at ease...After seeing the final product I'm very pleased...The sound clips sound like a little beast has been unleashed...Can't wait to meet up with Johnny tomorrow and get my car back...

Thanks again RPM...

YELOSUB
09-27-2011, 04:02 PM
Woo hoo, talk about customer service!!! Johnny just called and said he is driving the roughly 60 miles to deliver my vehicle to me along with all my stock parts in a follow truck...I can't thank Johnny and the staff at RPM enough for all their work...

I will give you all my feedback once I get the car in my hands and take her for a spin...

Make sure to support RPM as they have supported the xD community when few other companies have...

---------- Post added at 02:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:40 PM ----------

UPDATE!!!!

My vehicle was delivered at 1:00 pm Arizona time :)

I fired up the xD for the first time, man what a completely different sound...She sounded loud and mean...Throttle response is instant...I took her for a spin and opened her up, man the butt dyno could definitely feel the power difference...Remember folks, I have an AUTOMATIC...I smash the gas and the xD gets up and goes...Smash the gas from a roll on and the power is instant...I believe their dyno claims on the Corolla for a 8-10HP gain are correct for the header and midpipe combo...I believe I'm probably somewhere around 12-15HP with the header, midpipe, Strup exhaust, and the short ram intake...I might be even a little more but without a dyno I'm not for certain...

You DO NOT need to run an aftermarket exhaust to use their header and midpipe combo...I personally feel that with the stock exhaust it sounds better but I will continue to use the Strup for the added performance gains...

Once again, thank you to Johnny and the staff at RPM...You guys do incredible work and I can see future products from you guys...turbo (hint hint) :)

xDizzle
09-28-2011, 06:26 AM
Nice post a video lol

ThisorThatxD
09-28-2011, 09:44 AM
Nice post a video lol

they already did and then some lol.

http://s1081.photobucket.com/albums/j346/RPM427/SCION%20XD%20PROJECT/

ScionNutt
09-29-2011, 07:41 AM
Morning! Please check out the following link for pricing info on the new Scion xD full length header and midpipe project that we have completed. Again, HUGE thanks to YELOSUB and everyone else that helped us put this together......big love from the entire RPM team!

http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/showthread.php?t=393311

Johnny Redline
RPM
www.rpmheaders.com
480-390-2927

CXTKRS1
09-29-2011, 11:58 AM
Midpipe only (no cat or resonator): $180

I'm not gonna lie that caught my eye (didn't intend to rhyme). This plus an axle back would give someone some decent gains without having to mess with removing the manifold.

Resolve
09-29-2011, 03:25 PM
Now Just questions. because havent been following super closely just snippets waiting for final product.

OK so midpipe alone, just using stock everything else would be $180?

But if I want Headers from you, I have to get mid pipe as well and looking at $555 + shipping.

If I get headers and mid pipe do I need a new cat and resonator or will it still work with stock parts?

Also are the mid pipe or midpipe headercombo throwing any codes

ScionNutt
09-29-2011, 07:51 PM
We make a midpipe that bolts to your factory exhaust manifold or if you already have a shorty style header like the weapon r. We also make a midpipe that fits to our long tube header. Both midpipes can be made in the configuration of your choice (with cat, without cat, with resonator without resonator) If you order without a cat (off road use only) we do put a cel elimator on the pipe to help keep the check engine light off. Midpipes will bolt up to your factory axle back muffler and aftermarket axle back mufflers.

Here is the price break down with different options.

Header: $375
RPM/Stock Style Midpipe only (no cat or resonator): $180
RPM/Stock Style Midpipe with cat only: $300
RPM/Stock Style Midpipe with resonator only: $230
RPM/Stock Style Midpipe with cat and resonator: $350
*Shipping and handling is NOT included and will vary by location based upon our Arizona "ship from" location.

If you have any other questions please feel free to call the shop 480-390-2927

Johnny
RPM

Now Just questions. because havent been following super closely just snippets waiting for final product.

