PDA

View Full Version : So why did you buy a xD?

Shaggy
05-31-2009, 02:50 AM
What was it about the xD that made you want to own one?

Luc1f3r
05-31-2009, 08:36 AM
the RS color. lol, i had been looking for an rs1 xB due to the color, and then this came out. DONE DEAL!

ibeDAMD
05-31-2009, 09:30 AM
The color FTW!!!! lol i loooved my xA, was never ever gonna trade it in......til i found out the color on the RS1 lol. I actually hated the look of the xD but it all changed =D

Shaggy
05-31-2009, 12:52 PM
Wow, you bought it just for the color. Not to bad of a reason :boxed:

ibeDAMD
05-31-2009, 02:56 PM
my favorite color is orange! when the rs1 xB came out i wanted one so bad but at the time i was living with the rent and they hate the way the xB looked so the refused to buy it plus it would be my first car and they werent gonna buy me a new car.. so they got me a POS saturn. i moved out traded it in and got the xA salsa red. then 2 yrs later got the xD.. but i love it, its faster than the xA, roomier and Orange lol

Resolve
05-31-2009, 09:27 PM
I used to have a 1st gen xb before I got rid of it and I wanted another Scion and then I took my new wife to a car show that I helped start up a few years ago (Sibling Rivalry in Jacksonville hosted by Scikotics now) She saw the Scions and liked them and we got a new one. And since neither one of us are too fond of the 2nd gen xB and with 3 kids between us the tC is basically not gonna happen. We went with the xD which we both wanted anyway.

SciFion
06-01-2009, 12:43 AM
So here goes. I dropped my girlfriend off at her doctors appt. Had to be back in 1 hour. Drove over to Shattuck Ave. in Berkeley, there I found Berkeley Toyota/Scion. I saw this awesome orange "Toyota" in the display window and went inside and asked about it. I asked "what model Toyota it was", and he said (you know what he said). It was the coolest car I'd seen in years, and I loved it.

This was last August and gas here in California was $4.50 + a gallon, and I couldn't afford to drive my '05 V6 Tacoma 4X4 very far. I told the salesman I'd be back in a while, picked up my girlfriend and told her I had a stop to make on the way home. She saw the car and loved it too, I traded in my beloved badass Tacoma on xD RS 1.0 #11 on the spot!

So why did I get my xD? The color caught my eye, and the RS1 bodywork and totally cool look of the car sold me. One test drive and I was hooked! Had not planned on buying a new car when I woke up that day, let alone a Scion, but I am now glad my girlfriend had to go to the doctor that day. :happy107:

DeathMachine
06-05-2009, 01:50 PM
I had an 04 Saturn Ion Redline... it got 21 MPG on the hwy...

When I bought my xD I was working for Southeast Toyota so had driven it a few times... Gas was going up and 21 MPG didin't make sense to me, so I got rid of the Redline and got the xD.

I freakin love this car...

rhino74s
06-05-2009, 07:33 PM
I had an '06 tC with several minor mods done. I liked the tC but it just wasn't unique enough for me. tC's got to be too common and I wanted to get away from having a coupe. I was considering getting a used first gen xB but saw a friends xD that was lowered, modded.
Once I saw what the xD could look like with just a few basic mods, I was hooked. :hands:

Shaggy
06-06-2009, 02:23 AM
I had an '06 tC with several minor mods done. I liked the tC but it just wasn't unique enough for me. tC's got to be too common and I wanted to get away from having a coupe. I was considering getting a used first gen xB but saw a friends xD that was lowered, modded.
Once I saw what the xD could look like with just a few basic mods, I was hooked. :hands:

They look damn good lowered don't they :naughty:

xDizzle
06-06-2009, 11:13 AM
i bought myne because i loved the look and wanted to be different just wish i woulda got manual

Cylon_xD
06-08-2009, 11:41 PM
I was driving a Dodge Ram 4x4 that was getting only 9 miles to the gallon, back when gas was $4 a gallon... ouch! Just wanted a little commuter car with good gas mileage to drive to work... but then I got a bad case of the modding bug, lol!

