PDA

View Full Version : Introduction + Password JDM news

trdxd
10-21-2009, 07:02 PM
Hello all! Some of you may know me from scionlife (same username; TRDxD) but for those of you who don't, I'd like to introduce myself before anything.

I have an 08 Scion xD, Black Sand Pearl, 5MT, lowered on Tanabe DF210's along with a TRD axle back. Plain and simple, it's my first car so I'm pretty happy with it. I've been a member of Scionlife for nearly a year, and believe myself to be helpful to the community (though..you can be the judge of that :P) That's about it...I guess if you guys are genuinely interested, you can ask me more? lol

Now...let's get on to some good news for us xD owners shall we?

On October 19th I ventured over to Password JDM HeadQuarters for a focus group they were holding for all Scion owners, and if you haven't heard of PWJDM, please, enlighten yourself by following this little link : http://passwordjdm.com/

Anyway, while at HQ we were given a shop tour, where the guys design and machine many of their own products themselves. With CNC Machining equipment and a partner who helps them in molding their 100% Dry Carbon Fiber products, PWJDM is truly an amazing company. I've known about them for about 4 years, and had always heard the quality was amazing, and going down to the shop, handling their products, and watching demonstrations of their Carbon Fiber's weave strength, I can back up those claims.

After a quick tour we got down to business, what do Scion owners want? The guys at Password JDM are often known for their heavy support in the Honda industry, with many MANY parts for Civics and Integras, all tasteful pieces that any enthusiast would want to own. Basically, they realized that Scion is quickly becoming an industry comparable to that of the Civics back in the day, and they want to help us out and supply us with top quality parts; from Intakes, to CF trim pieces, there are a lot of options out there, and basically they need to know what do we, as Scion owners, wish to see available for our cars?

I'm urging you guys to give your input, start a list of what products you'd like to see available for the xD. Check out the PasswordJDM website, and compare what products are available for EGs, EKs, EFs, and other compact tuners, and think if you'd like them on your xD. If you have any other ideas feel free to list them. I'm in touch with the guys over at PWJDM so all this information will be passed along.

I know it was a long read :P but I hope you guys realize that this is serious, they really want to cater to the wants and needs of Scions and show some love to our game.

Good to meet you all, and I look forward to hearing back from you guys

TheLittleDeviant
10-21-2009, 07:09 PM
This is an amazing opportunity!
PasswordJDM has created many very nice vehicles in the past, that fact that went as far as inviting owners to the shop and are asking for our input is astronomical!

I posted my list over on ScionLife but here it is for everyone not associated with SL:

1. A CF spoiler that looks different that the OEM and the upgrade spoiler, something like the 08-10 xB spoiler
2. Yellow fogs
3. CF gauge cluster bezel
4. floor plates
5. CF mud guard sets
6. CF side view mirror block off plates
7. the 3 piece rear strut tower bar set
8. side markers
9. CF Gauge pod holder that sits behind waterfall on top of the dash

PLEASE guys post up any and all ideas you have for parts!

trdxd
10-21-2009, 07:27 PM
Oh hey, you're an admin over here :D cool hahaha thanks for the support!

TheLittleDeviant
10-21-2009, 07:40 PM
Oh hey, you're an admin over here :D cool hahaha thanks for the support!

LOL, no problem, I want this more than anything... well except for the Turbo kit that mike from M2 is making happen...

I am subscribing to this thread BTW

trdxd
10-21-2009, 07:47 PM
There was some small talk of turbo kits available for scions ;) its quite possible the xD will get some forced induction love, that is, if everyone want's it bad enough

got the subscription btw, good lookin' out!

Smithpspfan
10-21-2009, 08:31 PM
CF Motor Cover

YELOSUB
10-21-2009, 08:35 PM
CF Motor Cover

X2...More stuff to spiffy up the engine bay compartment...

trdxd
10-21-2009, 08:37 PM
YELOSUB....your avatar scares me on this forum....i like your SL one better :P hehe CF cover is a popular suggestion so thats a big possibility.

newagestar
10-21-2009, 08:45 PM
That's cool I'm interested in what they got

YELOSUB
10-21-2009, 09:09 PM
YELOSUB....your avatar scares me on this forum....i like your SL one better :P hehe CF cover is a popular suggestion so thats a big possibility.

I find my avatar fitting since I just recovered from the swine flu...:emotions122:

trdxd
10-21-2009, 09:18 PM
oh man...sorry to hear that..well...glad to hear that you've recovered! One question for those who've suggested engine covers? Are you looking for a smaller cover, or one of the equivalent size to the stock Toyota cover

xd_kidd
10-21-2009, 09:35 PM
I find my avatar fitting since I just recovered from the swine flu...:emotions122:

thats good dude. I was on my way back to work from work. I was listening to the local radio talking about a boy who graduated class of 09 (age 18) and lives about an hour away. he was diagnosed with swine flu last week nd died today unfortunally

Luc1f3r
10-21-2009, 10:32 PM
fog lights that fit in the lower grill area, like the OEM tC and xB2 fogs... so people with the RS1 and non RS1 xD's can use them.... preferably using an H1 bulb :p

trdxd
10-21-2009, 10:39 PM
quite the detail ;) but sounds good. keep it coming people!

