PDA

View Full Version : Rear Wiper Mod

bobolinko
04-18-2010, 01:50 PM
This makes cleaning the glass sooooooo much simpler.
Did it and so far have no issues...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=50btxtAuHfE :drink_nl:

CXTKRS1
04-18-2010, 10:15 PM
I wonder why Toyota put that tab on there in the first place? I'm guessing maybe the rear windows shatters easy or something like that.

JDMJim
04-19-2010, 11:10 AM
maybe to keep the wiper from chattering in the carwash or getting ripped off? honestly, I don;t se the issue cleaning the rear window with it the way it is. I figured out pretty quick how to take it apart and fix it. but take the car thru a carwash that uses brushes and let's see if my theory is correct

TheLittleDeviant
04-19-2010, 11:16 AM
wow, that looks simple, to get a huge result like that...
If I hadnt already shaved the rear wiper entirely, that would definitely have been done on my xD

JJGeneral1
04-19-2010, 11:56 AM
maybe to keep the wiper from chattering in the carwash or getting ripped off? honestly, I don;t se the issue cleaning the rear window with it the way it is. I figured out pretty quick how to take it apart and fix it. but take the car thru a carwash that uses brushes and let's see if my theory is correct

very good assumption.

bobolinko
04-19-2010, 03:57 PM
you gotta be kidding.....

carwash..... ouch! tons of scratches, and all kinds of problems, not to mention some of the shady characters there rummaging through the glove boxes, ash trays, and under the seats.... I NEVER go there after having problems with my ashtray full of quarters was "vacuumed up" by an attendant "inadvertently" of course, and unable to retrieve any of the coins.....:signs16:

JJGeneral1
04-20-2010, 07:21 AM
you gotta be kidding.....

carwash..... ouch! tons of scratches, and all kinds of problems, not to mention some of the shady characters there rummaging through the glove boxes, ash trays, and under the seats.... I NEVER go there after having problems with my ashtray full of quarters was "vacuumed up" by an attendant "inadvertently" of course, and unable to retrieve any of the coins.....:signs16:

so then take that kind of stuff out. i don't leave anything on the seats or under or in the car that could be "vacuumed up accidentally" or five fingered....