I was also looking for a car that was more unique and not found all over the road... Plus, the xD reminded me very much of my 1982 Renault LeCar I used to own years ago, another really fun little hatchback to drive! Zoom Zoom! :)

http://troyfrey.com/scion/lecar3.jpg

Shaggy
06-09-2009, 01:06 AM
LOL, it looks just like it :p

xDizzle
06-09-2009, 09:47 AM
lol i kno rite u can see the resemblence

Scionizer
06-09-2009, 04:47 PM
I bought mine for the color too....I also previously had a Gen1 xB, didn't like the new xB at all or the tC, soooo...if it hadn't been for the RS xD I would probably still be driving my Box.

joshgt
06-12-2009, 12:43 PM
I bought my xd because my winter beater died and I needed a new commuter car because I don't like to drive my mustang in bad weather. I was actually looking for a cheap beater car again because I wanted to supercharge my mustang. I was all set to buy an old cheap neon from a family member but when I had to pick up my dad from the local scion dealer one day (he was getting warranty work on his 08 xb) and I saw the xd's for the first time. At first I wasn't really impressed because it was dark out and raining so I did not take a good look at them. Ironically that same night my dad found some pictures of my old 05 xb that I had. After looking at the pics I started to get hooked on scions again. Two days later I ended up test driving the xd and I knew I had to have it. Now I have two cars to mod and no supercharger for my mustang but I do not regret buying the xd at all.

scion4us
06-15-2009, 07:31 PM
SCION got me wasted in Vegas and before I could sober up I ordered the R.S. 1...:laughing1:

SciFion
06-25-2009, 04:23 PM
SCION got me wasted in Vegas and before I could sober up I ordered the R.S. 1...:laughing1:

:laughing1: :drunk: :happy175:

scion4us
06-30-2009, 10:30 PM
First saw the xD and 2nd Gen xB in Miami when Scion threw the bash for the lucky 300 of us and really liked it!
Then came the next crazy Scion Party!:happy160:
Scion United was the BOMB and I always wanted an R.S.1 xB. Could never find one so when I saw the R.S.1 xD I had to have it! Ordered it the day after we got back from Vegas!:)

TheLittleDeviant
07-02-2009, 12:48 PM
The little deviant commercial... I saw it on SciFi one night, the next day I looked up the littledeviants.net website, the day after I ordered it, 3 months later I owned the first one in New England... Car number 295 on the production line... I had my xD in July 2007!

rage
07-20-2009, 09:19 AM
Well here goes... I had owned a 06 tC.. modded everything on that car.. but then i seen the early release pics for the RS1... and my head got me thinking bout parting out and getting it... after much thought a couple months later.. i parted out a heavily modded tc in 3 days and traded it in for the RS1 xD.. and never looked back.. I love the xD and having much more fun with it than my tC

WOOT... 1st post

ibeDAMD
07-20-2009, 02:47 PM
another tc to xD owner!!

misformartin
07-20-2009, 03:42 PM
Well i dont technically own an xd.... but my gf had a tc before and long story short it was tottaled so we <3 scion so much we decided to get her another one... i wanted her to get another tc but she was set on getting an xd.. so here we are with an 09 magnetic grey xd...

khans
07-21-2009, 03:35 PM
Because it's not a tC, xB, or xA. :bleh:

I kid!

My brother bought an RS1 tC and got involved with ScinergyIA. Then, he went to Scikotics Asylum one year and eventually started the Des Moines chapter. I was a groupie and was thoroughly impressed by how accepting (and cool) Scinergy and Scikotics were (Tony would let me tag along to events and they'd ALWAYS talk to me and give me free tickets since I was a guest). I wanted something that was a little 'bulkier' and more 'suv-ish' than the xB or xA, so I knew I was going to get an xD even before they were released.

I signed the papers the day before my 21st birthday and waited just shy of a month for it to come in, then drove it to the meet right after I picked it up. Only 3 people knew about it, so my brother and the rest of the chapter were speechless when I drove up! :mfr_omg: All about the 'wow' factor baby!

