PDA

View Full Version : Epic Fail

TheLittleDeviant
08-17-2009, 10:40 AM
So my sisters boyfriend thought he would be cool last night and drive my sisters Audi A4 for the night...
So I am following him back to their new apartment and on the highway he decides to run over a pile of debris on the highway instead of avoiding it...
He kicked up a huge metal rod in the road, and where do you think it it went?

This is the aftermath to his stupidity...:emotions122:

http://i606.photobucket.com/albums/tt149/WellesleyScion/Damaged%20Front/Unitedforacure053.jpg
http://i606.photobucket.com/albums/tt149/WellesleyScion/Damaged%20Front/Unitedforacure054.jpg

and I thought some of you guys might get a kick out of this:
http://i606.photobucket.com/albums/tt149/WellesleyScion/Damaged%20Front/Unitedforacure055.jpg

ibeDAMD
08-17-2009, 12:25 PM
oh no =[ that sucks!

TheLittleDeviant
08-17-2009, 12:46 PM
On the bright side, its only missing paint, there is no damage to the bumper that needs repairing, it just needs to be sanded down and repainted...

CXTKRS1
08-17-2009, 07:03 PM
What is the symbol on the front of your Scion?

Luc1f3r
08-17-2009, 07:11 PM
the iSt badge.

and doesnt look bad, just make him pay for it. :)

CXTKRS1
08-17-2009, 07:11 PM
Never mind found out myself, JDM.

mcbrew
08-18-2009, 07:54 AM
Wow... I wouldn't think of making someone pay for road debris hitting my car... unless it was something that fell off a truck in front of me or something like that. I mean, it's not like he was thinking, "hey, I think I'll drive over that piece of metal and kick it up into my girlfriend's brother's car behind me, that'll be awesome!" Right?

TheLittleDeviant
08-18-2009, 08:54 AM
^^ all I was looking for from him was an apology for his carelessness... didnt even get that...

He doesnt have 2 pennies to rub together... my sister could pay for an entirely new kit painted and installed in cash, but I would never ask her to pay for it... it wasnt intentional, just a stupid mistake... besides I dont need it fixed with what I have planned for the car...

mcbrew
08-18-2009, 12:47 PM
Funny story: I used to work at a salvage yard (back in the early 90s). We dealt with select imported cars. I had two guys come in who were good friends. One of them drove a 300ZX and the other drove a Toyota of some sort. The guy with the 300ZX needed a T-top for his car and was also buying a windshield for his buddy's Toyota. Wanna guess what happened?

YELOSUB
08-19-2009, 12:07 AM
That sucks, but could have been much worse...

TheLittleDeviant
08-19-2009, 09:49 AM
Funny story: I used to work at a salvage yard (back in the early 90s). We dealt with select imported cars. I had two guys come in who were good friends. One of them drove a 300ZX and the other drove a Toyota of some sort. The guy with the 300ZX needed a T-top for his car and was also buying a windshield for his buddy's Toyota. Wanna guess what happened?

Now that is a story :laughing1:

xDevint
08-21-2009, 06:55 PM
A little rubbing compound will take that out.:laughing1: It suxs that happend.

bobolinko
09-28-2009, 03:10 PM
Sometimes Following a car TOO CLOSELY causes one to run into debris kicked up by the car in front. Stay behind by 2 seconds for every 10 MPH you're travelling and you'll have enough reaction time to avoid such mishaps, and no one gets hurt or has to suffer any losses. Too late now, but hard lesson learned for all of us. Good Thing nobody got hurt by that steel rod flying !!!

TheLittleDeviant
09-29-2009, 08:39 AM
Sometimes Following a car TOO CLOSELY causes one to run into debris kicked up by the car in front. Stay behind by 2 seconds for every 10 MPH you're travelling and you'll have enough reaction time to avoid such mishaps, and no one gets hurt or has to suffer any losses. Too late now, but hard lesson learned for all of us. Good Thing nobody got hurt by that steel rod flying !!!

I was further away than that, if I was as close as your saying (10 seconds behind him) the rod would have been through my windshield... The issue was that he saw the debris and chose not to avoid it, while I couldnt see through the Audi to see debris in the road in order to anticipate anything flying up...

BTW, I was able to do some of my own repairs to the bumper, Its currently in primer, hopefully will have paint on it soon...

mcbrew
09-29-2009, 09:21 AM
A lot of people misjudge time and distance... just to clarify, 10 seconds at 50 MPH is roughly two and a half football fields.

xDizzle
09-29-2009, 02:29 PM
damn i would beat his ass lol..but atleast it wasnt bad and u got it some wat almost as good as new

misformartin
09-29-2009, 07:25 PM
the iSt badge.

and doesnt look bad, just make him pay for it. :)

actually its the nets badge

TheLittleDeviant
09-30-2009, 08:11 AM
actually its the nets badge

Nets badge that comes on the Toyota IST, so technically your both right...

bobolinko
09-30-2009, 03:12 PM
I was further away than that, if I was as close as your saying (10 seconds behind him) the rod would have been through my windshield... The issue was that he saw the debris and chose not to avoid it, while I couldnt see through the Audi to see debris in the road in order to anticipate anything flying up...

BTW, I was able to do some of my own repairs to the bumper, Its currently in primer, hopefully will have paint on it soon...

Awlright !!

Best part about the whole thing is YOU NEVER GOT HURT.
paint and plastic is easy to fix, but Life is prescious, and not replaceable when gone.