Luc1f3r
10-21-2009, 11:55 PM
lol, i have an extra set of H1 HIDs that need a home. but fogs that fit that area in general would be great.

YELOSUB
10-22-2009, 12:13 AM
fog lights that fit in the lower grill area, like the OEM tC and xB2 fogs... so people with the RS1 and non RS1 xD's can use them....:p

X2......

KILLA XD
10-22-2009, 12:28 AM
everyone has great ideas, i can't wait to get started modded my car.

Chinkylulu
10-22-2009, 02:17 AM
mid-wing!!!! =] Projector lights=D teehee

trdxd
10-22-2009, 02:27 AM
ooooo good call Jenny (may I call you Jenny? haha) mid-wing is something that came up a LONG time ago on the ScionLife threads, but I had completely forgot about up until now. good call :D

TheLittleDeviant
10-22-2009, 07:14 AM
fog lights that fit in the lower grill area, like the OEM tC and xB2 fogs... so people with the RS1 and non RS1 xD's can use them.... preferably using an H1 bulb :p

Oh damn, I forgot about the RS 1's... I wouldnt be able to use the center foglight you speak of, with my bumper the center grill is larger than a stock bumpers opening...

TRDxD, maybe 2 sets of fogs? one for the center and one for the sides? Oh and when are you forwarding our requests to PWJDM?

JDMJim
10-22-2009, 10:59 AM
idk, seems like alot of the same. i thought CF was so last two years. we need some ground breaking stuff. better lighting( fogs, tails, those little LED reflectors, headlights, better looking lip kits and bodykits, blade style hatch wing, etc.)

trdxd
10-22-2009, 11:36 AM
Already sent them an email listing some of the common/interesting things; plus I've linked them to both the Scionlife, and this thread as well, so they're on top of everything. I had an idea, perhaps instead of 2 sets of fogs (just in the interest of a universal product for any xD) perhaps a set that can plug into the "fog area' on the regular bumper, and possibly, with small modification, fit into the lower grill?

bobolinko
10-22-2009, 12:04 PM
Man, How about some high flow cats installed on a downpipe we can buy, or even catless down pipes (testpipes) :gathering:

TheLittleDeviant
10-22-2009, 12:13 PM
Already sent them an email listing some of the common/interesting things; plus I've linked them to both the Scionlife, and this thread as well, so they're on top of everything. I had an idea, perhaps instead of 2 sets of fogs (just in the interest of a universal product for any xD) perhaps a set that can plug into the "fog area' on the regular bumper, and possibly, with small modification, fit into the lower grill?

That could work, same fog light just different casing/surround for them to fit in either the "fog" area or the grill.

trdxd
10-22-2009, 12:41 PM
Man, How about some high flow cats installed on a downpipe we can buy, or even catless down pipes (testpipes) :gathering:

Don't even get me started on test pipes, because I'll splode if you're serious :P

high flow cats are generally universal, so get your fill there ;)

We'll definitely discuss fog light options when they start development for the xD's; I know there's a tC heading down there today to start generating, if not ideas, some base products, cause I think he's leaving his car there for a while. I'll update on what goes on so we can either get some more ideas for us, as well as see how PWJDM is catering to that fifth of the scion crowd.

Also, there was some talk of a CF/other replacement for the upper piece on the trunk (where our rear Scion/Toyota badge is placed); if you haven't noticed already, it appears fairly easy to pop off once tackling it from the interior of the hatch door;

any interest in this?

TheLittleDeviant
10-22-2009, 12:50 PM
Don't even get me started on test pipes, because I'll splode if you're serious =P

high flow cats are generally universal, so get your fill there ; )

We'll definitely discuss fog light options when they start development for the xD's; I know there's a tC heading down there today to start generating, if not ideas, some base products, cause I think he's leaving his car there for a while. I'll update on what goes on so we can either get some more ideas for us, as well as see how PWJDM is catering to that fifth of the scion crowd.

Also, there was some talk of a CF/other replacement for the upper piece on the trunk (where our rear Scion/Toyota badge is placed); if you haven't noticed already, it appears fairly easy to pop off once tackling it from the interior of the hatch door;

any interest in this?

Yes I am interested, would look good having a little CF in the back. any way you can push an xD into the HQ next? LOL Damn tC owners get everything first.... I believe I should now go; waaaaaahhhhhhhhhh, wwwwwwwwwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:baby::shakehead::favorites68::happy175:

trdxd
10-22-2009, 01:45 PM
rofl yeah...I'm definitely trying to get the xD in...I notified them that I'm available to drop off the car whenever they're ready for it so...it's up to them when they're going to start working on the xD's. I'm just waiting on the call/email/PM ;)

---------- Post added at 11:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:31 AM ----------

To keep things up to date from SL to SxDF, xDkidd brought up the possibility of an Ram Air Duct, so let's start gauging interest on this piece as well! It's evident that it won't fit at all in the upper grill, and the lower grill is pretty questionable for such a large piece, so this would have to fit into the "fog lights" area on the sides of the bumper.