Chinkylulu
07-26-2009, 01:09 AM
I got it cuz it was a good affordable commuter car and i love its uniqueness! =] Before i wanted the 1st gen xb when it came out but i didn't have the money at the time but my boyfriend has one and he just put in a muffler that sounds sooo beastly haha. =]

CXTKRS1
07-28-2009, 10:46 PM
My old vehicle got rear ended and was totaled. I wanted something new and th xd had everything I wanted and I love the no haggle price.

katchkillah
07-30-2009, 12:55 PM
i got mine cause it was time to move on from the xb.

mcbrew
08-05-2009, 04:52 PM
I was in need of another car when my VW Golf TDI was getting old and quirky. My list of priorities were:

- Good fuel economy 30+ at least. 35+ even better.
- Four door hatchback.
- Stability control (VSC).
- Good safety ratings.
- Manual transmission.
- The ability to tow 1,500# trailers.

Even though the average EPA rating for the xD is 28 MPG, I knew I could break 30, based on some reviews I saw. I was pretty sure I could break 35 and possibly 40. I was right about that -- my overall average is 37.2 MPG right now and rising. I have gotten a few tanks over 40 MPG... and as high as 41.6 in my normal commute. I can't wait to take it out on the highway to Michigan this fall and see what I can get! Oh, and that's true MPG, not the display. You can check out my progress on Fuelly.com (I also go by mcbrew on Fuelly).

Stability control was tough, since there weren't many 5-speed xDs that came with it. I had to wait and even change the color (even though I got the color I really wanted (red), it wasn't my wife's favorite). The thing I liked about the xD is that I didn't have to buy any "package" to get VSC. Honda makes you upgrade to the Sport and then to the Nav system before you can get stability control. That adds $2,500 to the price! Many other cars I looked at weren't available with stability control in the manual transmission or they didn't have it available with the most fuel efficient engine option.

The choice really came down to Fit or xD... and I prefer (slightly) the looks of the xD. Plus, my brother had just bought a Fit, and since the both of us drove VW Golfs for the past few years, I figured it was time for us to drive different makes!

As far as the towing, Toyota doesn't rate any of their cars for towing in the US because people here tend to be lawsuit-happy. They don't want to be responsible for someone getting into an accident at 90 MPH and a trailer flies off and kills someone. Fortunately, I was able to find out that the xD is largely based on the Yaris, which is rated to tow almost 2,000# (in Europe), and since I bought the xD, they have released it in England as the Urban Cruiser, which is rated to tow 1,900# (with a smaller engine than our xDs). I installed a Curt hitch and have towed three different trailers for hundreds of trouble-free miles. I'll be towing a trailer to PA (about 100 miles each way) to pick up some furniture this weekend. I still get more than 30 MPG with the trailer in tow!

Overall, I am very happy with the xD. It rattles and creaks more than the Golf... and the ride isn't as refined... but I think it is a lot of car for the money. I'm glad to see that they made VSC standard for 2010 models... well ahead of the 2012 deadline.

SciFion
08-05-2009, 05:10 PM
I saw those pictures you posted in scionlife with the trailer. very surprising, I had never pictured an xD pulling a trailer, but your are proof that it works. By the way welcome to the forum!

notoriouseyk
08-06-2009, 12:17 AM
I bought my scion because my 2001 mercedes clk430 cabrio was draining my wallet with premium gas and ridiculous maintenance cost....i bought a silver basic automatic Scion XD with VSC only...lol...I dont know why but I have so much fun driving this thing....Im seriously debating selling the benzo and buying some nice wheels and stuff for the scion...i dont know what it is..its not super fast but it has a kick when you push the pedal...and the handling i cant wait till i get sway bars and the trd springs and struts stuff....just a warning to people about to buy a mercedes...all i can say is electronic hell in repairs.....

robbiej
08-06-2009, 12:34 AM
I got mine because it was an RS and hot lava, any other color and I would still have my xA, it was in the United commercial, lol.

