PDA

View Full Version : Viper SmartStart in a 2010 Scion xD

squint
11-07-2009, 05:24 PM
I was interested in possibly getting Best Buy to install this into my new 2010 Scion xD:

http://www.viper.com/SmartStart/

Has anyone tried this in their xD?

Does anyone have any advice about this?

If my Scion doesn't have an alarm, will it add one?

TheLittleDeviant
11-07-2009, 06:01 PM
I haven't heard of it before, but it sounds ingenious! Let us know how it works if you do get one.

DeathMachine
11-08-2009, 08:27 AM
Yes I've tried it. Yes, it is awesome. It does add an alarm. But if you ever get rid of your iPhone it become useless. You're iPhone is essientally your keyfob, cuase I donm't think that the full smart start comes with a keyfob. I have the add on. Its awesome, but serves no real purpose other than "Hey, look what I can do with my phone!"

l1zz13
09-20-2010, 06:14 PM
Yes I've tried it. Yes, it is awesome. It does add an alarm. But if you ever get rid of your iPhone it become useless. You're iPhone is essientally your keyfob, cuase I donm't think that the full smart start comes with a keyfob. I have the add on. Its awesome, but serves no real purpose other than "Hey, look what I can do with my phone!"

Has anyone tried using this? It appears that they've updated their interfaces to be compatible with Blackberries and Droid phones. I wonder if I get the service with my current Blackberry, if I'd be able to transfer to the Droid later, at no additional cost. Don't get much snow here in Los Angeles, but would be great for the Alarm feature, for traveling, and for running the AC before getting in the car.. oh yeah and if locked out.