PDA

View Full Version : custom xb gauages

newagestar
01-24-2010, 03:31 PM
jason finally finished my gauage faces their all 3 avilable now at his site heres how they turned out
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v224/newagestar/customxdguages.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v224/newagestar/customxdguages2.jpg

TheLittleDeviant
01-25-2010, 09:47 AM
NO SHIT!!??!?!?!?!

I am placing my order now.

edit: hmmm.... I dont see them on the site...

SciFion
01-25-2010, 11:01 AM
Can they make them in orange? :signs6:

TheLittleDeviant
01-25-2010, 12:32 PM
Check out the site, he has a bunch of different styles.

SciFion
01-25-2010, 12:47 PM
I checked it out. If they have the three gauge face set-up in the orange flames that they show, I would want that fo sho- http://www.customxbgauges.com/images/xDReal%20FlamesOrange.jpg But I only saw the speedo/tach plate so need to find out if they do custom stuff.

These knob faces in the orange flames to go with it would be sweet! http://www.customxbgauges.com/images/ACxDfireskullgreen.jpg

newagestar
01-25-2010, 02:58 PM
hit jason up on myspace i think its myspace/customxbgauges.com

Shaggy
01-25-2010, 04:19 PM
Get him here SciFion so he can be a vendor here as I think he may do well here.

newagestar
01-25-2010, 06:31 PM
ill give him a call and let him know you guy want him .ill also see him on friday

just got off the phone with him hes going to come check out the site

SciFion
01-25-2010, 08:50 PM
Cool. I sent those guys an e-mail asking about a custom 3 pc. gauge set in Orange Flames, and a 3pc. ac/heater control bezel set in Orange Flames as well. The stuff they are creating over there is pretty cool and they will no doubt do well here.

scvscions
01-26-2010, 12:15 PM
^^^I'm making a proof for you right now

side note: can one of the admins send me a pm about preferred vendor. I just have a few questions first. I saw the link up top.

TheLittleDeviant
01-26-2010, 12:34 PM
^^^PM Sent

SciFion
02-01-2010, 12:20 PM
I ordered the 3 pc. face plate set in Orange Flames, and will order the 3 pc. A/C knob faces they created in Orange Flames next week.

Was wondering how easy/difficult the install was.

http://www.customxbgauges.com/images/xDReal%20FlamesOrange.jpg

http://www.customxbgauges.com/images/xDSrealfireskullsorange.jpg

http://www.customxbgauges.com/images/ACxDfireskullorange.jpg

Zstamp19
02-01-2010, 12:37 PM
Those are sweet I need them

scvscions
02-01-2010, 02:19 PM
The hardest part of the install is getting the needles set to the correct height. I'm working on getting videos made up of everything. I got to get Newagestar back over again and get that done, along with a few other projects I have for the xD.

SciFion
02-01-2010, 02:22 PM
The hardest part of the install is getting the needles set to the correct height. I'm working on getting videos made up of everything. I got to get Newagestar back over again and get that done, along with a few other projects I have for the xD.

That would be awesome, seems sort of tricky to get through all the stages of the install, and being able to see it on video would be very educational for this.

Zstamp19
02-01-2010, 05:24 PM
Are you guys still making new designs? I like your designs just wondering about different designs

SciFion
02-01-2010, 06:00 PM
Are you guys still making new designs? I like your designs just wondering about different designs

They do make custom designs for you, they did it for me and if you go to the site and select side gauges you will see the notation there about this. You simply click on "contact Us' and send them an e-mail outlining what you want and they make it happen!

Great service and innovation. I asked them to make the Orange Flames side pieces and they did. Same with the 3 pc A/C bezel set, they made them up!

Here's a link to the side pieces which shows the note about custom stuff. >
http://www.customxbgauges.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=21_334

Zstamp19
02-01-2010, 06:50 PM
Thanks mike I will check that out

newagestar
02-01-2010, 07:29 PM
install of face are really simple the two sides go over the factory ones you can remove the factory ones but the lighting looks cleaner with them on iv tryed both ways. the speedo is easy but take your time removing the needles not to brake the pins they slide on

SciFion
02-01-2010, 08:12 PM
install of face are really simple the two sides go over the factory ones you can remove the factory ones but the lighting looks cleaner with them on iv tryed both ways. the speedo is easy but take your time removing the needles not to brake the pins they slide on

Thanks for the tips Jason. They also said they were going to do a video install, probably on yours. Any info on this is appreciated as I 'd hate to mess up those speedo/tach needles. :boxed:

Those are sweet I need them

What design are you thinking of Zach?

Zstamp19
02-01-2010, 10:53 PM
What design are you thinking of Zach?[/QUOTE]

I'm not really sure just yet I'm going to have to think something up kinda original I don't want to look like everyone else

CXTKRS1
02-02-2010, 02:02 PM
Can they make them in orange? :signs6:

I'd take some in white plz.

1sweetxd
04-29-2011, 07:25 AM
I ordered the 3 pc. face plate set in Orange Flames, and will order the 3 pc. A/C knob faces they created in Orange Flames next week.

