PDA

View Full Version : wanted 8"sub and amp...

JJGeneral1
01-12-2010, 09:08 AM
that will fit under the passenger seat. i'm getting rid of my current 12" box in the hatch (i need the space).

so if anyone knows a good type or anything, i'll take suggestions. but only need an 8"

TheLittleDeviant
01-12-2010, 09:20 AM
I am partial to alpine subwoofers myself. I dont know the brand but I have seen some subs that are almost flat, the basket on them are super small and they still produce decent sound, something like that would be your best bet.

JDMJim
01-12-2010, 10:59 AM
I have a Polk Momo 8 in my xB and a JL 8W0 in the tC. what about doing fiberglass in the side of the hatch? my wife's car with the JL hits hard! we use a JL6 channel in her car. it's a freakin rock concert on wheels

JJGeneral1
01-12-2010, 08:59 PM
I have a Polk Momo 8 in my xB and a JL 8W0 in the tC. what about doing fiberglass in the side of the hatch? my wife's car with the JL hits hard! we use a JL6 channel in her car. it's a freakin rock concert on wheels

i'd be tempted to, if i knew how. mount the amp near it and mount my 12 in the hatch. but that still takes up hatch space for my firefighting/emergency gear.

JDMJim
01-13-2010, 11:23 AM
that's we did the 8 in the side panel in the tC. it's behind the right taillight( bolted to car fro those trolls that might want to steal it.) my wife packs the hatch for work, so she needed the space too. I have seen another idea in an xD with a couple flat mount subs. it had a "rack" built across the hatch. kinda like a hatch cover with subs in it.

doing fiberglass isn;t that bad. just a little time consuming. use masking tape to create layers in the area in which you wish to put the sub. brush the resin over the tape( use lots of tape!!) and let it sit for a day. then you will have a bowl to start. you'll need a mounting ring for whatever sub you wish to use and make /mount the jig to the bowl. from there, lay the fiberglass over the frame/bowl and brush resin over it. like doing plaster/ paper mache. from there, let it sit for a couple days to harden. then smooth it with some bondo and carpet it.

TheLittleDeviant
01-13-2010, 01:11 PM
Jim is right, fiberglass is easy to work with. I have used it plenty of times to make all sorts of things, like gauge pods, sub boxes, custom interior pieces, spoilers, etc...

greevedogg
01-13-2010, 10:50 PM
i have an older bazooka tube 8" and sony amp--i think its a 250w lying around from when i pulled it out of my 4runner before i sold it. i'm not doing anything with em. hit me up if you want em.

JJGeneral1
01-14-2010, 08:47 AM
i have an older bazooka tube 8" and sony amp--i think its a 250w lying around from when i pulled it out of my 4runner before i sold it. i'm not doing anything with em. hit me up if you want em.

depends what the dimensions are. if it fits under the xD passenger seat, then we're good to go

JDMJim
01-15-2010, 02:22 PM
only prob i have with subs under seats i how they buzz your ass.....unatural bass reproduction

rage
01-21-2010, 07:24 PM
i'll have to get you pics of what i have in my trunk... i fiberglassed the sub to the passenger side area.. recut the floor with the amp mounted to it.. and still have access to my spare tire..

JJGeneral1
01-21-2010, 09:00 PM
i don't want anything in the back. that's for my emergency equipment i'm a firefighter (the gear/flares/road cones gotta go somewhere).

so i'm trying to max out available space.

JDMJim
01-22-2010, 11:24 AM
come to think of it, there isn't alot of space for even an 8 under the seat.

TheLittleDeviant
01-22-2010, 11:30 AM
^^ not a ton of room, but, doable...

JJGeneral1
01-22-2010, 03:32 PM
this'll fit... http://www.amazon.com/Boss-BASS600-Low-Profile-Amplified-Subwoofer/dp/B000OSZA44/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=automotive&qid=1264177574&sr=1-1

TheLittleDeviant
01-22-2010, 03:37 PM
^^^ Nice! I might look into this as well.