PDA

View Full Version : xD & Yaris Suspension Pieces

SciFion
01-21-2010, 09:02 PM
I found some sway bars and suspension braces for Yaris on YarisWorld.com. Can anyone confirm or exclude them from working on the xD? I have heard that the Yaris hatchback uses the same set-up underneath as the xD. Anyone in the know on this? :boxed:

YELOSUB
01-21-2010, 09:27 PM
I have also heard the same thing...I am running the Tanabe DF210's springs for the Yaris because I found them at microimage for much cheaper than anywhere else and was told they work for the xD...I have been running them for awhile now with ZERO problems and as a matter of fact, the part number is the same (yaris or xD)...

SciFion
01-21-2010, 09:34 PM
Here's the link for these very interesting pieces. > http://www.vividracing.com/catalog/gtspec-rear-sway-link-brace-toyota-yaris-07-p-47147.html

Cylon_xD
01-21-2010, 11:33 PM
I have also heard the same thing...I am running the Tanabe DF210's springs for the Yaris because I found them at microimage for much cheaper than anywhere else and was told they work for the xD...I have been running them for awhile now with ZERO problems and as a matter of fact, the part number is the same (yaris or xD)...

Ja, there is no different set of DF210's for the Yaris and the xD - they ARE the same springs, same part number, same spring stiffness... They just give a lower drop for the xD because it's heavier than the Yaris...

SciFion
01-22-2010, 12:40 AM
I know the DF210s specified for the Yaris work on the xD, and that the D will sit lower because the xD is heavier. Will these other suspension pieces fit and work on the xD?

misformartin
01-22-2010, 02:15 AM
depends on what parts... the rear strut bar and coilovers will fit aswell, from strut bar and some bracing parts what exactly are you looking at getting?

TheLittleDeviant
01-22-2010, 08:41 AM
The Yaris front, mid and rear underbrace will fit on the xD, that I know for sure

but I am not sure on the sway brace you posted a link to...

Try it, if it doesnt fit return it or sell it to a Yaris owner...

SciFion
01-22-2010, 09:34 AM
depends on what parts... the rear strut bar and coilovers will fit aswell, from strut bar and some bracing parts what exactly are you looking at getting?

Martin, I'm looking to improve the handling in a fairly inexpensive way. Those braces intrigued me and seemed like they might be an answer. This stuff will come after my wheels/tires, but are always on my mind. Can't help but wonder why these kind of parts are not advertised for the xD, since if they fit, one would think the manufacturers would also pump them to our market too.

My car already handles nicely the way it is, but having TRD lowering springs only does so much. Seems like there is room to improve the way it sets just as you turn in, and drive through the corners. I am aware that pricey coilovers will probably be the best answer, but for now are out of my range.

Just happened to spot them and wanted to share these things and get some feed back.

TheLittleDeviant
01-22-2010, 11:27 AM
Yea so far everything I have researched says we are good to use all the underbraces that the yaris uses. I would think, but am not 100% sure, that the rear upper strut tower bar would work as well, we already know the Tanabe front upper works as I have one, plus the TRD rear lower sway bar. Like I said try them out and let us know, worse case scenario is to return or sell

misformartin
01-22-2010, 06:22 PM
i really wouldnt say all of them bolt up... a majority probably will but just because we share the same chassis doesnt mean that all the bolt holes will be exactly the same...
get a thick 23mm ultra racing rear sway bar and go from there... my next mod will more than likely be the ultra racing side bracing so i will let you all know if they bolt up or not... also from what i have read from the yaris forums is that the upper / lower rear strut bars do nothing for the car as far as stiffness... .but who knows to each his own and happy modding : )