PDA

View Full Version : seat belt ding

09XD
02-04-2010, 11:14 AM
is there a way to turn off the beeping noise you get when you or your passanger isnt wearing a seatbelt.. i know in dodge trucks if you turn the key and click the seatbelt in a certain combation it will dissable the sound. of course the light in the dash will still blink, but that doesnt bother me.. just the beeping.. :(

does anyone know how or have done it already

Indemnity83
02-04-2010, 02:31 PM
In the tC you could do this little song and dance to disable the beeping, it might work on the xD too.

Set the LCD on the combination meter to the ODO display.
Press and hold the TRIP meter reset knob for ten seconds or more within six seconds of turning the ignition switch to the ON position.
Fastening the driver's seat belt while holding the knob cancels the buzzer reminder. When this occurs, the LCD displays 'b-OFF'.

When in this mode, the buzzer reminder can be switched between ON and OFF each time the TRIP meter reset knob is pressed. The LCD displays 'b-ON' or 'b-OFF' according to the buzzer reminder ON/OFF status. The display changes to the ODO or TRIP meter if the knob is not pressed for ten seconds.

Performing the steps again when the buzzer reminder is off exits cancel mode. The cancel mode will also exit when the battery or combination meter connector is reconnected.

JJGeneral1
02-04-2010, 04:21 PM
In the tC you could do this little song and dance to disable the beeping, it might work on the xD too.

Set the LCD on the combination meter to the ODO display.
Press and hold the TRIP meter reset knob for ten seconds or more within six seconds of turning the ignition switch to the ON position.
Fastening the driver's seat belt while holding the knob cancels the buzzer reminder. When this occurs, the LCD displays 'b-OFF'.

When in this mode, the buzzer reminder can be switched between ON and OFF each time the TRIP meter reset knob is pressed. The LCD displays 'b-ON' or 'b-OFF' according to the buzzer reminder ON/OFF status. The display changes to the ODO or TRIP meter if the knob is not pressed for ten seconds.

Performing the steps again when the buzzer reminder is off exits cancel mode. The cancel mode will also exit when the battery or combination meter connector is reconnected.

nope, in the xD, all that does is turn a setting labeled "s-on" to "s-off". what that does is turn off the "self check" of the speedometer and tachometer going all the way up and back down when you start the car.

so far, no one has found a way except having the dealer disable it, or cutting wires.

greevedogg
02-04-2010, 05:39 PM
i had the dealership turn it off on my passenger side, kept the drivers side on to make me buckle.....which still is annoying for the times that i don't want to buckle up

JDMJim
02-05-2010, 12:44 PM
buckle up, it's the law. otherwise don't put stuff in the pass seat

09XD
02-06-2010, 02:23 AM
i had the dealership turn it off on my passenger side, kept the drivers side on to make me buckle.....which still is annoying for the times that i don't want to buckle up

see thats one of my biggies... when i put too much weight in the pass seat the stupid buzzer goes off forever....

JDMJim
02-07-2010, 12:27 PM
don't put HEAVY stuff in the pass seat

as i sorta posted above

Cylon_xD
02-07-2010, 08:16 PM
Well, in my case, I drive with my right hand resting on the edge of the passenger seat a lot - I basically use the seat as an "armrest", so to speak... so everytime I go around a left curve or corner, I end up leaning on the seat with enough weight to set off the dang dinger for the passenger seat. Really annoying!

JDMJim
02-07-2010, 08:40 PM
when i go around corners, i have both hands on the wheel, well aggressively anyway. usually starting at 9:30 and 2:30. that spirited position

TheLittleDeviant
02-08-2010, 09:42 AM
when i go around corners, i have both hands on the wheel, well aggressively anyway. usually starting at 9:30 and 2:30. that spirited position

right where the little thumb dimples are in the steering wheel... :hands:
thats the hot spot...
http://image.srtforums.com/srtforums/images/smilies/drive.gif

Luc1f3r
02-08-2010, 10:51 AM
im pretty sure this topic has been covered before... :sigh:

the tC ding turnoff DOES NOT WORK on the xD.

the only way to turn it off is to take your car to a dealer who has "Toyota Talk" (it is the computer diag system) any toyota dealer should have this.

you then ask them to turn off the ding.

this will turn it off for both seats

this is considered "tampering with a safety device" and is HIGHLY illegal

no dealer who wants to keep the toyota name on their sales floor will be willing to do this for you.

THE END.

---------- Post added at 10:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:47 AM ----------

see thats one of my biggies... when i put too much weight in the pass seat the stupid buzzer goes off forever....

its not forever, its 30 seconds then its done until the car is turned off, same with driver side, only dings for 30 seconds.

---------- Post added at 10:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:49 AM ----------

buckle up, it's the law. otherwise don't put stuff in the pass seat

but my stereo takes up my cargo space.
cleaning supplies and random junk take up my back seat
im not putting my camera bag in my basket
the passenger seat is the only place for my camera bag...

the weight of a 13" macbook, a few flash drives and HDDs, nikon d60 and 3 lenses and random cables and such in a backpack sets off the stupid f'ing dinger... its a bit ridiculous.

Cylon_xD
02-08-2010, 04:57 PM

Well, I'm a one handed driver all the way... lol! :bleh: -AND I don't ever wear my seatbelt either, heheh...

I believe the dinger module itself is actually mounted to the guage cluster board, so whenever you decide to do your LED swap out, just unsolder the dinger from the board while you have it out... :)

JJGeneral1
02-09-2010, 07:39 PM
the dinger ding's 8 "long" times, then 50 short times, then off.

