PDA

View Full Version : I need your opinion

Shaggy
05-27-2009, 10:38 PM
What other forums categories should I create? Are we good as of now until we get a little bigger or is there something that really needs to put on that I missed.

Shaggy
05-28-2009, 02:56 AM
New smileys are up too. I will add more. The ones I added were all PG. :)

ibeDAMD
05-28-2009, 09:40 AM
i like the random pictures

u need to add my thumbs up smiley he's rated G

but i think everything is going good, once we get more people on herewe will get more input and will know what to add or take away

SciFion
06-05-2009, 07:39 PM
There is that Frapper map that shows where you are geographically, kind of redundant, but still fun.

Cylon_xD
06-10-2009, 12:53 AM
So is there any way for you to be able to have a member's real name show up with all the other info below their Avatar, like on the Scikotics Forums? It would be nice to easily connect a screen name and a real name with the same user when they post, rather than having to refer to the list that we're all adding our names and screen names to in that one thread on here...

It should probably be the first line under the Avatar picture, a line that just says "Name: Troy" just above the "Join Date:" line. That would be a very helpful addition if it is possible to set that up...

SciFion
06-10-2009, 11:12 AM
So is there any way for you to be able to have a member's real name show up with all the other info below their Avatar, like on the Scikotics Forums? It would be nice to easily connect a screen name and a real name with the same user when they post, rather than having to refer to the list that we're all adding our names and screen names to in that one thread on here...

It should probably be the first line under the Avatar picture, a line that just says "Name: Troy" just above the "Join Date:" line. That would be a very helpful addition if it is possible to set that up...

:happy107: I second that!

Shaggy
06-10-2009, 09:56 PM
I will work on it. :)

Cylon_xD
06-10-2009, 11:07 PM
You're doin' a real good job on here, Shaggy, thanks a bunch...! This will be a really nice site if we can keep the traffic up... :winner_first_h4h:

Shaggy
06-10-2009, 11:20 PM
Know of anymore xd owners ;)

Cylon_xD
06-10-2009, 11:48 PM
Haha yeah, the guys on Cafe xD...! :)

Shaggy
06-11-2009, 12:34 AM
Haha yeah, the guys on Cafe xD...! :)

How many of them. Get them all over here. I tried to pm all the users there because the site is basicly dead but I haven't seen anyone from there show up yet. Are you one of them :p

Cylon_xD
06-11-2009, 11:54 AM
Well, the sites not completely dead, we have a thread or two over there with a few of us posting day to day yet... The admin there has been absent for a while due to employment problems, but he finally posted up the other day saying he just approved a slew of new registrants... I don't know if they all know it yet, though...

Shaggy
06-12-2009, 12:30 AM
Well, the sites not completely dead, we have a thread or two over there with a few of us posting day to day yet... The admin there has been absent for a while due to employment problems, but he finally posted up the other day saying he just approved a slew of new registrants... I don't know if they all know it yet, though...

Thats good, but I hope you come here more often ;)

Cylon_xD
06-12-2009, 09:09 AM
No worry, I check both Forums multiple times on a daily basis, along with Scikotics and SL... I'm just a big post whore!! :hands:

xDizzle
06-12-2009, 11:06 AM
i kno a few ppl ill let them kno wats up

Luc1f3r
06-12-2009, 12:17 PM
Kev, you still comin to the show here tomorrow?

xDizzle
06-13-2009, 11:23 AM
i wanted to but no1 wants to take my shift!! i hate my job lol

rhino74s
06-13-2009, 11:40 AM
I was on and liked Cafe xD but just never really took off.
Scikotics is great but I do like the convenience of having a dedicated site to the xD.
I'd like to see as many technical info and DIY's as we can find.

Shaggy
06-13-2009, 12:38 PM
I am all for creating something cool on this site to make people join up. I just haven't thought of that idea yet.

TheLittleDeviant
06-15-2009, 03:21 PM
Could we have regional sections? I would love to have a section where we can meet/talk with local owners

Shaggy
06-16-2009, 02:07 AM
I will add that, just don't want a ton of forums that are empty ;)

scion4us
06-16-2009, 07:07 PM
How bout decals we can rock on our xD's:)

Shaggy
06-17-2009, 04:17 AM
Working on that ;)

Cylon_xD
06-17-2009, 09:40 AM
aw man, everyone keeps telling me I have TOO MANY decals on my car already... LOL!!! :bleh:

SciFion
07-07-2009, 01:29 PM

Bryan, I know you're working on the name below the avatar thing. Any progress? It would sure be easier to respond to other members posts without having to go to "Who's Who?" all the time. Although it has served it's purpose well.