ScionXD
08-06-2009, 01:12 AM
I was debating between Honda Fit and ScionXD.

Mostly, I choose ScionXD because it has more horse power. It uses Corolla Engine, which is great. My research on Fit is, it could use more horsepower, while doesn't have great MPG for its small engine.

And it doesn't hurt Scion is Made in Japan, I never drove a car made from there before. Just curious if the quality is better.

ibeDAMD
08-06-2009, 12:41 PM
I got mine because it was an RS and hot lava, any other color and I would still have my xA, it was in the United commercial, lol.

exactly why i got mine! Luckily i still get to see my little Salsa Red xA, the girl who bought it lives in the same area as me.. but i dont regret it

mcbrew
08-06-2009, 11:44 PM
Cuz I needed a truck!

http://www.scionxdforum.com/forum/picture.php?albumid=22&pictureid=146

Ozzie
09-06-2009, 02:45 AM
This is my first post and I'm excited to have found this site! I was driving a 98 Dodge Ram and wanted something more fuel efficient and totally different, I've always liked the Xb, but when I saw the Xd I knew that was the car for me. I live in Southern California and see Xb everywhere so it's nice to have something a little less common. Sorry for being so long winded.

katchkillah
09-06-2009, 05:02 AM
oh i know the other reason i left my xb, wanted to find another car with JDM goodies. ;)

ibeDAMD
09-06-2009, 04:20 PM
This is my first post and I'm excited to have found this site! I was driving a 98 Dodge Ram and wanted something more fuel efficient and totally different, I've always liked the Xb, but when I saw the Xd I knew that was the car for me. I live in Southern California and see Xb everywhere so it's nice to have something a little less common. Sorry for being so long winded.

welcome Ozzie!! post some pics up of ur car!

scion4us
09-06-2009, 06:43 PM

Welcome to the forums! What part of So Cal are you located in?

Ozzie
09-11-2009, 06:05 PM
I live in Fullerton, in Orange County. I will post some pics soon, I'm trying to decide on what mods to make to my car. Looking at wheels, spoiler, etc.

katchkillah
09-11-2009, 06:28 PM
welcome to the forums ozzie.

SciFion
09-12-2009, 11:15 PM
Welcome Ozzie! :favorites37:

TheLittleDeviant
09-14-2009, 10:12 AM
Welcome to SXF Ozzie!

xd_kidd
09-18-2009, 10:30 AM
I loved my volvo. I had an 01 s60 t5 (250hp turbo). it was running pretty well and I knew lot less about cars. But I got it in d.c no offense but yea they gave me a car with few problems that I thought I could of been fixed. Turned out transmission were done. 4k to fix it. so my parents said get a new car. I want another volvo but they didnt want let me get another volvo because of my experience with it. They preferably want me to get a japanesse car. 1st car was gonna be the new sentra ser v-spec, but too pricey. I was going to get the fit sport. But waiting for alil over a month so I can get the black 6pd version. but im alil of an impatient person so that wasnt going to happen. But I wanted to keep the family tradition with toyotas so I went to the toyota showcar room and there it was. I guess I just got excited in the moment and just got it w/o thinking. just looked all nice and clean :). turning one one the 25th :party28:

mcbrew
09-22-2009, 10:45 AM
lol... I've never seen someone type "alil" before. That's a good one.

xd_kidd
09-22-2009, 01:06 PM
soo much to catch up on :laughing1: but thanks lol

xDevint
09-22-2009, 07:43 PM
My wife wanted one.

