PDA

View Full Version : On order: Carbon Fiber dash trim

Vengeful Squid
08-26-2011, 10:35 AM
Orderered CF trim from carid.com a week ago. Hopefully the quality is good. I believe i got the 24-piece kit. didn't want to shell out $200+ for the 42 piece one.

anyone got any pics if they have cf trim?

also got a suede dash mat to keep the lint and scratches off the dash.:)

1sweetxd
08-26-2011, 12:04 PM
havent ever seen the CF kit on the xd. they look pretty good in the xb's and tc's. if you're a fan of CF. not particularly my cup of tea but it does look good on some cars. i decided to pass all the CF and other kits. i just took my interior pieces and had em painted. figured id try to make my car stand out even more

simmons0613
08-26-2011, 12:34 PM
what is it exactly? A sticker?

Whack-A-Mole
08-26-2011, 01:55 PM

Probably is, but that's how they've been doing it for years. My 96 camry had wood grain dash panels, but it was just a plastic sticker from the factory. It should look fine though.

CXTKRS1
08-28-2011, 11:38 AM
Make sure to post some pics up when the work is done. I would love to install some cf overlays with white woven onto the pattern.

Vengeful Squid
08-29-2011, 11:22 AM

not a sticker. i believe they are adhesive 3M plasticky stuff.

Make sure to post some pics up when the work is done. I would love to install some cf overlays with white woven onto the pattern.

i'll try to post pics when installed, etc. check out carid.com, i know they have the silver carbon fiber option available.

Vengeful Squid
09-18-2011, 10:05 AM
k got it installed but sorry no pics yet. I didn't install the pieces that to me would look dumb: the air vent pieces, and the trim around the shifter (automatic). also i left out the stereo section until i have an aftermarket system installed to avoid any prying/chipping damage.

first impressions: the fit is NOT exactly perfect. a heat gun had to be used to stretch stuff out or mold it around the USB/ipod outlet section. also, i was a bit disappointed that the long trim pieces on the door (surrounding the door locks did not cover the entire section----the side section is left exposed (again, sorry no pics; maybe later).

Still, the carbon fiber looks great, and I can't complain too much because it's the only kit i know of out there for the XD (carid.com, i believe $115). I would recommend this product to other people. also i had no problems with the transaction or shipping with carid.com. hope this helps.