PDA

View Full Version : Wax/sealant I found in the glove box.

CXTKRS1
08-04-2009, 04:06 PM
Looking to add my first coat of wax to my new car and I found this bottle in my glove box.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v486/LoudLT1Z28Vert/026fixed-1.jpg

I'm sure it is just a rebottled brand but I was wondering has anyone used this stuff before (seems all the local dealers sell it)? Just wondering if I'm better off using this or just stick with the Meguiars I already have.

SciFion
08-04-2009, 04:24 PM
If it was put in the glove box by the dealer it is probably OK. I've never seen that before so I can't comment on it's performance. But McGuiars is a fairly respected product. Getting wax etc. on the paint surface will definately help preserve the finish. If a seagull craps on your car with no wax protection, it will begin to etch your paint very quickly. :boxed:

Resolve
08-04-2009, 09:22 PM
Did you have the Toyota Toyo Guard Protection added to your maintence plan when you purchased the vehicle. When I got my first Scion I had this and they gave me a bottle of the Toyo Guard clear coat sealent and it basically replenished your clear coat. I think I was supposed to use it like every 6 months or something. It was like using a wax but it replenished the clear coat or sopmething like that. I can't remember right off hand

xDevint
08-21-2009, 06:57 PM
I got the Toyo Gard stuff and hadnt used it yet.