PDA

View Full Version : Help with tire pressure sensors!

scirev
02-16-2010, 09:48 AM
The stock TPMS sensors don't work with my new wheels and tires (at least according to Toyota):emotions122::
American Racing Wheels (Dale Earnhardt Jr. Knuckle model) 18x7.5 with Toyo Proxes 4 225/40/18 tires. So, I had the wheels installed anyway, now what can I do? Should I just get new sensors and bring them in to have them installed, or just forget it altogether, they are rather expensive. I've owned several cars over the years and this is the first with sensors. How valuable are they to your driving experience? Thanks alot for your input! :insane:

TheLittleDeviant
02-16-2010, 10:19 AM
I didnt bother with the sensors in my xD... I just deal with the tpms light on... not a big deal at all... I swap out rims so much, it wasnt worth it to buy the sensors over and over or even pay for them to be swapped to every set of wheels I have run so far...

JDMJim
02-16-2010, 10:33 AM
you don't do anything about the TPMS.

easy unless you want to swap them off the stock wheels or buy some for an arm and a leg....

TheLittleDeviant
02-16-2010, 10:36 AM
the D looks awesome btw

Cylon_xD
02-16-2010, 01:23 PM
yeah, just install the wheels without the sensors, and if the idiot light on the dash bothers you, just stick a small piece of black electrical tape over the light so you can't see it, lol... everyone has driven cars for a hundred years without tire pressure sensors, so why do we need to start now? :)

scirev
02-16-2010, 08:46 PM
Thanks for the replies...I agree...what did we ever do before sensors?:boxed:LOL. I usually check my tires regularly anyway. Thanks again.