OK so midpipe alone, just using stock everything else would be $180?

But if I want Headers from you, I have to get mid pipe as well and looking at $555 + shipping.

If I get headers and mid pipe do I need a new cat and resonator or will it still work with stock parts?

Also are the mid pipe or midpipe headercombo throwing any codes

Resolve
09-30-2011, 11:31 AM
I am going to have to wait and see. I want the Mid pipe but I also want the header. But there is no way I can afford both now. and I don't want to get the mid pipe now just to have to turn around and get a new one later if I get your headers.

YELOSUB
09-30-2011, 12:03 PM
I believe the midpipe bolts up to the stock header also...I would call Johnny if I was you to confirm this...If that's the case, get midpipe now and header later...

Resolve
09-30-2011, 03:57 PM
Their headers are longer than stock. Therefore if you get the header you need to get a custom midpipe or thier mid pipe. If that is the case A midpipe made to bolt up to the stock header wouldn't fit their full lenght headers, due to the difference in lengths. Plus also states they make Midpipes for stock and midpipes for their headers. So two different setups.

Well maybe I could get it to fit if I delete the cat and resonator? Then it would just move the mid pipe back further. Would this be possible ScionNutt? I haven't been under the car like you have so I don't know all the room and stuff under there.

xd_kidd
09-30-2011, 04:50 PM
Can't wait till ii get mines.. have to wait till ii get paid next week tho =p

Whack-A-Mole
10-02-2011, 02:27 AM
I am curious. Is the piping running from either the cat or resonator (depending on which configuration you buy) is it one continuous piece of mandrel bent pipe or is it welded sections for each bend?

ScionNutt
10-03-2011, 12:06 PM
I am working on the bend layout program so we can eliminate some welds but as of now they are mandrel bent 2 1/4 bends cut and welded in our fixture. Every section is cut then flat sanded and cleaned up for a perfect fit and then tig wedled. There will not be any flow restrictions inside the pipe.

Johnny
RPM

I am curious. Is the piping running from either the cat or resonator (depending on which configuration you buy) is it one continuous piece of mandrel bent pipe or is it welded sections for each bend?

XDevolution
10-08-2011, 02:01 PM
when is the group buy for the mid pipe happening because im eager to purchase one.

xd_kidd
10-08-2011, 02:32 PM
I'm waiting on mines now :p .. hopefully its install before the event. Prolly take a vid or 2

YELOSUB
10-09-2011, 11:40 AM
I'm waiting on mines now :p .. hopefully its install before the event. Prolly take a vid or 2

Awesome...

Whack-A-Mole
10-15-2011, 02:17 AM
I'll title this as magic mid pipe.
After I bought my header I got a mid pipe made at my local Midas, and was not happy with the results. I could have taken it back and pulled teeth to fix a couple of things wrong with it, but didn't want to be bothered with it. The guy behind the counter kept building up to charge me more money, and the mechanic was honest but was missing the majority of his front teeth and was in his early 20s. So my complaints were they didn't use my mandrel bent pipe; they didn't install my resonator; one crush bent pipe had a couple of quarter size dents in it; my muffler was angled down and to the left; the whole setup rattled like a mad man with a cow bell; when they extended the o2 wire they didn't insalate it. The kid looked real proud of his work, and it took most of the day. I was quoted 4 hours install time, but the kid told me he was pulled off several times to work on other jobs. The man behind the came up to me directly after that. He was smiling, shaking his head, and looking at the ground when said " Welp, this job took longer than we expected". I quickly shut him down with "your mechanic just told me he has been pulled off this job several times." when he walks off I notice/ask the mechanic if the pipes are crush bent, they were. It was time for them to close at 6pm, so I go inside to settle the bill as they try to finish up, and the guy starts trying to build up again when I snap a little bit and we understand each other. $400 to install the header and custom make a mid pipe. As I try to leave they find that they left the keys in the ignition and the acc on. So my car was dead. With a quick push my car "rattled" back to life. The kid mechanic looked at me and said "you can bring it back tomorrow if it knocks or rattles." I just told him I won't be back with all my certainty. I rattled loudly down the road to my house when my CEL popped on. I was tired and needed to take a nap before work. So that's the back story.

