PDA

View Full Version : Helo HE845?

CWB211
08-27-2011, 10:24 AM
Hey guys,

I'm looking into getting a new set of wheels soon and I've ran into a bit of trouble trying to decide on what wheels I want. The original wheels I wanted were Momo Corse RPM but they are now discontinued so I had to look around for something else I liked. Now I've found a few wheels similar to them from Konig and Maxxim, both of which I know are reputable companies, but then I found the Helo HE845, which I've never really heard much about Helo.

I've tried searching for reviews almost everywhere online and this has to be the one wheel company that has almost zero reviews out there... which I find very odd and almost tempts me not to buy the wheel based on that fact alone. I know they are made in China, but thats it. But before I draw any conclusions I would like to know if anyone out there has ever had a set of wheels for Helo or know anything about them.

Thanks.

1sweetxd
09-02-2011, 02:40 PM
never had any myself personally and don't know anyone who has them on an XD....But, i have had several friends in the past who have had Helo wheels on their rides. granted they were mostly trucks that the wheels were on, but they were still Helo's. from what i know, its a good wheel. i've never heard anyone bad mouth them or anything like that. i say if you found a good deal on some and the brand name was the only thing holding you back, then go ahead and get them. i'd get them if i found a good deal.

Hell, my wheels are Akuza. i had never heard of this brand either. but, i found a good deal and went for it. couldn't be happier.

plus, nobody knows the brand of wheel you have when you're rolling down the street anyways. lol.

.....my 2 cents.....

YELOSUB
09-02-2011, 05:36 PM
What he said...

CWB211
09-02-2011, 08:38 PM
Yeah, I have a few routes I'm taking as far as my wheel search goes. The wheels of your car is the one part I think really makes a statement since there are so many choices out there to pick from.

I've been obsessing over what wheels to go with for the past week or so and I think I'm just over-thinking the whole process. Trying to factor in style, weight, price, quality... all makes it hard to pick a "perfect" wheel, so I'm just going to go with what I like really. I'll probably purchase something this weekend since a few places have some Labor Day specials going on if I remember correctly.

Probably something from DiscountTireDirect or TireRack. Thanks for the replies though guys.