PDA

View Full Version : xD on TRD Springs

alecnuhval
11-09-2011, 11:49 AM
Can anyone post a picture of their xD dropped on TRD springs with 16 inch wheels?

mcbrew
11-09-2011, 02:32 PM
Can anyone post a picture of their xD dropped on TRD springs with 16 inch wheels?

TRD springs and shocks/struts.

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b91/jmcbrew/Scion/xDsmall.jpg

XDevolution
11-09-2011, 05:04 PM
my RS1 on TRD's. It sits really nice without worry of rubbing

JDMJim
11-09-2011, 06:17 PM
what's funny is the RS1 sits lower than my normal xD on the same suspaension....Or sp we think

jester4666
11-09-2011, 06:54 PM
i have trds...but mine is sitting on 18s.

CWB211
11-09-2011, 10:49 PM
Yeah, Im on df210 with 17" wheels and the rs1 on trd with 16" looks like its the same... God I love the rs1.

XDevolution
11-10-2011, 12:56 AM
thanks for the comments guys lol the only reason it appears to sit lower is cus of the lip kit. my tires are also a size up from stock (205/55/16) so it fills the gap alil better making it appear lower.

alecnuhval
11-10-2011, 11:06 AM
that sits reaaallly good actually. im planning to get trd springs which is why i wanted to take a look at how it is on another xD.
how's the handling?

JDMJim
11-10-2011, 11:35 AM
We had a RS1 here for a bit and we parked side by side on stockies, RS1 was lower at the top of the wheel well

XDevolution
11-10-2011, 01:40 PM
well the handling is good, i mean i wouldnt know the difference between stock height handling as oppose to dropped height handling cus my RS1 came with the springs installed. but the handling is nice, with wider tires and lower bracing support its even better.

Resolve
11-10-2011, 06:23 PM
We had a RS1 here for a bit and we parked side by side on stockies, RS1 was lower at the top of the wheel wellHow much lower?

If minimal could be any number of things. If major difference, then possible only a few reasons.

JDMJim
11-11-2011, 06:06 PM
at least an 3/4 of an inch

CXTKRS1
11-11-2011, 09:07 PM
I really like the TRD springs, it is like the perfect drop since the chance of scraping is virtually nonexistent.

1sweetxd
11-12-2011, 10:43 AM
when i bought my car, i had the TRD springs put on. gave a good mild drop even with my car being on 18's. the springs rode great and i had no problems with them. the only thing i couldn't stand was the wheel well gap. an inch looks like a mile to me!

so, i then replaced my TRDs with the Tein S-Techs. the drop for me is awesome and right on top of the tires. actually, tuck a small bit of tire. the only thing i would recommend for the S-Techs, is to make sure you slow down your driving and avoid road bumps. i am running stock suspension components other than the springs. almost all of my travel on my suspension has been eliminated. lol. any movement down more than an inch or so and im bottoming out. my inner fender well liners are basically non-existant now due to rubbing.

so i guess, in closing....springs are obviously a personal choice. first decide how low you actually wanna go, and then decide if your roads and your driving style will allow for you to get around being that low.

ThisorThatxD
11-12-2011, 11:25 PM
when i bought my car, i had the TRD springs put on. gave a good mild drop even with my car being on 18's. the springs rode great and i had no problems with them. the only thing i couldn't stand was the wheel well gap. an inch looks like a mile to me!

so, i then replaced my TRDs with the Tein S-Techs. the drop for me is awesome and right on top of the tires. actually, tuck a small bit of tire. the only thing i would recommend for the S-Techs, is to make sure you slow down your driving and avoid road bumps. i am running stock suspension components other than the springs. almost all of my travel on my suspension has been eliminated. lol. any movement down more than an inch or so and im bottoming out. my inner fender well liners are basically non-existant now due to rubbing.

so i guess, in closing....springs are obviously a personal choice. first decide how low you actually wanna go, and then decide if your roads and your driving style will allow for you to get around being that low.

you must have some fat tires on the 18's for it to be rubbing so much lol. im on s-techs too but on 17's and ill scrape before my tires start rubbing.

jester4666
11-13-2011, 09:30 AM

i'd love to go s-techs on my rs1, but the roads i drive on are way too rough to go any lower than the trds.

JDMJim
11-13-2011, 11:22 AM
[QUOTE=1sweetxd;12543] the only thing i would recommend for the S-Techs, is to make sure you slow down your driving and avoid road bumps. i am running stock suspension components other than the springs. almost all of my travel on my suspension has been eliminated. QUOTE]

hence the reason for installing new shocks. Well, you will be soon anyway. may as well get the Tein shocks/struts to go with the springs. It will ride better

ThisorThatxD
11-14-2011, 07:48 AM
that or upgrade to coilovers like me, lol. ive been on the s-tech/stock combo for awhile now..

1sweetxd
11-21-2011, 06:05 PM
you must have some fat tires on the 18's for it to be rubbing so much lol. im on s-techs too but on 17's and ill scrape before my tires start rubbing.

no fat tires here. 225-40 Falkens

not sure if they made some adjustments on the suspension for 2011, but my fender liners are basicall non existant at this point. rubbed them out and off really quick. i only hit the road or scrape if im going through a dip or drive way.

im actually looking to change out my wheels. prolly 16 or 17 inch; with a lip. that way i can possibly go a lil lower without scraping. :)

ThisorThatxD
11-21-2011, 08:23 PM
im going down to 16 myself. big plans for next year ;)

possibly they made some changes but still, odd.

jester4666
11-22-2011, 09:50 AM
i'm sticking with my 18s. i don't have any rub issues at all.

macko_macko
01-17-2012, 04:48 PM
I just installed the TRD springs on my XD and it sits really well without getting scratch by the road. I'm not going for a too low ride cause Puerto Rico has some bumpy road, so im ok on how does it look right now. You can see some pics on my post "My new Scion". I'm on stock 16" alloy rims.

jester4666
03-25-2012, 03:00 PM
i lied. i got 16x7 wheels on it now.

http://i745.photobucket.com/albums/xx94/focust_2009/2012-03-06111732.jpg