Was wondering how easy/difficult the install was.

http://www.customxbgauges.com/images/xDReal%20FlamesOrange.jpg

http://www.customxbgauges.com/images/xDSrealfireskullsorange.jpg

http://www.customxbgauges.com/images/ACxDfireskullorange.jpg

i just ordered this set in Green. shouldn't take long to install. gonna look sweet. glad to finally get something on the inside.

1sweetxd
05-16-2011, 12:29 PM
this is what i got accomplished this past weekend. got all my new green gauges put in along with a new shift knob and some billet pedals. for just a little bit of cash, it made a BIG difference on the interior of my ride. now next to paint.

simmons0613
05-16-2011, 12:57 PM
how do you replace the A/C ones?

1sweetxd
05-16-2011, 01:30 PM
actually, they are just 3 pieces of plastic that are cut to fit. there is a tiny gap around the edge of the knob. you gotta kinda bend the plastic piece very slightly to get the edge of the plastic to go under the edge on the knob. if that makes sense. the only problem with the ac ones i have so far, is that there isn't any adhesive or anything on them. so they turn with the knob when you move the knob. i probably will have to remove them and put my own adhesive so they stay in place.

simmons0613
05-16-2011, 02:10 PM
ohh, ok I was wondering how it worked.

simmons0613
06-02-2011, 02:55 PM
how do you remove the needles in the cluster?

1sweetxd
06-03-2011, 11:08 AM
2 screws hold the cluster in place. remove them and the whole gauge panel comes out. take the plastic cover off the needles. the needles themselves just pull off. it seems like they are on there really good, but give them a firm little pull and they come right off. then put the new gauges on and re install the needles in the same position they were in. it was really a pretty simple install. only took about 10 minutes.

simmons0613
06-03-2011, 04:21 PM
ok so when I put my guages back together they moved and are not off, They are 10 mph slow and 500 rpms low. I tried adjusting them and they work until I shut the car off for more than 5 minutes then they move right back. Heres some pics. What do you guys think?

1sweetxd
06-03-2011, 05:02 PM
man, im not sure. mine work fine. when my car is turned off and the needles are in the off position, there is a point where they won't move any further back. i took them off when the car was off and put them back on in the exact same position i took them off. i made sure to make sure they were at that "stopping" point so i knew they were in the same position. im not sure what the deal is with yours. maybe mine was a little different being that it is a 2011. kinda hard to tell without being there in person. sorry

simmons0613
06-03-2011, 11:26 PM
thanks for the advise though, I removed the plastic "window" so that I can adjust them when I start the car so they are accurate but its already getting old.

TexXBox
06-03-2011, 11:36 PM
If I remember correctly from when I did mine, the needles do have a mechanical stop inside the gauge. I gently put my needles on just a little bit, reading higher than zero and then gently pushed them back to where I wanted them to ensure that the gauge was on the stop at rest. Once they were lined up correctly I pushed them the rest of the way down. You will feel the stop I'm talking about if you gently turn the needle backwards relative to the gauge. That is the zero position. Set the needle to match.

Hope this helps.

simmons0613
06-03-2011, 11:43 PM
I've tried that. But my problem is when I unplug the right wire from the cluster it will make the needles go all the way down. Its hard to explain, I may post a video in the morning.

TexXBox
06-03-2011, 11:47 PM
You have to do it with the key OFF. NO power to the cluster. I do it when I am putting the whole thing back together before I put it in the car. If the gauge has power to it, it does not rest fully on the stop.

At least it is easy to try with the lens off. :)

Good luck.

simmons0613
06-03-2011, 11:50 PM
thanks again, I will post when I get this working again. Hopefully I dont have to go to the dealership.

TexXBox
06-03-2011, 11:51 PM
No prob. You should be able to sort it out pretty easily once you get a handle on it. No dealership needed. Plus, they would probably tell you that you effed up your cluster and try to sell you a new one. :)

simmons0613
06-03-2011, 11:52 PM
the clusters are registered to the car as well so its not going to be cheap

1sweetxd
06-04-2011, 08:54 AM
like texx said. i took my needles off and put them back on with the cluster in my lap. no power at all to it. that way you can gauge the position by the mechanical stop in the cluster. once they are in the right place then put your cluster back together. once it's all plugged in and back together, in theory, they should work fine.

good luck with it bro. i would definitely exhaust all options before going to the dealership.

simmons0613
06-04-2011, 09:29 AM
well I've tried this yesterday and no dice, but it will work as long as the car isn't turned off for more than 5 minutes. I tried it again this morning before I left for work so I will check it when I get the chance an hopefully it hasnt moved. I did feel the stops you guys where talking about but we will see.

---------- Post added at 10:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:05 AM ----------

I just went out and checked the needles and they have moved back down again. Last time I saw them they were in the correct posistion so I dont know whats going on with them

simmons0613
06-04-2011, 02:40 PM
I got it! :party33: :drunk: It took me about an hour of very and I mean very fine tuning on the needles to figure out where that tiny ass metal "needle" that they slide on stops. And to try and slide them back on with out turning them.

TexXBox
06-04-2011, 08:31 PM
I knew you could do it. Now that you have done it, it will be much easier next time should the need arise.

:party28:

simmons0613
06-04-2011, 10:46 PM
oh ya! it was such a pain in the ass