PDA

View Full Version : Bodykit questions?

Resolve
06-02-2009, 10:53 AM
Ok since some of use didn't get the RS1 and don't have a bodykit from the factory I am starting a thread to get opinions or thoughts.

I was looking at possible getting the Presidente Kit, but I read in the Scikotics forum that it was cracked just due to normal driving. I was wondering if anyone could confirm this and possibly show pics of where it is cracked. Anyone have experience?

I was also looking at the GT Concepts kit and was wondering if anyone has had any experiance with this kit? What are your thoughts.

Thanks

Resolve

Luc1f3r
06-02-2009, 03:26 PM
the presidente kit is the fantastic kit for the tC and the fabulous kit for the xB. they are all fiberglass, they will crack very easy. and the fitment is all off. i would stay away from the kit.

as for the GT kit, is that the one used on the green xD with no top? if so i like the look of that a lot but again it is dura-flex which is just a fancy name for fiberglass, so BE careful... fiberglass and bags doesnt sound fun....

Resolve
06-02-2009, 04:02 PM
Yeah the GT is the one on the green xD with no top. I wish someone made a urethane kit for the xD but no one does. :(

I am thinking maybe the GT one I was talking to someone else and they like it and haven't had any problems with it. But I may have to add bump stops to keep the xD from destroying the kit if I lay it down. The person who has it says that is should lay out no problem. And based on the info they gave me the kit would probably hit the ground before the bag were fully down. which wouldn't be cool.

Luc1f3r
06-03-2009, 03:04 PM
well, it would actually be REALLY cool, but only once, and only if you got it on film! lol.

---------- Post added at 04:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:03 PM ----------

oh, and, the 5axis kit is urethane...

DeathMachine
06-05-2009, 01:52 PM
Yeah but 5axis kit is just a lip kit... It looks good, but its not molded...

Resolve
06-05-2009, 03:03 PM
And it is overpriced in my opinion. just paying for the name.

SciFion
06-05-2009, 08:05 PM

17The Razzi kit looks good, and from their site; it's made of "AERO-FLEX Thermoset, Co-extruded ABS Composite Plastic Material."
http://www.razzi.com/product.php?make_id=24&model_id=106&year=2008&type_id=1&product_id=1275 If the dual exhaust look with a fake second exhaust port doesn't bother you. I personally like it.

xDizzle
06-06-2009, 11:12 AM
i prefer to get a lip kit than a whole body kit but thats just me

SciFion
06-06-2009, 03:56 PM
Razzi has all the different pieces available as seperates, you just get a better deal with the whole kit.

TheLittleDeviant
06-16-2009, 09:46 PM
I am running the GT kit. I love how it looks and as for the comment about duraflex being the same thing as fiberglass.... not even a little, I have had 2 incidents with the front bumper already, both times the kit was perfect (although the paint was not), and these were not small hits, one was a railroad track that made my car stop moving (I was trying to roll over them and hit them and the car stopped) the other was a boulder 12 inches in diameter in the middle of the highway (hit the front end, went under the car and lifted the rear end as it exited out the back of the car) unfortunately the rear end bottomed out and cracked, but the fact that the front end took the brunt of the force speaks volumes as to how well it stands up...

as for fitment, well not so much, the back bumper was clearly designed wrong and was waaaay to wide to mount with out cutting and reglassing, and the passenger side skirt had a weird dent in it... Of course the body shop took care of the issues, so it fits perfectly now, but it definitely could have been better straight from ED...

newagestar
07-06-2009, 11:04 PM
i trust only ait racing

xDevint
07-07-2009, 06:20 PM
A guy i know has the El Presidente kit and it cracked on him when he drove down to exposed.

newagestar
07-10-2009, 12:56 PM
What did he hit?pot hole , crap on the road . I know in so cal you have to watch for junk on the hwys. No kit just cracks

katchkillah
07-18-2009, 07:00 PM
....fabulous kit for the xB. they are all fiberglass, ..... and the fitment is all off. i would stay away from the kit.

those were probably knock-off fabulous kits. we have a few in hawaii that had no problems till they wasn't watching where they were driving and cracked um.

And it is overpriced in my opinion. just paying for the name.

but if i can do the install myself without any rework that's worth it to me. then buy a cheaper kit, spend more for labor to MAKE it fit. but that's just me. i'll rather spend on something i know will fit and not have to murder things to make it work and if you hit the curb look it don't crack. lol.

misformartin
07-19-2009, 04:21 PM
yah the five axis is kit is more than the name.. its the best fitting kit aside from the damd kit... it fits like a glove... no work.. bolt on... exactly like kory said... and it wont shatter wen u hit something... very forgiving...

katchkillah
07-19-2009, 08:06 PM
and from the several installs here in hawaii, all those folks only paid was a paint shop to paint the kit and the rest was free labor. lol.

misformartin
07-19-2009, 08:45 PM
for sure... fyi the plant that manufactures the kaminari kits is the same that does the five axis kits... yah of the 12 or so that i have helped install it was all kace and all that was required was paint..

SnuGG
07-19-2009, 11:21 PM
Resolve, I'm getting the GT eventually.
LittleDeviant in the UK and Skillz in DFW have the 4 piece set.
I want to get the 5 piece... has a hood replacement that has scoops on it, the only pics are in CF though.
I can link you to the cheapest one I've found. Presidente is good but I'm going for the GT.
You know my situation though, no use in doing much now since I'll be gone for 3 years. LOL.

Resolve
07-24-2009, 04:43 PM
but if i can do the install myself without any rework that's worth it to me. then buy a cheaper kit, spend more for labor to MAKE it fit. but that's just me. i'll rather spend on something i know will fit and not have to murder things to make it work and if you hit the curb look it don't crack. lol.I meant was over priced for a lip kit. That's all the 5 axis kit is, is a lip kit and over a $1000 for just a lip kit is overpriced. If it was a full kit as in BUMPERS and SKIRTS then I could kinda see the price since it it 5 axis but not just for some skirts and pieces that attach to the stock bumpers.

TheLittleDeviant
07-29-2009, 11:08 AM
Resolve, I'm getting the GT eventually.
LittleDeviant in the UK and Skillz in DFW have the 4 piece set.
I want to get the 5 piece... has a hood replacement that has scoops on it, the only pics are in CF though.
I can link you to the cheapest one I've found. Presidente is good but I'm going for the GT.
You know my situation though, no use in doing much now since I'll be gone for 3 years. LOL.

LOL, Im not in the UK!

I live in MA! I didnt opt for the 5 piece cause I knew I was getting a CF hood, which I did get...

SnuGG
07-30-2009, 08:37 AM
Oh shit my bad I thought you were! :emotions122:

TheLittleDeviant
07-30-2009, 10:54 AM
LOL, nope, although I still feel like I am a million miles away from everyone... in my area, seeing another xD is a blessing... and everyone that I have seen is all stock...

SnuGG
07-30-2009, 08:21 PM
Hmmm... if it was on the way to MD I'd visit!! T_T