PDA

View Full Version : Factory Pioneer issue

two.0XD
07-15-2010, 01:27 PM
So i attempted to by-pass the switch in the center console to be able to mess with the navi setting while driving or watch Top Gear on my Ipod. Only it didnt work, which is odd because I could watch Top Gear parked before, and now I can not? ANY ADVICE? THen to top it off while trying to place the switch back on, the screw droped and went under a metel plate in the center console. SO NOW i have to firgure our how to get the screw out because my password screen came on and I can not touch the password in!!! so I am in a bit of a problem. My 2nd question is does anyone know how to remove the center console? as in which steps should i take? Thanks for taking the time to read this.

Resolve
07-15-2010, 03:17 PM
One i don't know if you are car audio savvy or not. If not you should not have attempted to by-pass it. Just sayin.

Now to help you a little.

The center console.

First the bottom part of the waterfall on the dash just pops off. Then when that is off you have 2 bolts that you need to undo. Then there is a bolt in the rear cup holder on teh center console. Once all the bolts are removed you are almost ready to remove the console.

After that I need to know if you are Manual ot Auto tranny. so I can tell you how to do the part around the shift so you can pull the center console out.

two.0XD
07-15-2010, 04:29 PM
Yeah I figued that it was going to be easy, but now I know its not.
Yeah the car is a 5 speed, so most the bolts will be under the dash right?(thanks for the imput)

Resolve
07-16-2010, 08:08 AM
No problem.

ok since 5 speed here is you next decision to remove the center console. Decide if you want to take the shift know off or not.

If you dont mind then unscrew it and lift the center console out while lift the shift boot off of the shifter shaft. (sound naughty lol)

If you dont want to take it off, then at the base of the shift boot the plastic trim ring will unsnap from teh center console. Once this is done you can carefully slide the trim ring through the whole in the console that it was covering. once done just lift the center console out over the shifter.

All the above steps are after you have removed the bolts holding it in place.

wooly willy
08-01-2010, 01:49 AM
I'm looking to do the same thing, sort of:

Is there a way to make the system not lock you out of features while moving? I would like to be able to change the songs on my iPod directly, like you can when you are stopped, or have a passenger be able to use all the features, etc. Is there any cables I can disconnect or settings I can disable to solve this?

I have the 08 Pioneer GPS, and an automatic trans.

(I hope I'm not intruding, and I wish I could give you the advise you need.)