PDA

View Full Version : Popped my xD cherry

Luc1f3r
10-13-2009, 08:48 PM
got my first ticket in the xD tonight. cop pulled me over for having red parking lights and told me i had the follow illegal modification

red parking lights
headlight covers (paint)
taillight covers (paint)
license plate cover
eyebrow below the AS1 line
tinted windshield (entire thing)
front window metered at 1%
rear window metered at 0%
modified exhaust
aftermarket steering wheel with no airbag

and i think thats is... each one is its own $114 fine. he asked why i got a ticket in oct of last year and because i told him the truth he was nice enough to only give me 1 $114 fine instead of 10 of them. he was a pretty cool cop just took him forever to find the statute in the book of what he was going to ticket me for lol. last time ill take my car to downtown disney

xd_kidd
10-13-2009, 09:46 PM
I think thats a funny title :laughing1:

he seems like a nice cop to only charge you a 10th of it but still .. when it comes to cops and modified exhuast.. ii think its completly b.s . theres abajillion (ah-bah-jill-lee-on) of cars out there even ricers with louder exhausts you probably never got pulled over even if they are in front of a cruiser. lol

and the last time checked was dat its not illegal but let insurance know about it. would cost abit more monthly but you know how it is lol

Luc1f3r
10-13-2009, 10:39 PM
modifying your exhaust in any manor in the state of FL is illegal. tis dumb but it is well know, i dont have a muffler on the car. and the ticket is a "fix it" ticket. either fix what was sited and have an officer sign it off for a $10 fine or just pay the $114 and be done with it. ill pay the $114 and be on my merry way. its not a moving violation and there are no points so insurance doesnt care about it.

ibeDAMD
10-14-2009, 08:43 AM
damn luci, you got a ticket for that but not for littering??? :laughing1:

i wonder if anyone got any pics of what we did to ur car...:bleh: you know i wuve you!

Cylon_xD
10-14-2009, 09:33 AM
So what is this AS1 line that your eyelids were over, and/or where is it located exactly? is something marked on the lens housing, perhaps? Wonder if this will be an issue with the forjworks eyelids at all...

xd_kidd
10-14-2009, 01:00 PM
So what is this AS1 line that your eyelids were over, and/or where is it located exactly? is something marked on the lens housing, perhaps? Wonder if this will be an issue with the forjworks eyelids at all...

im pretty sure it will look clean enough to look as if it was manufactured to it if ur reffering getting pulled over for eyelids.

if I get pulled over and receive a ticket for eyelids.. then Ima grab a sheet of paper and write him a ticket for being ignorant :laughing1:

Luc1f3r
10-14-2009, 01:19 PM
TL, i had a cop follow me for like 5 miles when i left the hotel i deff thought i was gona get a ticket for littering!

and the eyebrow is tint on the windshield has nothing to do with the paint on my headlights, that was something different.

the AS1 line is marked on the windshield.

ibeDAMD
10-14-2009, 01:23 PM
lol, when we got back to the hotel they said yall had just pulled out, and the post its were everywhere! Thanks God u didnt get a ticket though, i would have felt bad and started a collection for ya.

xDevint
10-14-2009, 07:11 PM
I will post a pic as soon as i get off my butt and download them. I know i followed the paper trail when we left.

katchkillah
10-15-2009, 01:02 AM
i'm lost each item is $114? so that's close to 1 grand?

xDizzle
10-15-2009, 01:37 AM
damn ur lucky i got stop for my eyebrow too good thing my windshield aint marked lol

ibeDAMD
10-15-2009, 10:46 AM
i'm lost each item is $114? so that's close to 1 grand?

yeah each item was 114, but he was polite with the office and got out of that huge ticket and only has to pay 114 total.

and brian get off ur butt and upload them already!!

xd_kidd
10-15-2009, 01:18 PM
damn ur lucky i got stop for my eyebrow too good thing my windshield aint marked lol

did you ever get a ticket? lol

Luc1f3r
10-15-2009, 02:23 PM
yeah each item was 114, but he was polite with the office and got out of that huge ticket and only has to pay 114 total.

and brian get off ur butt and upload them already!!

correct, thank you.

xDizzle
10-15-2009, 09:46 PM
did you ever get a ticket? lol

nope never for tint just got warned

xd_kidd
10-15-2009, 09:49 PM
kool

Resolve
10-19-2009, 09:11 AM
Last time I checked you could have the headlight and taillights tinted but you had to be visable from like 500 feet out front and 1000 feet in rear or vice versa.

And that they did away with the fix it stuff that you have to pay no matter what and still fix it. lol. but the cop that told me that was an ass.

But cool you only got one ticket for the $114 and not a grand worth of tickets.

---------- Post added at 10:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:02 AM ----------

OK found it, about covering headlights adn tail lights.

Headlights: 316.220 Headlamps on motor vehicles.

(1) Every motor vehicle shall be equipped with at least two headlamps with at least one on each side of the front of the motor vehicle, which headlamps shall comply with the requirements and limitations set forth in this chapter, and shall show a white light. An object, material, or covering that alters the headlamp's light color may not be placed, displayed, installed, affixed, or applied over a headlamp.

Tailights: 316.221 Taillamps.

1) Every motor vehicle, trailer, semitrailer, and pole trailer, and any other vehicle which is being drawn at the end of a combination of vehicles, shall be equipped with at least two taillamps mounted on the rear, which, when lighted as required in s. 316.217, shall emit a red light plainly visible from a distance of 1,000 feet to the rear, except that passenger cars and pickup trucks manufactured or assembled prior to January 1, 1972, which were originally equipped with only one taillamp shall have at least one taillamp. On a combination of vehicles, only the taillamps on the rearmost vehicle need actually be seen from the distance specified. On vehicles equipped with more than one taillamp, the lamps shall be mounted on the same level and as widely spaced laterally as practicable. An object, material, or covering that alters the taillamp's visibility from 1,000 feet may not be placed, displayed, installed, affixed, or applied over a taillamp.

So headlights can't have anything. and taillamps as long as it is visible from 1000 feet you are ok.

The headlight one has changed since I last viewed it a few years ago. but oh well.

mcbrew
12-08-2009, 06:18 PM
Wow, looks like you got mighty lucky. Seriously, though... you know you're going to get pulled over again with that many violations easily visible on your car. Are you planning on bringing any of them back to legal?

Luc1f3r
12-08-2009, 07:57 PM
nope, all the things that are listed as illegal on this car are things that have been illegal on all my cars. i usually get a ticket a year... price to pay to driving a car that looks the way i want it to.

---------- Post added at 07:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:55 PM ----------

blah blah blah
good stuff there! thanks. i didnt know the rules on hte headlights and in Ar they only have a 300 ft requirement for the taillights lol.