PDA

View Full Version : stupid carpet.

xd_kidd
03-17-2010, 02:36 PM
so I have the normal car carpet from pepboys and its as if it doesnt fit in well with the floor. It would interfere with the clutch after releasing it. so I wld jst slide it back abit. well today went worse. I was on the beltway and somehow my gas peddle was stuck and I was like "good thing theres no stop sign so it will buy me sometime". shift onto neutral. I was trying to feel if there was a gap between the floor and the peddle so I could pull it back but there wasn't. thats when I looked down and there it was. The stupid carpet pushing down on the gas. Pulled it back and watched the rpm level going down. Got off to the side. took a look at the engine. It kinda was shaking, it readlined for about 15-20 seconds :sad72: . so I took it back and let it cool down and threw the carpet to the back. and that is my story. Hopefully the car didn't suffer much.

TheLittleDeviant
03-17-2010, 03:23 PM
Oh boy.............

xd_kidd
03-17-2010, 03:53 PM
Oh boy.............

what do you mean

TheLittleDeviant
03-18-2010, 11:45 AM
The whole Toyota recall situation started because of aftermarket floor mats being installed over factory ones, the anchorless aftermarket ones would slide onto the gas pedal and cause the car to accelerate out of control.

I am glad to hear though that you knew to put the car in neutral... apparently Toyota owners are morons who can't figure that out...

xd_kidd
03-18-2010, 01:50 PM
thanks. it wasnt a cool experience. Now Im just not 100% on my engine. It runs fine. But now im just wonder if my engine had always made a bit of a loud noise or slight shaking. I change my oil every 3k if that helps. Would it cause the engine to have a bad knock or something in the long run. Im thinking of taking it to toyota to take a look at it

JJGeneral1
03-19-2010, 07:25 AM
a slight knock could be a header, a bad knock, might be a piston ready to bust in half.... get it checked!!!

TheLittleDeviant
03-19-2010, 08:56 AM
I have bounced the rev limited several times. the limiter is there to keep you from blowing the motor, so no your fine. If you wanna get it checked go for it, but yea the stock mounts on the xD are soft, and the engine normally shakes in the bay.