TheLittleDeviant
10-22-2009, 01:57 PM
Only issue with using the fog light hole is that you can't have the fog and the ram air... but why not use the upper grill and have it go to the intake stream.

trdxd
10-22-2009, 02:03 PM
area behind the front grill is completely filled with radiator/upper support/horn assembly. I was trying to feel around it, and if we were to come up with something to stuff the ram air duct into, it would just be inefficient due to a need to create a very small diameter piping until it gets past all the aforementioned parts. Agreed, that it is unfortunate for those who want both fogs and the duct :\ it's pretty much a trade off between the two; which is more important to you, etc.

TheLittleDeviant
10-22-2009, 02:08 PM
I'll pull my front bumper to check but I think there is enough room on the driver side of the grill to go from there to under the headlight...

WAIT!?
http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r211/RWDNissan/ramair.jpg

ibeDAMD
10-22-2009, 02:33 PM
i like that^^^

darn tCs and xB 1&2 for having everything!!!!

CF engine cover FO SHO!

Chinkylulu
10-22-2009, 03:22 PM
ooooo good call Jenny (may I call you Jenny? haha) mid-wing is something that came up a LONG time ago on the ScionLife threads, but I had completely forgot about up until now. good call :D

yes you can =] man if they make one i'll get it in a heartbeat haha

robbiej
10-22-2009, 03:48 PM
Lots of great ideas, I can't think of anything different than whats been suggested.

JDMJim
10-22-2009, 05:10 PM
I'll pull my front bumper to check but I think there is enough room on the driver side of the grill to go from there to under the headlight...

WAIT!?

Ha!, just as I was reading this, I thought about this. I run the car without the panel sometimes. THAT would sell well

trdxd
10-22-2009, 05:23 PM

WAIT!?

;) i like your thinking!! perhaps since the xD's spots aren't open the fogs can be split equally between a top and bottom, and the ram duct can go in the top half of it? (since that's the widest section?)

good thinkin!

TheLittleDeviant
10-22-2009, 05:24 PM
;) i like your thinking!! perhaps since the xD's spots aren't open the fogs can be split equally between a top and bottom, and the ram duct can go in the top half of it? (since that's the widest section?)

good thinkin!

Top and bottom is what I was thinking too.

trdxd
10-22-2009, 05:43 PM
muahaha perfect; so PWJDM took in their first car today, a tC, but no word yet on what they've planned for it...I'll keep everyone up to date as much as possible on what theyre planning for our brethren platforms.

TheLittleDeviant
10-22-2009, 05:49 PM
^^^ Yes definately, it will give us a good idea of what we will be getting.

JDMJim
10-22-2009, 05:56 PM
meh, tC gets picked first....

TheLittleDeviant
10-22-2009, 06:04 PM
meh, tC gets picked first....

Dissapointing, BUT really good news, cause that means its closer than we think :party33:

Shaggy
10-22-2009, 07:13 PM
Wow, this thread sparked some life into this forum Thanks for posting it here trdxd and good call on the email LD :)

trdxd
10-22-2009, 07:21 PM
not a problem, any ideas from you shaggy?

trdxd
10-23-2009, 11:36 AM
how about spacers, anyone interested in that? list possible widths you'd be interested in!

xd_kidd
10-23-2009, 11:40 AM
spacers are already available. best to go with parts that arent available yet

TheLittleDeviant
10-23-2009, 11:45 AM
^^^I'm with Chris, we want stuff that other companies wont make for us...

trdxd
10-23-2009, 12:44 PM
sounds good guys; well headlights were suggested long ago; any interest in new taillights maybe?

Also an idea; not exactly the guages, but how about the portion of the dash that surrounds the guages, in CF?

(since it pops out ever so easily)

TheLittleDeviant
10-23-2009, 01:15 PM
sounds good guys; well headlights were suggested long ago; any interest in new taillights maybe?

Also an idea; not exactly the guages, but how about the portion of the dash that surrounds the guages, in CF?

(since it pops out ever so easily)

Yup, Carbon Fiber gauge bezel. I mentioned it before, and yes is my answer

trdxd
10-23-2009, 01:31 PM
Yup, Carbon Fiber gauge bezel. I mentioned it before, and yes is my answer

MY BAD. totally forgot; I'll put that in the list next time I contact PWJDM; seems ideas are coming in more slowly, gotta fix that! what can we do.

TheLittleDeviant
10-23-2009, 01:37 PM
Carbon Fiber bumper canards, and cf splitters

example of how I imagine the perfect bumper canards to look, with how they sweep all the way across the bottom of the "fog light holes"

http://fc08.deviantart.com/fs16/f/2007/155/9/b/Scion_XD___Shell_Shocked_by_jonsibal.jpg

trdxd
10-23-2009, 01:50 PM
in reference to the above picture; i was just looking at Work Meisters and SSR SP1's....god i want em...

anywho, I like the idea of the candards forming perfectly along the bottom of the foglight area; great thinking.

I've been trying to think of a new grill design; the open grill is often appealing on most cars, but for the xD (im speaking primarily about the upper grill) I just dont think it would stick out enough (which could be a good thing, depending on what you're going for)

oh well; taking notice of that tow hook placement, where would everyone like to see the front tow hook poke out of?

