PDA

View Full Version : still dirty

xd_kidd
10-02-2009, 02:41 PM
I keep washing my car but could never get the little dirt specs off my fender/front door areas. I dont want to pick it off cause it scratches paint if not chip off. what product would help out to remove it.

TheLittleDeviant
10-02-2009, 03:03 PM
I usually wash and then dry with a towel, so I dont get any access dirt, but I get swirl marks that I need to use scratch-x on to remove...

mcbrew
10-06-2009, 09:09 PM
Ever try a clay bar? They're great for removing stuff that's stuck in/on the paint.

xd_kidd
10-06-2009, 11:09 PM
I havent. I saw a professional detailer who was demonstrating using clay bar. he said it can damage if unproperly used. I didnt pay attention so not trying to risk it. but something im going to check on thanks

robbiej
10-07-2009, 12:25 AM
I did the claybar for the first time this summer and I can say it makes a big diff. in the finish. Maquiars has a kit with claybar, quik detailer and microfiber cloth and directions tha were easy to follow, basicly follow body lines, use in a straight line as straight scratches are easier to take out than swirl scratches, keep area wet with quik detailer, keep working the clay by folding it and wipe clean with microfiber cloth, pretty much it.

Cylon_xD
10-07-2009, 09:25 AM
yes, most of the members in our local Scion club always clay bar their cars to prep before every car show... gives a mirror smooth finish, does an awesome job!

xd_kidd
10-07-2009, 12:38 PM
yea i've seen ur car at the show. pretty clean lol.

ibeDAMD
10-09-2009, 01:51 PM
i love the clay bar
very simple, never had any problems, just cant do it now cuz im TOO preggo and this Louisiana heat is a killer