PDA

View Full Version : Crap!!!!

JJGeneral1
05-15-2010, 10:16 AM
Ok, so everytime I push my brakes on, my radio dims, as does my speed gauge area. And my side marker lights, along with my parking/daytime running lights come on. UH.... WTF?????

anyone, PLEASE HELP!!!!

JDMJim
05-15-2010, 10:36 AM
how weird, my buddy called me last night saying his 06 xB is doing the same thing. You must have a short somewhere. slowing down causes a weight shift and whatever it is shorts on something

TheLittleDeviant
05-15-2010, 12:32 PM
I just fixed my fiances Cabrio that was doing the same thing, the taillight main harness had a short in it, try pulling the plugs off the taillights and seeing if there are any score marks on the wires/contacts.

Cylon_xD
05-17-2010, 03:21 PM
That's probably those cheap Chinese LED bulbs in his exterior lights... lol. :bleh:

JJGeneral1
05-17-2010, 06:01 PM
That's probably those cheap Chinese LED bulbs in his exterior lights... lol. :bleh:

doubtful, it didn't happen on the last xd with the same mods...

TheLittleDeviant
05-18-2010, 08:12 AM
^^ you should check them anyway, 1 simple short and your taillights/interior lights look like a cop car...

JJGeneral1
05-18-2010, 10:33 AM
Ok, so now we're back to just the radio dimming when the brakes are applied.

the parking/DRL are not coming on anymore... and i didn't touch anything... UGH!!!

TheLittleDeviant
05-18-2010, 01:35 PM
check your leds/wiring to your taillights

Cylon_xD
05-18-2010, 08:33 PM
he's definitely got a full or high-resistive partial short somewhere...and most likely in the parking light/taillight circuit... did you have to put any special module in the parking light or brake light circuit to use those LED bulbs, or just for the turn signal flashers? One of those could have gone bad...

JJGeneral1
05-19-2010, 07:17 AM
he's definitely got a full or high-resistive partial short somewhere...and most likely in the parking light/taillight circuit... did you have to put any special module in the parking light or brake light circuit to use those LED bulbs, or just for the turn signal flashers? One of those could have gone bad...

just the LED turn signal flasher.

The LED tail lights were plug and play.

when i get some time, i'll check them.