PDA

View Full Version : aftermarket steering questions!

XDLOL
01-08-2010, 07:15 PM
hi everybody i wanna change my steering wheel to a after market. There are few things that i am not sure. after install the aftermarket steering will the air bag light be on and is there are anything else would be affect by it??

TheLittleDeviant
01-11-2010, 08:57 AM
hi everybody i wanna change my steering wheel to a after market. There are few things that i am not sure. after install the aftermarket steering will the air bag light be on and is there are anything else would be affect by it??

well unless you remount the steering wheel audio controls, you will lose that functionality. I do not believe the airbag light will come on. I believe it was Luci, who is running the Aftermarket steering wheel and he never mentioned the airbag light.

XDLOL
01-11-2010, 10:48 PM
well i guess i will send a message to Luci to make sure the air bag light will not stay on. Thank you for help

Luc1f3r
02-04-2010, 12:47 AM
i answered the question but ill post here so future people know.

you WILL have the air bag light on. you can make it go off if you wire a resistor in line so that it thinks the airbag is off. or, you can put some black tape over the light, or you can ignore the light. i, ignore the light.

the light being on is an indication that a section is shut off. THE ONLY SECTION SHUT OFF IS THE ONE IN QUESTION. so for a wheel, the drive wheel will not try to deploy. if you swap seats and get a light, the seat bags will not try to deploy. the curtain and pass bags will function normal.

as for features lost, you will have to manually turn off the turn signal every time you turn, no way around this.

you will lose you horn, but most wheels come with the parts needed to wire the horn up. NOTE; with the xD, the way the wiring is done you have to keep the radio controls to have a functioning horn, i didnt really bother to figure out why i just wrapped it up in painters tape and put in under the dash.