PDA

View Full Version : Clutch adjustment

rbcooper
10-14-2012, 03:41 PM
New owner of a cpo 2008 xD with manual trans. On the test drive I didn't notice this much but in the limited driving since, I've noticed the clutch engages/disengages almost at the floor boards. I've driven standard shift cars all of my adult life and this situation is annoying to say the least. I have two questions:

1) Is this indicative of extreme clutch wear?

2) Can this be fixed by some adjustment or is this just the nature of the beast?

Thanks for any and all help you might be able to provide.

RB Cooper

xd_kidd
10-14-2012, 03:49 PM
Every car is dif.

So ima have to say no nd yes

Get a m3 .. it engages on the tap of the clutch lol

rbcooper
10-14-2012, 11:04 PM
Thanks for the reply. I understand that ALL cars are a bit different. I've driven everything from an old Nash rambler, through various versions of VW, up to and including MGB, Triumph TR4 and 6, and lately a Mazda Miata. any and all of these cars all had the engagement/disengagement point well off the floor boards. It just makes the car easier to drive. I suppose one could get used to this but if it is adjustable then I'm in. Couldn't really tell from your response IF you believe I have any hope here. I understand you believe this is NOT an indication of clutch wear, but it might be associated with a master or slave cylender problem, no?

RB Cooper

xd_kidd
10-15-2012, 02:39 PM
I hightly doubt it. My D has always been that way since 6miles till now. Unless I can get another opinion. Btw not many manual owners here.

rbcooper
10-16-2012, 10:05 AM
OK. Thanks for the info. Guess I'll just have to get used to it.

RB Cooper

cubanoloko
02-19-2013, 07:28 PM
Manual owner here, i bought my xD with 12 miles, and every since i bought it, it has always engaged at the bottom...im at 20k miles now.

scionwithbass
02-25-2013, 10:05 PM
Mine does the same, I hate it. I have a manual, so I can roast my tires. When its wet.