PDA

View Full Version : wiper blades replacement

jeff618
02-03-2010, 03:28 PM
:) This has been a headache for me for a while so I'm assuming it may be a headache for others... I finally found the new-style frameless wipers for the Scion xD without having to go back to the dealer. Most aftermarket brands don't make a 14" in the new-style that fits the passenger side. The 'Trico NeoForm Beam Blade' is the ONLY one that comes in the 14" as well as 26" for the driver side. Came with removal and replacement instructions - easy install. They work great and look awesome. Got them online.

Hope this helps others...

CXTKRS1
02-05-2010, 12:08 AM
Here it is best to go with the cheaper blades and just replace them often. No matter what kind of blade you get the Louisiana sun/heat will eat it up. So I will probably just keep using the stock blades.

jeff618
03-25-2010, 04:08 PM
:) This has been a headache for me for a while so I'm assuming it may be a headache for others... I finally found the new-style frameless wipers for the Scion xD without having to go back to the dealer. Most aftermarket brands don't make a 14" in the new-style that fits the passenger side. The 'Trico NeoForm Beam Blade' is the ONLY one that comes in the 14" as well as 26" for the driver side. Came with removal and replacement instructions - easy install. They work great and look awesome. Got them online.

Hope this helps others...

As a follow-up to my post above, I just got an email from wipers123.com and Trico has a $15 rebate on NeoForms through 5/15/10. They also sent me an additional $5 instant coupon "springreturningcustomer" (orders over $30) not sure when it expires... Godspeed

:gathering:

bobolinko
03-26-2010, 01:43 PM
As a follow-up to my post above, I just got an email from wipers123.com and Trico has a $15 rebate on NeoForms through 5/15/10. They also sent me an additional $5 instant coupon "springreturningcustomer" (orders over $30) not sure when it expires... Godspeed

:gathering:

Sounds and looks really good till you hit the checkout and they want $27 for shipping! Sorry folks, but in my book I feel that's a rip-off. Kinda like I'll give you a 20% discount on a 100% jacked up price...... :shakehead: That's just my opinion, though. Others might not feel that way.

KILLA XD
03-26-2010, 10:47 PM
I need some new wipers too

Cylon_xD
03-27-2010, 11:44 AM
There's quite a few sellers on eBay now selling pairs of the low-profile one-piece wipers for the xD, both the 14 and 26 inch together, for a decent price... here's one seller's buy-it-now for $10 plus $10 shipping, so $20 for the pair... Aero, don't know the quality of them..

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/SCION-TC-XA-XB-XD-2004-2009-Windshield-Wiper-Blades_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem3a58e7c2baQQitem Z250599686842QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fA ccessories