TheLittleDeviant
10-23-2009, 01:59 PM
I am using the stock location currently for my tow hook... I did get the idea to install it from the above picture though... LOL

trdxd
10-23-2009, 02:15 PM
I did that for kicks; stock location + stock tow hook. hehehe...took it off because it stuck WAY. WAY. OUT. didn't look good. it was to joke around with my friend anyway.

JDMJim
10-23-2009, 10:31 PM
ever watch knights tale? I always say to put a fist on the end of the tow hook to "protect" it....

we need a bodykit that exaggerates the stock body lines. kinda how Veilside did the Z33. kinda how that pic looks. I mentioned taillights. look here for ideas...
for a Celica . why didn't someone else think of this for our cars?
http://www.crystal-eye.jp/shopimages/gmosp379/0010040000042.jpg

for the Yaris
http://www.crystal-eye.jp/shopimages/gmosp379/0010010000112.jpg
http://www.crystal-eye.jp/shopimages/gmosp379/0010010000062.jpg

whole site
http://www.crystal-eye.jp/shopbrand/001/X/

trdxd
10-24-2009, 02:23 AM
you beat me to it!!! the half white/half red is exactly the type that i wanted for our xD's.....I was at work so i couldn't post em :P

Luc1f3r
10-24-2009, 10:13 AM
back to the foglights ... it would make more sense and be more universal to have fogs that mount in the lower center grill as it will fit every OEM car on the road. The little devient has a body kit on his car, do they really want to make parts for another companies body kit? seems like more stock cars would buy fog lights then cars with bodykits wanting oem fogs..... just my thoughts.

also, some true retrofitted projector headlights for under a grand.

racing seat brackets

xDizzle
10-24-2009, 11:26 AM
CF lip kit! different design from the other 1s tho :)

trdxd
10-24-2009, 02:11 PM
agreed that they should be different from the rest (i really...don't like the designs on any of the ones that are out)

Luci you make a good point.

and on a side note, when you said brackets; they're currently working on a CF racing seat that is AMAZINGLY comfortable and very light, so light, that the seat brackets are heavier than the chairs are ;) pretty cool stuff.

JDMJim
10-24-2009, 07:01 PM
i'd rather have the fogs in the openings. or the panels anyway. ala RAv4
http://www.buyacar.co.uk/contentimages/medium_toyota_rav4_(2000-_to_2006)_1782.jpeg

this car has a few lines that match ours

rhino74s
10-24-2009, 07:13 PM
I agree, those stock openings are begging for fog lights. That's the only place I would put fogs on my xD.

YELOSUB
10-24-2009, 08:12 PM
But us RS1's need an option too...:bleh:

trdxd
10-24-2009, 08:13 PM
As soon as I got the xD I was looking into RAV4 fogs; they wont fit which sucks but I agree, I've always wanted a full set in. ugh.. theres so much toyota could have done for us lol...

JDMJim
10-25-2009, 12:24 PM
nothing alittle triming can;t fix. hows about a top grill that matches the bottom grill? i hate the holy grill, not a fan of the billet options either. i mean come on, grill over grills? really?? we gotta be creative. the number 1 thing that inspires me is the creativeness of Japan. they make all their own crap. everything! they make their own LED tails with programmable comtrollers, some re-create their own bodykits into one of a kind stuff. so many of us are about the status quo. CF this and that. chrome taillights. blue turn signals. it's so boring.

trdxd
10-25-2009, 12:41 PM
agreed; i absolutely love some of the LED sequential taillights people have done on Alphards and the Wish..(plenty of others though, but those were always my favorite). Some of those that are into Vanning have done full lighting on the interior; and not just the tube or LED strip, but actual "wall mount" replica lights, like the ones you see on the exterior of some peoples' homes. UGH so cool...

TheLittleDeviant
10-26-2009, 08:10 AM
back to the foglights ... it would make more sense and be more universal to have fogs that mount in the lower center grill as it will fit every OEM car on the road. The little devient has a body kit on his car, do they really want to make parts for another companies body kit? seems like more stock cars would buy fog lights then cars with bodykits wanting oem fogs..... just my thoughts.

also, some true retrofitted projector headlights for under a grand.

racing seat brackets

I understand your point, but to play the devils advocate, the RS 1.0 has a body kit not from Scion/Toyota either... so they would be making parts to accommodate another companies body kit... the Damd body kit...
and by making the fog lights in the "fog light" location they would not be making something for a different companies body kit, as my "fog light" location, is the same as the factory bumpers...

I think the best solution is to make it so the actual fog light is the same, just that there are 2 different surrounds, one to fit the center grill, and one for the "fog light" location. TRD did it for the tC...
http://img23.imageshack.us/img23/8704/08062009016.jpg

AND

http://reviews.turbometal.com/wp-content/uploads/turbometal-04-05-06-07-scion-tc-fog-lights-8.jpg

trdxd
10-26-2009, 12:35 PM
^^^ I bought a set of VRD's and was trying to retro them, but the only place they really would have perfectly fit was in the upper grill (lol....) so I just sold em. Didn't want to cut away at too much or have to make some large bracket just to hold em.

trdxd
10-28-2009, 01:26 AM
UPDATES! WOOT!

