PDA

View Full Version : Grip Machine!!!

XDevolution
10-19-2011, 09:29 PM
My most recent purchases have been all the megan racing lower support bars plus a nice set of sticky yokohama high performance tires :) this combo should improve my lateral g's and overall handling. I've checked on yaris forums about the bars and ppl have alot of positive reviews. One guys even recommends them for autocross usage (with combo of sway bar and strut bar aswell) so hopefully theyll both be in and installed. i'll put up a review as well stating any noticable differences in handling.

Whack-A-Mole
10-20-2011, 12:02 AM
Nice man!

XDevolution
10-20-2011, 11:35 AM
I'll be getting the trd swaw bar when i have more cash, and the dc strut bars when there ever released.

TheJonas53
10-20-2011, 12:12 PM
Post some pictures when you get this installed.

CXTKRS1
10-20-2011, 05:37 PM
Sounds like a fun ride.

XDevolution
10-23-2011, 10:32 AM
here are the installed pics. I didnt put the tires on yet just the bars. but there is such a big difference in handling. body roll has decreased a substantial amount. i can make turns on side streets at 40 mph with all four tires on the ground. the support bars are definetly a great addition to assist with handling. I can only imagen how the car would feel with the new tires and the strut and sway bar. i say a bang for your buck deal.

Whack-A-Mole
10-23-2011, 07:32 PM
GTspec makes braces for the Yaris that would probably fit the XD.
http://www.gtspec.com/catalog/products-car/toyota/2006-yaris-hatchback

If you live near 81 E. Jefryn Blvd Deer Park NY 11729, which is their contact info address, maybe you could talk them into test fitting their braces in exchange cutting you a deal on them? After all it would confirm a larger product range fitment for them!

xd_kidd
10-23-2011, 08:52 PM
looks good. ii would soo scrape that under brace tho lol

XDevolution
10-24-2011, 02:10 AM
they already fit our car, i went to a meet the other day and i talked to a fellow xd owner who had all the yaris gt spec underbracing. they even make trunk bracing too, that connects the c pillars to where a "room bar" would go. almost like a small roll cage. but that requires gutting out the whole rear of the car including rear seats.

XDevolution
10-24-2011, 07:28 PM
i finally got the yokohamas on.......woooo unbelievable my ride is so much better with these tires. acceleration seems to pick up better, lateral acceleration is better, cornering stability is greater and steering response is insane. understeer seems to have been greatly reduced. i feel like slightest turn of the wheel makes the car sail in that direction. great tires def looking forward to more suspension mods.