PDA

View Full Version : 2011 xD limited edition

kniteGTI
12-10-2011, 08:42 PM
I'm currently in the market for another car. I just picked up a 2012 VW GTI autobahn, and I need another car, which is for primarily the other drivers in my house.

Before picking up the GTI I was considering waiting for the 2012 3 series, however I can't stand the look for the money I'd be laying down on that. I was still considering a BMW maybe a month ago, but things have changed. I decided to just pocket the money right now and save it for my first home.

Now I decided to be a little bit more practical (and cheap) by looking into the xD. I love the flexibility of hatchs, from my experience with the GTI, but want an even smaller car so I can fit in those SF parking spots that my GTI has problems with right now.

I considered the Yaris, and Fit. However, I didn't like how the Yaris rode, and the Fit was a little bit impractical for the price to me. This car is mainly for my mom too, but I'll be paying for it. She can't decide between all three.

I was wondering for those who own a xD, if it's a viable option vs the other contenders in its price range. Thoughts?

Also, any pricing information would be helpful. Thanks!

XDevolution
12-10-2011, 11:50 PM
I love my XD. So ide say pick the XD over the yaris and fit. gas milage is great and its been rated #1 i think for the past 2 years for safety. Its also in top ten cars for ppl aged 18-25. there have been a few problematic cases (like alternators and water pumps prematurely blowing) but other than that its pretty much a very a good car and unlike the fit the XD comes with more standard features that typically you would have to pay for on a fit. and IDK what ur title implies but there are very few limited edition XD's out there. Scion has RS models which is a once a year thing. its just taking a scion model, givin it a custom paint job, addidng sum special extra features, and slapping a limited edition "RS" badge. when they make an RS model they usually only make a limited amount i.e. 1500-2000 usually.

CXTKRS1
12-11-2011, 07:53 PM
Their are other contenders to look at such as the new Soul, Fiesta, and Veloster. The xD's are nice but being stuck with a 4 speed auto/5 speed manual in this day in age is a joke.

mcbrew
12-11-2011, 09:42 PM
The xD does not have nearly the level of refinement that a Golf or a 3 series has. I traded in a Golf for the xD, so you can see where I'm coming from. It is largely based on the Yaris, although it does have a larger engine.

I don't know the current situation, but my mom bought a Nissan Cube last year for 14,000 fully loaded, zero % interest. At that price, it has the CVT trans, automatic climate control, and more.

Resolve
12-12-2011, 09:33 AM
Scion would good for you Mom to drive but I agree there are a couple other vehicles in the prices range that may be a little better as far as price versus options. But between xD, yaris and Fit, I would go with Scion or Yaris. Only becuase I like the Yaris look. More so the Sedan Yaris. I have never driven on. But ride isn't really an issue with me like it is with others.

kniteGTI
12-20-2011, 05:53 PM
Thanks for the input guys. I picked up the 2012 Limited edition in Blizzard Pearl.

The only thing I wish it had was the LCD display for the audio. It's not a deal breaker though, can always get one to replace the base audio system. I'm happy with the decision, but my wallet disagrees... 2 cars in 3 months.

xd king
12-20-2011, 07:43 PM
congrats and welocome to the xd family if you ever have any questions or need anything just ask we're friendly around here

robbiej
12-20-2011, 11:51 PM
Congrats on the new cars. I love the Blizzard Pearl.

ThisorThatxD
12-21-2011, 10:32 AM
congrats and welcome to the xD community.