Cylon_xD
07-07-2009, 03:12 PM
yeah, it should definitely be possible on here , it appears this forum uses the same software engine that Scikotics does, and they have a name field setup in the user tags... names would really be a nice thing on here...

Shaggy
07-10-2009, 01:55 AM
I am having issues trying to find out how to set that up. I keep thinking I have it, but then it doesn't work. I will get it soon :p

Cylon_xD
07-10-2009, 04:14 PM
Hey, thanks for your efforts so far there, Shaggy! We all really appreciate it!

Shaggy
07-10-2009, 07:31 PM
I think its a mod that I need to install. I will keep you posted. I like to also see your names and it makes it more of a personal site then just calling each other by our user names. :p

TheLittleDeviant
07-16-2009, 02:57 PM
How about decals for the site? eta?
I for one would like a new sticker or two :P

SciFion
07-16-2009, 05:24 PM
I dont know about stickers, but if there is a design available I would sport it in vinyl. I have a friend that does anything in vinyl graphics, and could get them made up.

Maybe we could have a contest to come up with some cool designs and select the best one. I am not sure what the computer program is called, but have seen some awesome designs for Scikotic stuff. Anyone?

Shaggy
07-16-2009, 05:30 PM
Sci, what is vinyl? Is that a different type of decal? If you have a friend that does it, how much does it cost to get one made up?

SciFion
07-16-2009, 07:02 PM
Vinyl graphics are a higher quality way of displaying an image or whatever on any given suface, ie, a car window etc. A "sticker" usually has the the image, logo, or print on a single rectangular piece, you peel away the backing and stick it on to some surface. Think bumper sticker.

With vinyl, it has "backing material" on front and back. You peel away the back part and locate the graphic where you want it, and push it in place by squeegeeing it on. Then you peel off the outer protective layer and you're done. In this way you only see whatever image you want instead of some unwanted background as in a sticker.

I can probably get some made for $5-$10 each, but will need a design to get a quote. Something 7-10 inches long and an inch and a half to two inches high in a single color would be doable at a reasonable cost. If we want multiple colors the price will undoubtedly go up. Stickers can be made for less, but they also look cheaper, and I seriously doubt anyone would want one on their car.

Rip Graphix on the Scikotics forum could also do this and is very reasonable and reliable, with shipping already set up. Again we will need to come up with a logo and decide on size and color/s.

Shaggy
07-16-2009, 07:57 PM
I am not a graphix guy so I need someone to make out up. Also, that sounds just like a decal. I am all for making on up, but I need to get someone to make up a logo.

TheLittleDeviant
07-17-2009, 09:20 AM
So lets have a design contest.

Bryan post up a design contest and have the members create the logo, then we have a vote for which design we like the best and we use that logo for the vinyls...

Shaggy
07-17-2009, 02:26 PM
I might just do that. Do we have any artists here on the forum :p

Chinkylulu
10-16-2009, 11:32 AM
DIYs =] haha
ooh and i agree on the regional sections!

xd_kidd
10-16-2009, 09:51 PM
DIYs =] haha
ooh and i agree on the regional sections!

not trying to be negative here but we barely have ppl who contrible in this forum. there would probably be like 1-3 members in each region

Chinkylulu
10-21-2009, 01:17 AM
yeah that's true... grr i wish things for the xD would start speeding up.

TheLittleDeviant
10-21-2009, 09:18 AM
I think its only a matter of time, if we stick to this forum for long enough then we will eventually build a big group.

SciFion
10-21-2009, 12:24 PM
xD is only in it's 2nd year. Compared to the sales of the tC and xB our cars are only now starting to catch up. By the way have you seen the new ads everywhere for the xD? Very innovative advertising!

TheLittleDeviant
10-26-2009, 11:22 AM
^^^ Links? I dont think I have seen any new ones...

xd_kidd
10-29-2009, 02:00 PM
I love being the black sheep in the tuning scene here. im one of two modified xd in my area. starting to see more xd's. not modified. hopefully theres not many modified versions here. otherwise it would be the new civic si :emotions122: lol

trdxd
10-29-2009, 10:28 PM
I think civic overall; not the Si solely. BUT point is still valid, I see alot of xD's now, but yeah none that have been modified beyond the seemingly obligatory, obscure black/gunmetal rims with chrome lip. none are lowered, makes me feel happy when i park next to another xD and it looks as if mine is a head shorter..hehe.