Now the magical mid pipe. After hearing RPM was making a mid pipe for our through fitment on Yelosub's car I knew I had to get it. I got it in the mail, and got it installed through a recommended shop quickly without a problem. It now doesn't rattle, and I got it fit to the stock muffler until I get time to work on the axle back. The next part doesn't make sense to me, my CEL turned off on the way home. I thought the ecu would have to be reset. That's why I call it the magical mid pipe. Here's some pics of the mid pipe starting with one of the core of the cat.http://i767.photobucket.com/albums/xx312/natofrombombato/b4f8207a.jpg
http://i767.photobucket.com/albums/xx312/natofrombombato/67c30fce.jpg
Here's a pic showing the oem muffler bolted to the mid pipe. It fit like a glove.
http://i767.photobucket.com/albums/xx312/natofrombombato/6f513a40.jpg

YELOSUB
10-17-2011, 08:47 PM
Congrat's...Glad you got it installed and all your troubles went away...Don't you just love the header/mid-pipe combo :)

Whack-A-Mole
10-17-2011, 11:34 PM
Yes I do. The point of the story was the hassle, and the with the mid pipe I purchased from RPM fit perfect with less time. No worries. I would have bought the mid pipe when I got the header, but it was not available. Plus I think there was a problem with my stock cat. The reason I say this is because both mid pipes had no resonator, but the rpm mid pipe paired with the stock muffler pulls better from a stop than the Midas mid pipe paired with straight through muffler (vibrant 1145). Mind you the stock muffler pipe is 2" if not smaller and does not flow as well. The rpm mid pipe is 2 1/4 but bolts up to the stock muffler. You can see the size difference in the last pic I posted.

xd_kidd
10-18-2011, 08:31 AM
I decided to take a shot in installing it with my friend before the scion show/drag meet and it did take about 3.5 hrs to installing it if u take away time to find the right bolt numbers and what not. I had a bit of a hard time cause I'm no pro at this. Its a great sound at wot. But don't want to type my full review on my phone but yea I'm getting the rattling at throttle and a knock here and there. I'm assuming its the heat sheild for the rattlying nd idk about the knock so ima have to get another look at it. Any ideas to what it can be?

CXTKRS1
10-18-2011, 10:24 AM
Glad to see all the positive reviews, I will probably pick one up once some hard numbers are posted.

Whack-A-Mole
10-18-2011, 04:42 PM
Xdkidd, I have no idea without seeing it. My mid pipe came in two lengthens of pipe. So there is some adjustability, but not much.

Cxtkrs1, I don't think you'll be getting it. If you would pay for it, I would get it dyno'ed for you, but I also don't have the stock exhaust for a baseline. They dyno'ed the header/mid pipe on the corolla, but they had some issues. The dyno sheet was in mph instead of rpm and the car was overheating on the dyno. They got a graph, but it was not very helpful. If you would like to see it, it's on Toyota nation 10th gen corolla forum thread name with PPE headers. From looking around I don't see dynos for the weapon r or it's clone dc header.

---------- Post added at 05:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:24 PM ----------

Ah, here some of the corolla rpm pics including the not so helpful dyno. http://s1081.photobucket.com/albums/j346/RPM427/

xd_kidd
10-18-2011, 05:36 PM
Yea mines came in two lengths but idk.. might lift it tomorrow and see what's up.. all ii do kno is that its comming from where the hand brak is nd passenger seat

---------- Post added at 06:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:23 PM ----------

Yea mines came in two lengths but idk.. might lift it tomorrow and see what's up.. all ii do kno is that its comming from where the hand brak is nd passenger seat

XDevolution
10-29-2011, 12:58 PM
im seeing that fastscions now offers the rpm mid pipe and header options, but when purchasing the mid pipe with no cats theres a note that says cel eliminator recommended for cat-less options, does this mean we have to purchase the cel eliminator or does rpm still automatically put them on the catLess options?

xd_kidd
10-29-2011, 05:45 PM
so ii found out my prob. the rubber piece that holds the exhaust is ripped off. anyone know where i can buy one?