Cylon_xD
02-09-2010, 09:14 PM
yep, and every time I go around another left-hand curve in the road, and my right hand pushes down ever-so-slightly on the passenger seat, all 58 of those damn dings start going again - until I lift my hand up for a few seconds and put it back down... what a pain in the arse on all the curvy back roads in my area...! :mad3:

JJGeneral1
02-10-2010, 08:56 AM
yep, and every time I go around another left-hand curve in the road, and my right hand pushes down ever-so-slightly on the passenger seat, all 58 of those damn dings start going again - until I lift my hand up for a few seconds and put it back down... what a pain in the arse on all the curvy back roads in my area...! :mad3:

hey troy, there was a fire by you the other day. i saw the page from my pennsylvania paging group. how far was that from you?

Cylon_xD
02-10-2010, 08:59 AM
Well heck, I didn't hear about any fire, because all the local news seems to be completely about the snow storms, they're not even reporting about anything else...

JJGeneral1
02-10-2010, 03:55 PM
yeah troy, it was Feb 8th, and at about 6:30. north main and danner alley.

x2cafn8dx
03-11-2010, 07:49 PM
my dog weighs 54 lbs.. she jumps up front and sets off the beep, but she doesn't weigh enough to turn the airbag sensor on lol. I just leave the seatbelt clipped on long road trips when she will sit up front. Then it looks a little something like this:

http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q117/iheartchocobos7/Cinderbelted.jpg

JJGeneral1
03-12-2010, 02:41 PM
is that safe if you *should* happen to wreck? i don't want anything to happen to her. she's cute.

bobolinko
05-02-2010, 05:49 PM
is there a way to turn off the beeping noise you get when you or your passanger isnt wearing a seatbelt.. i know in dodge trucks if you turn the key and click the seatbelt in a certain combation it will dissable the sound. of course the light in the dash will still blink, but that doesnt bother me.. just the beeping.. :(

does anyone know how or have done it already

Check this out:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/SEATBELT-CLIP-EXTENSION-3-EXTENDER-FITS-ALL-FAST-DEL-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem1c121f1739QQitemZ12056 3111737QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccesso ries

:mfr_omg:

Resolve
05-03-2010, 02:13 PM
Change your exhaust to a louder one and turn up your radio. If one does not drown out the beeping by itself to combination of both together will work.

---------- Post added at 03:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:10 PM ----------

Or you can do like someone I used to know and buckle the seat belt across the seat and then you seat in the seat and the seat belt is behind you. He never wore his seat belt but since it was always buckled (he never unbuckled it after buckling it the first time) the beeping reminder never went off.

iperez85
01-05-2011, 10:15 PM
if you want to turn off the seat belt ding, just go to the dealer and request that they turn it off for you. i am a tech at a toyota dealer and i turned off the ding with the plug-in computer that we use, as well as customized other functions in my '10 xd.

xd_kidd
01-05-2011, 10:18 PM
or you can always lose massive weight till the car wont notice lol

x2cafn8dx
01-06-2011, 10:29 AM
^^^ lol!

wooly willy
01-06-2011, 04:54 PM
Iperez, what other functions can be customized on the xD? Thanks!

iperez85
01-12-2011, 09:51 AM
anything that is controlled with computer, which is pretty much everything now a days, can be customized

simmons0613
03-22-2011, 12:23 PM
anything that is controlled with computer, which is pretty much everything now a days, can be customized

does this mean you can customize the beeping sound when you unlock the car? Please say yes! I want the transformers changing sound!

JDMJim
03-22-2011, 06:37 PM
you guys need this

http://www.affection-japan.jp/parts/swarocatch/index.html

Whack-A-Mole
03-24-2011, 03:19 AM
you guys need this

http://www.affection-japan.jp/parts/swarocatch/index.html

At risk of sounding like a redneck, but if that also opened beer bottles I would be sold!

JDMJim
03-24-2011, 08:35 AM
i thought about that...

bobolinko
05-17-2011, 02:49 PM
I just went to a junkyard to buy a toyota seatbelt clip, and the gent just gave it to me for free. Now when there is a package on the front seat, I plug in the belt-less clip and no dings. When there is a passenger, It still dings to remind them to buckle up... Simple, and the clip stores easily in my armrest when I don't need it.... Best of both worlds, and FREE. Can't beat that! :):)

simmons0613
05-17-2011, 04:48 PM
I just may have to do that myself. I never thought about going to the junk yard for one.

CXTKRS1
05-18-2011, 06:27 AM
Had mine turned off by the dealer.

simmons0613
05-18-2011, 08:53 AM
isnt that a "safety hazard"? most places around here refuse to do that.

xDTool
05-18-2011, 09:43 AM
if thats a safety hazard i wonder what they call all the guys with no bumpers, 0 or 1 working headlight/taillight, farm tractors on the highway, farm 18 wheelers driven b y 16 year olds, and the numerous other ridiculous things that happen on the roads here in louisiana... without the seatbelt ding, im gonna go out on a stretch and say we'll probably be o. k.

as for whether or not they'll do it, few places will, few places probably wont, depends on where you go and who ya know

simmons0613
05-18-2011, 10:40 AM
true, We dont have to worry tractors and farm equipment to much here. But the headlight thing is all to common.

Resolve
05-18-2011, 12:26 PM
if thats a safety hazard i wonder what they call all the guys with no bumpers, 0 or 1 working headlight/taillight, farm tractors on the highway, farm 18 wheelers driven b y 16 year olds, and the numerous other ridiculous things that happen on the roads here in louisiana... without the seatbelt ding, im gonna go out on a stretch and say we'll probably be o. k.

as for whether or not they'll do it, few places will, few places probably wont, depends on where you go and who ya knowSome of the roads themselves are "safety hazards". Just sayin.:laughing1:

xDTool
05-18-2011, 01:06 PM
Some of the roads themselves are "safety hazards". Just sayin.:laughing1:

my oil pan and suspension arms are very aware of this :(