Flipper
09-24-2009, 02:12 AM
Well . . . I had a pre-order on a Nissan Cube. And had been WAITING for confirmation of a delivery date, but it just didn't come in time for my needs. Which primarily included my owning a car with working A/C B4 it got crazy hot here in PHX.
I had looked @ xD's B4, but still thought it was worth the wait 4 the Cube. Yet I kept my eye on Autotrader.com for xD's , and when the listing for an '08 CPO car W/ just 10 K miles came up @ ~ 1,000$ under the Edmunds.com suggested pricing I snagged it!
I was "all about the Cube" but once I finally got to sit in one. . . I was less than impressed. Sure it has style . . . But the xD was just more CAR . And as I was buying A CAR , the better CAR won my $$$. + the Nissan dealer was NOT willing to do ANY dealing on the price. And in this market NO ONE pays full retail on a Nissan (except GT-R buyers).
Am I happy I got my xD . . .yes. Do I feel a little pang in my <3 when I see a cube? also yes.

YELOSUB
09-26-2009, 10:32 AM
Well I started off with an 05 RS2 xB that I modded and had a ton of fun with...After 3 years, I thought I was bored with it and wanted a change so I sold it (still miss it) and bought a 2006 Mustang GT that was a blast to drive...The problem was that gas went up to over 4 bucks a gallon so I decided to sell it and go back to the brand that treated me really good...I have ALWAYS loved the HOT LAVA color since the RS1 xB days and when I saw it on the xD I knew that would be my next car...Well the rest is history...Funny thing is I said I was going to leave this thing stock, except for rims, but damn after modding the xB its too hard to leave anything alone...

RS2 xB:

http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb107/yelosub/IMG_1162-1.jpg

http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb107/yelosub/IMG_1203.jpg

2006 Mustang GT Premium Edition on Staggered Fit 20's:

http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb107/yelosub/IMG_2359-1.jpg

And my new love, RS1 xD:

http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb107/yelosub/IMG_0112.jpg

greevedogg
09-26-2009, 11:01 AM
My '94 4runner was falling apart at the seams. Needed $2k worth of repairs. I was going to sell it to a friend for $600 when I discovered that I was eligible for "Cash for Clunkers"! $4500 for my beater! It was between the xD and Mazda3 hatchback...but the 3's were selling out everywhere and I couldn't get any mazda salesman to give me an out-the-door price. (And I wanted a '09 Mazda3 and all dealers had were the new 2010 models which body styling changed to my disliking.) Courtesy Scion salesman answered my inquiry the following morning, gave me the PurePrice quote. And Courtesy dealership has Lifetime Warranty on their cars for the original owner! SOLD! Now I'm a proud owner of a BSP xD!

SciFion
09-26-2009, 11:08 AM
Excellent choice Greeves.. :happy107: Welcome to the forum!

YELOSUB
09-26-2009, 11:33 AM
Excellent choice Greeves.. :happy107: Welcome to the forum!

++1

JDMJim
10-18-2009, 03:46 PM
xD was not on my list of cars i was looking for. I needed to replace my aging, but excellent shape 93 Daytona ES. can't move babies around in the Daytona( with no AC and track suspension) very easily. all the windows frost inside during the winter, so I sadly let it go. I was looking for a Mazda Protege wagon or Mazdaspeed. Also looked at a Mazda 5( 5speed)too. I missed the 5 by a day and couldn't come up with a decent car that wasn't obviously beat on. also looked for Toyota Matrix with the 2ZZ( 6spd). but again, there was just nothing around Chicago. the far down the list was the xD. I puposely did not buy a xB2 cuz I didn't like the look. to be honest, I'm not a fan of the xD's front bumper. Toyota shoulda just left it like Japan and Europe has their's. SO I have this gray xD that has almost NO aftermarket support. But the price wasn't bad and the mileage is a little bit better than the Daytona. But the performance is not. by performance, i mean handling.

BowdilxD
11-30-2009, 11:19 PM
I was driving an '03 Jeep Liberty Renegade that was loaded and I loved it! Didn't love the 15mpg highway mileage! I saw the RS1 on Auto Trader and fell in love. Picked mine up used with 8k miles on it at a Ford dealer for $14900. The salesman didn't know why it had a numbered badge on the dash. Took a bit of a loss on my Jeep but I'll make it up in gas savings pretty quick. I loved my 4wd but I'll just take my time this winter and enjoy the $$$ I'm saving. Besides....it's a blast to drive. It corners like the go karts I used to race at Mid Ohio.

mcbrew
12-08-2009, 06:06 PM
I was driving an '03 Jeep Liberty Renegade... I loved my 4wd but I'll just take my time this winter and enjoy the $$$ I'm saving.