So, Steve over at PWJDM just gave us a little update; Right now they are currently working on a Dry CF manifold cover for the tC. pricing should be very reasonable, according to them, and they will soon post pictures of the clay models, of which I will post here to keep you all updated. We can also soon expect a few "anodized goodies," soon, presumably for the tC as well.

I'll keep you all updated as much as possible

TheLittleDeviant
10-28-2009, 08:19 AM
Ok nice to hear they are getting somewhere, we need to push the xD in there though! WE WANT NEXT!!!!

trdxd
10-28-2009, 12:57 PM
Rawr!!! for true. we shall see; I'm not sure at what speed they're working, but to already have a clay model is pretty damn fast imo after a week; let's hope they favor the xD guys before the xB/xA (since the xB guys never showed up or gave any love!)

misformartin
10-28-2009, 07:03 PM
pwjdm stuff is all nice quality stuff im just sad that they probably will not produce anything major for us because by nature scion owners are cheap.... scion owners are worse than honda owners for the most part when it comes to modding our cars... but on a lighet note a set of fogs for the oem bumper would be sick : )

trdxd
10-28-2009, 07:08 PM
Heh, probably the most major thing will be a powerchamber intake; not sure if they're interested in going in on pulleys or anything like that, which probably be a secondary to how far theyre willing to go. the rest is most likely going to be accessory pieces. We'll see though

x2 on fogs

TheLittleDeviant
10-29-2009, 09:54 AM
well if they offer decent accessories and we buy them, then ask for more maybe they will supply. This is a great opportunity for us to get ANYTHING new...

JDMJim
10-29-2009, 12:34 PM
so right about the cheap comment. in all honesty, everyone is cheap right now. me included. but I don't go cheap , I just don't buy it til I have cash

misformartin
10-29-2009, 01:06 PM
agreed : ) haha im the same way i just save till i have all the cash... then buy brand new thats how i got the AME's for the xd

xd_kidd
10-29-2009, 01:52 PM
so right about the cheap comment. in all honesty, everyone is cheap right now. me included. but I don't go cheap , I just don't buy it til I have cash

haha word!

JDMJim
10-30-2009, 01:52 PM
i forgot to add that the VW crowd is as bad or worse than Scion.

trdxd
10-30-2009, 02:26 PM
lol seriously; how else would -rust/cut springs/any junkyard suspension set you can get your hands on- become a fad

TheLittleDeviant
10-30-2009, 02:58 PM
lol seriously; how else would -rust/cut springs/any junkyard suspension set you can get your hands on- become a fad

Dont talk to the xB crowd... :laughing1::laughing1::laughing1::laughing1:

trdxd
10-30-2009, 03:12 PM
HAHA im glad you caught that ;)

JDMJim
10-30-2009, 04:55 PM
this hood ride thing has gone too far.

trdxd
10-30-2009, 05:40 PM
http://fatlace.com/hellaflush/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/dyn010_original_680_510_pjpeg_255012.jpg

pretty much everything is wrong. lol I'm all for slammed rides, im trying to search my options for a lower drop than DF's, but its pretty obvious that this is probably ghetto fabbed

JDMJim
10-31-2009, 10:26 AM
you air to get really low i guess. I want lower, but am willing to sacrifice lower for much better handling

misformartin
11-01-2009, 05:12 PM
i have tanabe coilovers and they go pretty low..... even lower if u wanna pull the top perch in the rear will drop another 1/2 inch and the front u can remove the "helper spring" which is complete b/s that spring doesnt do anything as its always compressed... but as its compressed takes up like 2 inches bs... oh well im now looking into airrunner... : )

xd_kidd
11-01-2009, 10:01 PM
vip cars love airunners lol.

trdxd
11-02-2009, 02:49 AM
misfomartin pics of your xD at max low?

trdxd
11-03-2009, 09:54 PM
Just got the car back for now. Battery Ties have been measured, so the final products are going to be made; final fitment should be Thursday. They have my engine cover and I'm VERY. VERY. excited to say that Steve is planning on making an actual BOLT on engine cover; not the pop on crap we have. (THANK YOU.) This is something that's been bothering me from the get go.

More interesting news, as Steve was talking to me, we looked at the intake, and he said he's definitely interested in making a power chamber. However, he's looking into a Cold Air idea; included in this idea will be a Ram Air Duct coming from the "fog light" area. (xDkidd, good call ) What he was talking about was utilizing the rubber piping we have, allowing it to bend down, and making a power chamber that comes off of it, and sits under the headlight; not directly in front of the fog light cut out area, but above it. Hope that's enough of a description to give you a good idea of how it'll work?

The little air plug for the intake has been produced ; there are about 250 made right now; waiting to be colored in variations that PWJDM is popular for (reds, blues, etc.) on their aluminum pieces.

what...else.... I totally lost my train of thought. But anyway; I'll be dropping off the car again on Thursday, we'll have the final battery tie down by Friday I believe, I'll try to get pictures of the plug as quickly as I can; but if I can I'll get it in with the battery tie down, so as not to tease you all . I'm excited; this really seems to be taking shape quickly.

hope you're all at least reading this, if not commenting to show some support!

