PDA

View Full Version : Foglights and Wing

misformartin
02-22-2010, 05:34 PM
So guys just thought i would do a little review on some parts that i got and installed already.. .first is the ebay wing from the spoiler store.
1. $110 came prepainted color match was spot on...for $110 bucks cannot be beat fitment is perfect paint was great and color was spot on. there have been some people say that not all the bolt holes lined up... i installed this by myself in about 30 minutes and all the bolts lined up fine...

2. i purchased the Scion Optimize fog light kit... these were a little bit more tricky to install than i had planned... there is some cutting involved to get the fogs to sit in the vents on the front bumper nothing a dremel cant handle... fogs fit perfectly and install was a breeze took total of about 1 1/2 hours to install as you have to remove the front bumper and what not... instructions are very easy to read and understand and light output is drastically increased, cant wait till my 6k hids come in should be pretty bright... : )

xDevint
02-22-2010, 06:49 PM
I like to add fog lights to mine but with it being a RS 1 the only ones to use would be the rectangle ones.

TheLittleDeviant
02-23-2010, 03:42 PM
I like to add fog lights to mine but with it being a RS 1 the only ones to use would be the rectangle ones.

you could try getting fancy with a dremel and putting rectangle shaped ones in one of the two slots

Luc1f3r
02-23-2010, 04:53 PM
cutting a $1000 lip for foglights? are you Nucking Futs?

misformartin
02-23-2010, 05:16 PM
good point that front lip from the dealer is like 970 or something haha... i wouldnt cut it out either..

JDMJim
02-24-2010, 12:43 PM
why not? guys in Japan cut up expensive bodykits all the time

xDTool
02-24-2010, 12:57 PM
or do something a little more unusual, a lot of people put fogs in those outer vents, what about the upper or lower grill? I guess the lower grill area wouldnt help much for cutting/drilling your lip kit, but the upper? would be almost mini cooper style there.

http://www.autotoys.com/pics/thumbs/t_piaa5430.jpg

Your car, your holes to cut etc, so really depends on what your willing to do, what kind of appearance you may be looking for and chances youre willing to take as far as placement, just takes the balls to go for it

Luc1f3r
02-24-2010, 12:58 PM
im just saying to cut the lip for some $20 fogs would be a bit asinine. if hes going to have some blazers poking out then it wouldnt be as bad.

TheLittleDeviant
02-24-2010, 03:20 PM
LOL, I guess I just have no fear... I am cutting up my front bumper to install a lip on it...

Luc1f3r
02-24-2010, 03:55 PM
lets be honest the OEM lip is more rare then your body kit. :p