Hey, man... just buy all the necessary parts from an AWD xD (Toyota Urban Cruiser) from Europe and make yours AWD! Oh, and after you get all the bugs worked out, do mine!

808XD
04-08-2010, 09:33 PM
I bought mine because my 99 corolla needed a new motor. I got the corrola for free. I was going to put a gts motor in it but decided to get something else. I went to a few used car lots and came across a 96 civic hb. I then went to the scion dealership and found my car. Its was a demo with 1k miles on it, but being it was a demo it knocked 3k off of the price. It was a choice between the civic and the d. The main reason I chose the d was because I knew if I got the civic I would attract cops.

mcbrew
05-25-2010, 08:41 PM
Lol... It isn't the car that attracts cops... The driving and the illegal mods (blue light, etc.) attract cops!

x2cafn8dx
05-25-2010, 08:52 PM
Yelosub.. I had an RS2 xB too. #854

I like my D better.

Me.. I had gone to the Toyota dealership intent on a Yellow hatchback Yaris. They had a Wasabi D in an Auto at the dealer, and i figures wth and took it for a drive. that sealed the deal. I asked them to find me a manual. They found one to trade the auto for.. but when the time came to get it.. the other dealer had sold it. I wasn't buying unless it was a manual. So they found one for me, but had to buy it from the dealer it was at (they had refused to trade). But my dealership did this for me.

I am very happy with my decision

__Midnight__
05-26-2010, 12:26 AM
I wanted a small car with alot of room for bike, dogs, etc and the D fit perfectly.

I also was intent a getting a yaris but when I test drove the XD it was a done deal. The D felt much more solid, was funner to drive, and I love the look. Never gave it a second thought.

Before I bought my D I had a IS300 but the gas mileage and insurance costs were killing me.. enter the D! I was looking at black or white and decided on super white.

Mitch

TannerTAKLarson
07-09-2010, 12:50 AM
I was not sold on it when i saw it online, but when i saw it in person i was like, Sheeeiiittt this is legit. The color and design is one of a kind and its a RS 1.0 only 2000 made, unique is what i like and thats what this car gives.

TexXBox
07-19-2010, 10:58 PM
My beloved 1st gen B was stolen and stripped for parts. After settling (fighting) the insurance company I headed out to look for a replacement. Couldn't bear to get into another 1st gen B after the loss, really not big on the new B and have a family so the tC was out. Didn't even think of the xD when I went to see what was out there. Spent the morning with the salesman I know driving Matrix's, Camry's, etc. and just not "clicking" with anything. He asked what I thought of the xD and when I said I didn't he tossed me the keys and said to just take it out and see what I thought. It was over right then, I just didn't know it yet. The fact that it was Super White with a five speed made it even more enticing for me. (I live in Texas, dark cars are hell in the summer.) By the end of the day I had taken it home, my wife had driven it, the kids had played in it, I had taken it to a club meet and just gave in and bought it. Quieter, smoother, more power and same mileage. It grows on me a little more every day. And not in that "fungal" sort of way.

In less than a week I had already changed the gauge and panel lighting and put in other accent lighting to start making it my own.

Now I just need to lower it. I thought my B was high stock. The D is like a truck. :)

Cylon_xD
07-22-2010, 09:14 PM
I was thinking of trading my xD in for a Honda...

I stopped thinking. lol.

TexXBox
07-22-2010, 11:04 PM
Seems like you stopped thinking, realized you could potentially end up with a Honda and then started thinking again. :)

KILLA XD
07-23-2010, 06:26 PM
i wanted to be different, so i got a XD.

JJGeneral1
07-29-2010, 10:24 PM
i wanted to be different, so i got a XD.

i'm the only D in pennsylvania SE... (evolution)...