And wat is it called? Lol

XDevolution
10-29-2011, 10:38 PM
so ii found out my prob. the rubber piece that holds the exhaust is ripped off. anyone know where i can buy one?

And wat is it called? Lol

an exhaust hanger maybe? and you can get one at your local napa auto parts store for like 5 bucks

xd_kidd
10-30-2011, 08:00 AM
Yea that's what the ppl from napa said. But I wld assume the stick part is called the hanger. Surprisingly they don't have it 0_o

XDevolution
10-30-2011, 10:39 AM
Yea that's what the ppl from napa said. But I wld assume the stick part is called the hanger. Surprisingly they don't have it 0_o

well that black piece is called a rubber hanger, the stock ones are real flimsy and too flexible i increased the hanger size (i have a lip kit the oe hanger wouldnt work) and that was def a good investment its very stirdy and solid.

and did u see my post about the fast scions mid pipe? do u think i'll need to by a cel eliminator for the cat-less option? or does rpm still include there own cel eliminator with the kit?

xd_kidd
10-30-2011, 11:31 AM
Where did u get the rubber hanger from? And I wld assume it wld come with the cel eliminator.

XDevolution
10-30-2011, 11:56 AM
i got it from napa, they had only two in stock lol so i took both of them. they were $5 bucks each

ScionNutt
10-31-2011, 01:44 PM
Where did u get the rubber hanger from? And I wld assume it wld come with the cel eliminator.

Howdy Scion Nation! You're correct, we include the cel eliminator with the cat less pipes. Also, a HUGE thanks to the team at FastScions for allowing us the opportunity to partner up with them. They are a first class organization and I would encourage anybody looking for great service to frequent their site.

Thanks all!

RPM

XDevolution
10-31-2011, 08:20 PM
im gonna be buying the mid pipe soon and i know for sure ima go cat-less, but im debating about the resonator now. i dont wanna sound ricey but than again idk how my tanabe exhaust would sound just by itself. can anybody aid me or give me suggestions? the closest thing i could think of was the rally xd exhaust note. they are obviously catless and no resonator with the greddy exhaust. and my medallion touring exhaust is the closest in style and sound to the se elite. but still???

xd_kidd
10-31-2011, 09:26 PM
I'm cat less with res. I'm pretty happy with it. But wouldn't reccomend it if ur doing a lot of hwy. Sound on goes hard at wot. So that's good

XDevolution
11-01-2011, 02:20 PM
ok i'll probably get just the res than. can anyone else put up a video or sound clip i just wanna see what the complete exhaust sounds like with different axlebacks.

CXTKRS1
11-26-2011, 03:13 AM
I'm kinda surprised to see so many people going cat less.

XDevolution
11-26-2011, 04:21 PM
I'm kinda surprised to see so many people going cat less.

well i spoke to one of the guys from my nj chapter in scikotics who has this done and he says its amazing. he has the catless option with a res and he said he has had no problems. the cel makes sure everythin is in check with the ecu and he doesnt have extreme carbon build up at the exhaust tip either. for him gas milage has improved, overall very good mod.

xd_kidd
11-26-2011, 06:40 PM
I went cat-less cause ii wants a dog lol

But yea I'm running cat_less with res with trd axle back. It sounds really mean. I love it but wouldn't reccommend it if you do a lot of hwy. I do 12-15miles hwy one way to work. And ii would try to keep it low. Going above 60mpg starts to get alil too loud for me. But being 70% city 30%hwy. Its not bad

YELOSUB
11-27-2011, 05:57 PM
I will admit, it's loud and mean...It's even louder for me with the ragtop :) But I just turn up the radio and I'm good...Throttle response is amazing and the xD grew a set of balls...