PDA

View Full Version : I'm not much good at introductions...

Sapphyre
01-10-2010, 09:17 PM
sooo.... hi!

I'm a bit lost around here. I know absolutely nothing about Scions. lol. I drive a Corolla at the moment, and I had a Jetta before that. Wouldn't mind a tC one day, but that'll have to be after I've run the corolla into the ground. (I hate it with a fiery passion, but I'm not in a position to get rid of it.)

Anyway, I talked FlashGorden into joining a honda forum I'm on (where I permanently reside in the off topic section) and I figured I'd join here in return, just to even the score.

Any questions, feel free to ask.
I don't bite...

... hard.

FlashGorden
01-10-2010, 10:12 PM
LIES!!!!!!

You bite hard... Just not as hard as some of us. LOL.

Sapphyre
01-10-2010, 10:22 PM
no... i superficially bite then pull back allowing the skin to run between my teeth- hence the shallow bruises. You just bite into muscle and press down so that the bruises last for at least 2 weeks! :-P

TheLittleDeviant
01-11-2010, 09:21 AM
Holy crap.... Welcome to the forums :)

So you ready for the good news?????????

The corolla and the xD share the same engnie, tranny, and most features... sooooooooo you are amongst family :D

BTW, I'm not a huge fan of biting... but if you want me to pull hair... well... nevermind...
Welcome to the forums, Lexi

SciFion
01-11-2010, 09:26 AM
Welcome to the forum! :hands:

TIKI
01-11-2010, 09:33 AM
Welcome

Sapphyre
01-11-2010, 04:22 PM
yay! thanks for the warm welcome- it's definitely appreciated. :)

Ted- good to know! I knew there had to be some similarities, but I wasn't sure how far they went. perhaps i might start liking the corolla a bit more now. lol. (i doubt it. thing doesn't even hit 55 without having my foot to the floor- and that's even with a new engine in it!)

TheLittleDeviant
01-12-2010, 08:50 AM
What year Rolla do you have?

Sapphyre
01-12-2010, 10:19 AM
it's a '94... 180k+ miles on it, but like I said earlier, it got a new engine about 2 years ago when I deliberately tried to kill it by not fixing the oil leak/topping up the oil. Unfortunately, my plan for getting a new car if that one was dead didn't work. (hey, it worked last time- that's how I got my Jetta!!) And, to top it off- it's that hideous champagne color, so it looks like the other 50 corollla's that are parked in any given parking lot!

TheLittleDeviant
01-12-2010, 12:30 PM
ooooohhhhhh, a 94... yea, no, we dont share the same engine/tranny... BUT, if you pretend we do to all your non car orientated friends, they wont know... LOL

Sapphyre
01-12-2010, 01:05 PM
lol. I don't think most of my non-car oriented friends care one way or the other... after all, they all drive SUV's & trucks. The rest of them are all into hondas- hence being on a honda forum. :) I have a feeling I'll probably be spending a lot of time helping Gorden with his xD. Apparently, I awoke a monster. lol

TheLittleDeviant
01-12-2010, 03:32 PM
LOL, they may not care, but you can fool them easily. I mean come on, why would innocent Lexi lie?

And where is Gorden?

Sapphyre
01-12-2010, 03:44 PM
oh yes... I'm just oh so innocent! trust me- the horns are ONLY there to keep the halo up. I swear!!

He's probably at work at the moment. Though, he's been on the honda forum a fair bit today... so he's probably researching and coming up with ideas for more mods. I won't see him till he gets home this weekend though. :(

TheLittleDeviant
01-12-2010, 03:50 PM
Are you modding the Rolla? building twins with Gorden???

That would be pimp.

Sapphyre
01-12-2010, 04:01 PM
hell naw. it's not worth the time or the money. the car's not even worth the $2k that it was purchased for. Now, gimme a Jetta and I'll set about on it! (sorry. I'm still in love with my old Jetta. I only sold her because I was moving back to England for a year.)

the closest to mod's I've got is an aftermarket head unit and back speakers... and I only just had those put in last week after 2 years of having the car.

FlashGorden
01-12-2010, 08:36 PM
I've told her to go with an xD if she goes for a new car. However she's sweating the tC rather hard. As long as it's working and not blowing up I don't really care what she drives. I will stab her if she goes with a BMW though.

And the monster is mostly to my wallet... Gotta get that money first. Then pay the bills I already have. Then I can play with my car.

Sapphyre
01-12-2010, 10:00 PM
ugh. you know my feelings on bmw's and mercedes. some of the most pompous & overused cars ever. Why would I want to drive the same car, EVERY. OTHER. BUSINESSMAN has?

I will admit, I am slightly partial to the tC, but I haven't driven one yet- once I get a chance to drive one, then I'll make up my mind. But, my heart does still lay with jettas... and 1970 dusters. And i did rather enjoy the Pathfinder, for the all of few months I had it.

TheLittleDeviant
01-12-2010, 10:14 PM
tC's are nice, my sister owned one. Personally I am waiting on the 2011 tC to be released, as the time is slowly getting to start a new project car. What's crappy is that I will have to get rid of one of my babies. There won't be enough room to house 3 cars...