OH! TOW HOOKS!!

Rear tow hooks are also going to be looked into on Thursday/Friday I believe. I think there was a mounting plate that was in the works for it, and that was for the tC. He wanted to see it made for the xD as well; so rear tow hooks are in our future as well

misformartin
11-03-2009, 10:49 PM
any word on foglights?

trdxd
11-03-2009, 10:57 PM
no news of foglights yet. things are moving along, and I'm sure once they get a stable set of products under their belts they can begin to tackle the complications of a foglight set up.

Seeing as how there are absolutely no housings to run off; nor a wiring harness to even go off, it would be a more complicated process than fitting and piping an intake. They know we've been requesting it though so lets keep our fingers crossed!!!

JDMJim
11-03-2009, 11:18 PM
i feel the only way a power chamber can be useful is to be tuned for the car. that means lots of R&D and dyno time. that = $$$$$$$ to buy. Scion owner's won't pop for that. even I won't. Not justifiable. I mean, how many tC's you see cruisin around with an ARC power chamber?

trdxd
11-04-2009, 12:13 AM
http://passwordjdm.com/search.aspx?q=power+chamber+dyno

I absolutely hate battling the "legitimacy of a Dyno" stuff that always surrounds intakes and such. They have dyno'd all their intakes it seems, and the reported gains are respectable. Dyno charts are included on some of the product description pages; such as the DC5 powerchamber.

Regardless; There are plenty of people who buy an intake more for looks than anything, ESPECIALLY in the Scion world. Do all the tC guys who run an intake do it for boosted performance because they're looking for HP? Maybe they actually, legitimately, feel the need to gain an extra 5-8 HP out of their NA engine. We all know adding an intake is pretty much next to unnoticeable, whether we admit it or not, as a sole modification. Most people want the look; the added gruffness from their engine as they merge onto a highway.

I'm perfectly fine with your statement; I admire that you only buy quality products. If only more people in the scion world were like that.

Take it as you will; I respect your word whether you believe their claims or not.

TheLittleDeviant
11-04-2009, 08:49 AM
Jim, I fail to see your point. PWJDM is producing sometype of intake for us regardless of the cost, they have already stated they will, and TRDxD's car will be the guinea pig. I dont understand your comment. Cost to produce isnt a factor here, they are making it inhouse and will most likely dyno it inhouse...

JDMJim
11-04-2009, 10:19 AM
good point. but still. would that be worth the money to you? I mean, $25 cone filter or $300+ power chamber for similar gains......only benefit I could see would be torque. ask SL what they would do?

TheLittleDeviant
11-04-2009, 10:39 AM
^^ I understand what your saying, but people are spending that much for CAI's right now, so I dont see a difference... Fujita, Takeda, Weapon-R, Injen they are all priced in that range. Maybe you wouldn't spend that much on an intake (I wouldnt either) but that is not to say that there isn't a market for it.

plus they seem to be priced around $200 for most of their current ones... there are a couple of them that are priced higher but keep in mind that we are talking about dry carbon fiber here too, not a piece of metal tubing like all the other CAI systems available from other manufacturers...

trdxd
11-04-2009, 02:16 PM
good point. but still. would that be worth the money to you? I mean, $25 cone filter or $300+ power chamber for similar gains......only benefit I could see would be torque. ask SL what they would do?

many of the people on SL were requesting powerchambers; xD owners and tC owners alike. I'm certain there are many xB and xA owners as well who would love the offering one as well.

As little deviant mentioned; there is definitely a market for it, and that's the key to this endeavor. PWJDM see's that Scions have quickly become essentially the new Civic's, with people swapping parts and changing things up like crazy. They want to appeal to the Scion crowd by offering some legitimate and well crafted pieces.

Let's see how everything goes down

Arwen
11-05-2009, 01:51 PM
I'm excited about this, hopefully we can start buying some pieces soon!

At the top of my list would be yellow fogs, cf lip kit, cf spoiler and new grill design :D

trdxd
11-06-2009, 03:07 AM
fun little item that was made up in, literally, 10 minutes...

http://i33.tinypic.com/2i6oppk.jpg

Resonator plug for the intake; eventually itll be made in various colors and is really just meant to be a fun little 10$ engine bay dress up piece.

ENJOY

TheLittleDeviant
11-06-2009, 07:59 AM
I'm down for the plug. :D

JDMJim
11-06-2009, 01:08 PM
that pipe is nothing more than a resonator.

trdxd
11-06-2009, 01:19 PM
exactly; hence a plug, to make it look like it's NOT a door handle.

:D

JDMJim
11-06-2009, 11:05 PM
i don't really ever pay attention...

trdxd
11-07-2009, 03:03 AM
rofl what? hahah

JDMJim
11-07-2009, 10:54 AM
i rarely open the hood.

TheLittleDeviant
11-07-2009, 12:45 PM
i rarely open the hood.

Im like a pringles commercial, "once you pop, you just cant stop!"

