PDA

View Full Version : Did You Know About Your Starter ?

bobolinko
11-22-2009, 04:56 PM
For those that do not know, Your start position on the key does not have to be held in start position till the engine starts. Just a tap till the starter turns and it will continue till the engine starts. Even if you let the key go back to the on position. That's why a "Pust-To-Start" button works on the XD. It keeps turning till the engine starts. If the engine has a hard start and does not fire up, just turn the key to OFF and the starter will stop turning. :happy107:

rhino74s
11-23-2009, 11:10 AM
hmmm.... so does anyone know how to wire up a push button start for the xD then?

TheLittleDeviant
11-23-2009, 11:42 AM
I have been looking into it lately, I spoke with Luci, who is running a push start in his RS1 and he said you would need to use an alarm to accomplish a push button, but I am pretty sure that we can wire in a switch to the starter and be able to just throw the key in the ignition and then push the button. I am going to look into some of the wiring schematics and see if I can figure it out. I will keep everyone posted how I fair.

rhino74s
11-23-2009, 11:54 AM
cool, I've been sitting on a push start button from a Prius for awhile now.

bobolinko
11-23-2009, 05:09 PM
I already installed mine more than a year ago. The button is from Pivot Racing, I cut the black wire from the IGN sw and tied it to one terminal of the start button. The other one went to a "hot with key on" line at the fuse block and I think it was a pink wire. I also made the illuminating blink with the key on and extinguish when the motor was running. I used the hole thingie on the right side of the steering column, and it's convenient there coz I turn the key on and poke the button. By the time I get my seatbelt on, the engine is already started. Here's what it looks like.

http://i602.photobucket.com/albums/tt107/bobolinko/StartButton-1.jpg