PDA

View Full Version : ABS light on.

ThisorThatxD
03-26-2012, 08:18 AM
k so the situation is that after putting my new wheels on (with no tpms sensors), my abs light has been on ever since. yesterday i went to adjust the coils and found my buddy had forgot to bolt my brake/abs lines back on.......

this is all in the span of a week. a visual check of the lines shows no damage (luckily). the fuse is good too. so am i missing something to make the light go off? maybe i need to find the sensor to see if its alright too? if so where is it at? thanks for any help guys.

Pittshark
03-26-2012, 09:53 AM
I don't know the exact answer to your question, but I know something minor is going on with mine as well. During the winter, I had one day where it was real slushy out and the ABS kicked a couple times, and the second time the light came on and stayed for awhile, eventually going out. Ever since (about 2 months or so), it will randomly come on and eventually go back off. Actually, just on Saturday, I started the car only to find both the ABS light and the BRAKE light both on. Stayed on for about a half hour, stopped somewhere, started the car again, lights still on, then about 10 minutes later both went off and haven't been back on. I don't know...probably a sensor issue, but as long as it's not causing any real problems I'm not terribly worried about it.

ThisorThatxD
03-26-2012, 10:14 AM
i still drive with no issues. the problem is i have safety inspections and they (most likely) will not pass it with the light on.

1sweetxd
03-26-2012, 01:41 PM
your light will stay on as long as you dont have the tpms on your car. i had mine put on my 18s when i got my car. anytime i take them off and put my stocks on, my light comes on and stays on the same time. when i put my 18s back on, light goes out. from what i know the only way to make that light go off is to be riding with tires that have your sensors in them. and if they arent the ones that came with the car, i believe they have to be programmed to your car.

the stock tires came with the sensors in them. and a side note, sometimes when it is really cold outside, my ligth will come on. but will go out eventually.

ThisorThatxD
03-26-2012, 01:52 PM
ah ok. i can confirm that if you have sensors from a different xD, the tpms wont work, but the ABS light will stay off. weird but thats my experience. i traded for steelies from another guy and just the tpms was on. now that and ABS are. ill have to think of a reason to haul them on inspection day lol. or cover it with tape and hope they arent wiser. thx bro.

1sweetxd
03-26-2012, 01:56 PM
and i also know, because it just happened to me. but my engine light just came on. went to autozone and apparently my MAF is dirty. it may have something to do with the intake i made, but the codes said it was either that or my air filter is dirty. the odd thing is that the traction control light came on with the engine light. a buddy of mine told me that it is a toyota thing to do that. possibly try unhooking your battery for about 5 minutes and reset your ECU to see if it clears any of the lights. and i didnt think just because you have lights on, that it wont pass inspection. maybe it wont

ThisorThatxD
03-26-2012, 02:00 PM
VA is a pain like that. im not 100% but i dont wanna hassle with failures. plus i wanted to make sure i wasnt going to suddenly lose my brakes lol.

if the filter is oiled then that can lead to your dirty MAF. if its old then possibly both. glad i have a dry filter on the end of my injen. the battery is a last resort. i hate reprogramming my radio to sound good.

Resolve
03-26-2012, 02:24 PM
That's odd. Is it securely connected? Was it ever disconnected? If so, why was it disconnected? Also when putting coils on you may have unknowingly damaged wire inside.

The ABS shouldn't be on just because the TPMS is no longer there. I have been without my TPMS forever and I have no ABS light on. Might want to take it to the dealer and let them check it. If you do the reset and it doesn't work that would be your only bet. Since it was disconnected error may need to be cleared from memory.

Your brakes will work, but if there is a problem with sensor or wire the ABS may not work.

As for the TRAC CONTROL and CEL both coming on that is normal. The first gen xB triggers CEL, TRAC CONTROL, and VSC

ThisorThatxD
03-26-2012, 02:29 PM
That's odd. Is it securely connected? Was it ever disconnected? If so, why was it disconnected? Also when putting coils on you may have unknowingly damaged wire inside.

The ABS shouldn't be on just because the TPMS is no longer there. I have been without my TPMS forever and I have no ABS light on. Might want to take it to the dealer and let them check it. If you do the reset and it doesn't work that would be your only bet. Since it was disconnected error may need to be cleared from memory.

Your brakes will work, but if there is a problem with sensor or wire the ABS may not work.

As for the TRAC CONTROL and CEL both coming on that is normal. The first gen xB triggers CEL, TRAC CONTROL, and VSC

hmm. ill probably reset it before anything else. if no luck than off to the dealer. my buddy will be getting the bill......

maggiesings
04-04-2012, 08:46 AM
The first (and only) day it snowed in suburban Boston this year, my ABS, VSC, and Brake lights on my xD all came on and stayed on. Took the car to the dealer who told me it had a C0210 sensor reading and that my right wheel speed sensor circuit needed replacement - $800. I deferred on the repair since I really didn't have the money at the time. Two weeks later, after a week of 70-degree plus weather, the lights went off. They stayed off until last week, when we had a rainy, cold day - they came on again. We're supposed to have sunny, warm weather this week, so I am expecting the lights to go off again by next Monday. So what is the real problem here? Maybe they shouldn't sell this car in MA or other colder climates?

Resolve
04-04-2012, 11:13 AM
^^^ your issue sounds like the sensor isn't sealed very well and the moisture is getting in there and messing it up and then when it dries out it reads fine. If goes out again I would go to the dealer and let them know what is happening.

It triggered faulty when it was snowing, then it went out when weather cleared, then with heavy rains it triggered faulty, and then whenthe weather cleared up the codes went away. Then ask them if the can check to make sure it is sealed correctly. Are you still under warrenty. If so it shouldn't cost you anything for them just to check it.

---------- Post added at 12:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:11 PM ----------

hmm. ill probably reset it before anything else. if no luck than off to the dealer. my buddy will be getting the bill......Reset and see what happens. only thing I can think is when doing suspension it some how got messed up on the wire.