PDA

View Full Version : Let's talk about dropping.

CXTKRS1
04-15-2010, 10:37 AM
I'm starting to get to the point that I'm thinking about dropping my xD. What I'm wondering is how low I should go. I have really had my eyes on a set of S-Techs but I doubt I can run 18's (225/40/18). Basically either do a radical drop and keep the stock tire size or reduce the drop.hmm.

xDTool
04-15-2010, 11:24 AM
I'm starting to get to the point that I'm thinking about dropping my xD. What I'm wondering is how low I should go. I have really had my eyes on a set of S-Techs but I doubt I can run 18's (225/40/18). Basically either do a radical drop and keep the stock tire size or reduce the drop.hmm.

I think DF210s work really well with 16's - 18's. when I was running my DF's with 15's I disliked the amount of front gap and think it could have been remedied with the little more s-techs offer in the front. i think if you're going for 15's or 16's s-techs could be a better option for appearance, and for 17-18's DF's look great.

edit: Also if you have the tools and a workspace, our car is a breeze to pull apart and I wouldnt mind helping you, I've disassembled my suspension 4 times now.

If you decide to do DF's let me know, i have a set sitting in my shed with a few thousand miles on them with the stock shocks from my car. Was gonna hold on to them but I wouldnt mind letting them go to someone local with an xD for real cheap.

Will also depend on with and offset of your wheels and how aggressive you get with that.