JDMJim
12-02-2009, 10:50 AM
light idea
http://www.a-m-s.gr.jp/_imgs/s/eshbrd/estima-f.jpg

http://www.a-m-s.gr.jp/_imgs/s/eshbrd/fr.jpg

TheLittleDeviant
12-02-2009, 12:41 PM
I was thinking of a chrome, silver or CF surround that would encompase the entire "foglight hole" with a square shaped fog light that will sit on the lower section of the surround. Then the top half would be open to allow air to flow to the powerchamber etc...

JDMJim
12-02-2009, 12:56 PM
i would offer chrome or black. most know how I feel about CF. silver would be cool. or silver CF maybe to be different. innovate, don't immitate

TheLittleDeviant
12-02-2009, 01:32 PM
I think the black would look to stock, and chrome might be too flashy... IDK... really I would take anything at this point... Silver CF... Hmmmmmmm.... not a bad idea at all...

misformartin
12-02-2009, 05:27 PM
black would be sick... chrome may be a little flashy... i am also not to fond of cf.... would look random being so far away from the hood....

---------- Post added at 10:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:20 PM ----------

i prefer mods to look as oem as possible.. : ) clean and classy : )

TheLittleDeviant
12-03-2009, 08:31 AM
LOL, I prefer obnoxious and out there...

JDMJim
12-03-2009, 11:31 AM
i like subtle. I build in detail not flashyness

TheLittleDeviant
12-03-2009, 11:43 AM
Dont get me wrong I love clean cars that have all the subtleties, But the way judges are in my area, the small things go completely unnoticed...

misformartin
12-03-2009, 12:58 PM
i fell ya... on that but clean and subtle here in cali is how it works... and less of a reason for a cop to hassle you : )

TheLittleDeviant
12-03-2009, 01:47 PM
i fell ya... on that but clean and subtle here in cali is how it works... and less of a reason for a cop to hassle you : )

you know, if they make a black surround that would work anyway, I can just throw a coat of paint on them and be done. Although CF or the above mentioned silver CF would make me happy.

misformartin
12-03-2009, 02:34 PM
i would actually want to paint match the outside ofthe fogs... : )

JDMJim
12-03-2009, 09:08 PM
judges not noticing the details is cuz the presentor didn't show them. you know? gotta point that stuff out. they DO like that. I love showing the judges my car. I habe a routine set. it all starts with a handshake and then on to whatever they look at first

TheLittleDeviant
12-04-2009, 01:30 PM
Wait, you get to speak with the judges in your area??? Holy crap that would be nice... around here you introduce yourself and they dont even acknowledge you...

JDMJim
12-05-2009, 10:41 PM
well, at all the bigs shows here. the dealer crap I don;t pay atention anymore. my xB usually goes unnoticed cuz there's not flashy lights or vert doors or HID's or giant rectangle box in the back.

JDMJim
12-07-2009, 08:56 PM
yes please!

http://www.sixth-sense.jp/%E7%94%BB%E5%83%8F%20780.jpg

front lip

TheLittleDeviant
12-08-2009, 08:51 AM
That is a ballin lip, would love to see something like that for the D

JDMJim
12-08-2009, 10:05 PM
the reason I bring it up is the fact that lip has the same dogtooth design like our OE bumper is what caught my eye

TheLittleDeviant
12-09-2009, 04:31 PM
I would be excited to see something like this lip come out for the xD. would look sick!

misformartin
12-10-2009, 01:18 PM
yah lip is sick almost looks like a type of splitter : ) ...

JDMJim
12-10-2009, 10:22 PM
yea, it's more a splitter. it's a Sixth-Sense piece. Saw it on a Honda Stream, Toyota Estima and that Alphard i posted

misformartin
12-11-2009, 01:22 AM
thats sick.... looks awsome : )

TheLittleDeviant
02-12-2010, 11:05 AM
Any update from PWJDM?

trdxd
02-12-2010, 11:28 AM
sorry man; nothing yet. I hear they're still doing tC stuff, and plus with the accident I was out of touch with them. I PM'd them, no response yet. Guess I'll be getting a call whenever they're ready lol

TheLittleDeviant
02-12-2010, 11:45 AM
I heard they abandoned the xD/xB scene entirely and are just going to produce tC parts :(
I figured you would know better than hearsay as how you were in touch with them... how long ago did you message them?

JDMJim
02-12-2010, 11:55 AM
Scion needs ( REALLY NEEDS) to bring the JDM designs back. e.g. QNC bB, iQ and RWD coupe. that will also re-move the market here and abroad. so many peeps that already have the originals would most likely move on to the newer models that can be officially JDM'd.

trdxd
02-12-2010, 12:09 PM
whoa whoa...abandoning xD all together? lol considering our total lack of general support anyway, I can't say I'd be surprised. However, as far as I'm aware they haven't abandoned us..they still have my engine cover lol and if I recall, Steve said they had been working on finalizing that in the PWJDM post I had up? I'm unsure though. I messaged them, thinking now, about three weeks ago? No word and I guess I should call soon. Might be awkward calling them when I haven't been in touch since mid December lol..but w/e. If I don't hear anything soon I'll get at them and update on both SL and here..

