PDA

View Full Version : For those that have added performance mods to the xD...

CXTKRS1
01-28-2010, 04:35 PM
how have the cars responded to bolt ons? I have considered adding a CAI and exhaust to my xD but I do not want to spend the money if all I'm going to get is a change in engine notes.

JDMJim
01-28-2010, 07:30 PM
you don't need to spend anymore than $30 for an intake. the 1.8 repsinds very well to intake modifications. i just have a cone filter on the MAF and viola! worth every penny. i saw a dyno of a before and after doing that and that particular car gained around 7/10 ft/lbs of torque and like 7 hp. his HP/trq numbers were almost the same. not sure of exhaust stuff. i've seen no hard evidence yet

TheLittleDeviant
01-29-2010, 09:36 AM
not many have dyno's the D yet... so your going off of butt dyno results... But for me with the intake and exhaust it does feel quicker than stock...

ohcrap
07-14-2010, 02:23 PM
Intake + exhaust may only equal a little more power but you'll be surprised how much more fun it is to drive. Sport springs also make a huge difference in the fun-factor.

However, my advice, just do intake and axle-back. A full custom catback is expensive, negligible power increase over axle-back (on our car), and annoyingly loud!

TexXBox
07-14-2010, 11:11 PM
Strup has an axle back for the xD that I have heard good things about. If not a horsepower increase at least a gas mileage increase and a very sweet exhaust note if the clips are accurate.

I plan to do some airbox mods on my xD. A K&N filter and a few strategic holes in the filter housing made a noticeable difference in the throttle response on my gen 1 xB and was cheap.

XDevolution
11-02-2010, 09:37 PM
I actually used those spectre parts from auto zone and made my own custom intake for the car. The only situation I ran into was pipe diameter. Our throttle body works best with 2.5 inch piping diameter. What I did was remount the maf closer to the throttle body with a coupler followed by coupling an 8 inch 22 degree elbow pipe. I have a k n n cone filter 3 inch diameter. So my intake closely resembles those of hiprospeed. The only difference is the fact that I have an aftermarket 3 inch diameter pipe coupled to the stock maf mount pipe of 2.5 inch diameter. I feel a huge difference in throttle response, take off, and definetly a benefit for mpg's I gaind about 3 mpg's on average since I installed it. I spent about $55 at max for all that. That's 2 couplers, 1, 22 degree bend pipe and a filter of your choice. I recommend fitting a 3 inch coupler extremely tight to the throttle body, the 2.5 inch one will just slide right off. But good luck with your car :D

Mak_Ancemo
12-26-2010, 03:56 PM
im pretty sure that those are other maggots. its what ive always thought lol