PDA

View Full Version : Temporary fix - coil spring boosters

Cylon_xD
02-25-2010, 01:05 PM
Well, I've finally grown weary of my front tires scraping the wheel well liners going over every little bump or dip in the road, and now I have nice big holes worn through the liners along the lip of the well. So, as soon as there is a break in this snowy winter weather here in PA, I think I'm going to install some cheap rubber or aluminum spring spacers/boosters in the coils of my front springs to raise my drop up a bit. This is just a temporary move, until warmer weather when I'll probably change out the Progress springs with some springs of a little less drop, perhaps some DF's, or else put some narrower tires on the rims when they're worn enough to change them out.

I do like the looks of my drop the way it is, but my aftermarket wheels/tires have too wide of an offset for the 2.3" drop the Progress springs give me in the front. I know the spacers will probably make the ride aslightly stiffer, but I can live with that for just a few months or so. There are rubber ones you just insert between the coils after jacking up the car, or aluminum ones that twist into place. About the lowest rise I can find is an inch, unless I can get away with just putting one spacer in each coil up front instead of two like they're supposed to be installed...

Any one here ever use such things, or can think of a better way to get about a 1/2" lift on my current front suspension that doesn't require removing the struts outside in this winter weather? I don't have a nice warm garage readily available to work on my car over the winter...