My apologies for being out of touch as well, things have been a little hectic and in all honesty I'm really losing interest in this vehicle as a whole. However that's no excuse as to not go forward with PWJDMs' work so as long as they're willing to work on the xD it's theirs.

TheLittleDeviant
02-12-2010, 12:21 PM
LOL, Dont lose faith!

@JDMJIM, the only car that isnt JDMable is the tC, the xB and xD are still a go.

trdxd
02-12-2010, 12:34 PM
^word

the only thing holding people back from "JDM-ing" their car is money. No one wants to drop the change for the real stuff...my friend is the owner of a 2008 xB with the first Rumion conversion in the states. Full conversion...they spent nearly 4k (maybe actually closer to 6, I don't remember) on all the pieces. Taillights/hood/front and back bumper/grills/headlights/foglights/front quarter panels....it was a trip, but it looks great. Only thing I had the pleasure of helping him install were the taillights and the interior rear quarter panel which houses the subwoofer and tweeter (Corolla Rumion optional only)

He has some other Rumion goodies..but the point is not many people in the Scion community want to drop that kind of money; in fact it seems like a lot of people would rather find knock off sht and claim to be JDM converted.

http://www.nextautos.com/files/wp-content/uploads/2007/08/toyota-ist-modellista.jpg

sure wish I had the interest in the xD and money to drop on converting to the modellista optional kit...it looks so good haha

TheLittleDeviant
02-12-2010, 12:57 PM
Nice, can we get pics of his actual xD?

trdxd
02-12-2010, 01:09 PM
you mean xB? haha

http://img253.imageshack.us/img253/4466/rumionquarterim8.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v609/SpeedDemon/Scion%20Image%209-7-08/DSC_0109.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v609/SpeedDemon/Scion%20Image%209-7-08/DSC_0102.jpg

and for comparison

http://i159.photobucket.com/albums/t156/mspcl/Scion/DSC00347.jpg

http://i159.photobucket.com/albums/t156/mspcl/Scion/DSC00346.jpg

yay pic overload!!

good stuff..haha

Zstamp19
02-12-2010, 01:46 PM
It looks good

JDMJim
02-12-2010, 04:47 PM
they ought to just send us the Rumoin as the xB2 redesign. same for the xD. I mean, how else do you cut back costs? they are producing two versions of everything. that's silly. Just like GM and Fors. they don't need 8 versions of the same car.

Zstamp19
02-12-2010, 08:44 PM
Agreed

misformartin
02-14-2010, 06:02 PM
yah chris has a nice xb... but alot of his car was paid for by his dad hank.... so thats a little different not to mention that his dad has connections in asia to get stuff... so i actually think they paid something like 4k for just the conversion and not his moddelista kit.... as they charge like 5500 or 6k for the just the conversion peices.... they even have a jdm xd bumper.... my only thing with dropping "change" is that i dont always have it im piecing together the conversion.... so far i have front / rear bumper as well as 2 of 3 grills.... justneed headlights and tails... then paint... btw the used bumper i got has the rear moddelista rear lip attached... : ) sinzzz and hank are great people a little pricey on some stuff.... but good people none the less..

newagestar
02-14-2010, 09:14 PM
yah chris has a nice xb... But alot of his car was paid for by his dad hank.... So thats a little different not to mention that his dad has connections in asia to get stuff... So i actually think they paid something like 4k for just the conversion and not his moddelista kit.... As they charge like 5500 or 6k for the just the conversion peices.... They even have a jdm xd bumper.... My only thing with dropping "change" is that i dont always have it im piecing together the conversion.... So far i have front / rear bumper as well as 2 of 3 grills.... Justneed headlights and tails... Then paint... Btw the used bumper i got has the rear moddelista rear lip attached... : ) sinzzz and hank are great people a little pricey on some stuff.... But good people none the less..

you got pics? Cuz iv ben looking for jdm front and rear so i can get a jdm kit and how much for the bumpers. ALSO EVER THOUGHT OF GETTING FIBERGLASS MOLDS MADE AND SALEING THEM CUZ I KNOW I WOULD BUY JUST A THOUGHT

TheLittleDeviant
02-15-2010, 08:27 AM
Damn that Rumion looks good, I agree though, 50 versions on the same car is pointless...

JDMJim
02-15-2010, 11:17 AM
i don't think anyone is make make copies of a stock bumper

misformartin
02-15-2010, 12:22 PM
yah im not looking to have the jdm bumper copied... i paid a premium for it in the hopes to be unique... so i dont want it readily avail to everybody

TheLittleDeviant
02-15-2010, 12:45 PM
^^^ true, but if you sell off 2 copies, you make your money back

misformartin
02-15-2010, 01:14 PM
true but i have 2 people that will look like my car.... : )

TheLittleDeviant
02-15-2010, 02:14 PM
true but i have 2 people that will look like my car.... : )

Well technically there are thousands that will look like yours... just not in the US, LOL

misformartin
02-15-2010, 02:24 PM
yep thats what im trying to avoid

JDMJim
02-15-2010, 09:23 PM
like my xB. only two like it in the country and we're a country apart.